Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,220 Members 44,890 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Firmware] Deodexed Stock XXJVT, CWM and Odin

Tip us?

chiefy009
Old
Thanks Meter 778
I am on JVS do I flash over the top ? which file do i replace for with a custom kernel ?
Xperia T
Running: Stock

IF I HELP PLEASE USE THE THANKS BUTTON

Previous -- iPhone 4s, x10i, Nokia 3210, SL55, Nokia 7110, Motorola Rzor, Blackberry Torch, LG Shine, LG Chocolate, Blackberry Curve, Samsung Galaxy S, Sony Ray STi18, Google Nexus S, Sony Arc S, Sony Xperia S, Samsung S2, Xperia T, Windows HTC 8X

[Ramad]
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1656
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefy009 View Post
I am on JVS do I flash over the top ? which file do i replace for with a custom kernel ?
Do you want to replace the Kernel on the CWM package?

chiefy009
Old
Thanks Meter 778
Quote:
Originally Posted by [Ramad] View Post
Do you want to replace the Kernel on the CWM package?
I want to have a custom kernel, I have downloaded the odin package
Xperia T

Previous -- iPhone 4s, x10i, Nokia 3210, SL55, Nokia 7110, Motorola Rzor, Blackberry Torch, LG Shine, LG Chocolate, Blackberry Curve, Samsung Galaxy S, Sony Ray STi18, Google Nexus S, Sony Arc S, Sony Xperia S, Samsung S2, Xperia T, Windows HTC 8X

sathkartha
Old
Thanks Meter 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by [Ramad] View Post
I have deodexed XXJVR but not the leaked one: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1226138 , for reasons regarding leaked XXJVR-XXJVS firmwares I did not deodexed them, those of you that follow my threads remember that I did de-odex XXJVP and XXJVQ at the time they have been leaked, credits and thanks were included in the posts too. I would like to keep the reasons for me removing those firmwares along with the deodexed versions of them to my self, those reasons does not have anything to do with where they came from but with the firmwares them self, however I did deodex XXJVQ and XXJVR that were released by Samsung.
Regarding this firmware, I have to say that I did not find anything wrong with it.
thanks Ramad

thundergust
Old
Thanks Meter 11
is bootloader included in the odin files?

chiefy009
Old
Thanks Meter 778
there is only phone, pda and csc files to flash in odin package is that correct ? no pit file ?

do I flash these then flash a custom kernel ? and can flash over jvs
Xperia T

jimbo77
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2141

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefy009 View Post
there is only phone, pda and csc files to flash in odin package is that correct ? no pit file ?

do I flash these then flash a custom kernel ? and can flash over jvs
1.- It is correct most Odin Files include PDA, CSC and Phone (Modem)

2.- There is not Pit File needed if you come from another Sammy Stock Firmware like JVS.

3.- You have to flash the 3 files in Odin, let ir reboot once and then you can flash a custom kernel, may i recommend Midnight 7.3 which is running perfectly here since yesterday, no lags or whatsoever.

4.- Yes you can flash over JVS without problems...
If want to support my work just click HERE

Current Model: LG Optimus G - [ROM] PAC - 4.4.2 [KERNEL] Matrix Linaro Kernel!

Creator of:
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jimbo77 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

thundergust
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo77 View Post
1.- It is correct most Odin Files include PDA, CSC and Phone (Modem)

2.- There is not Pit File needed if you come from another Sammy Stock Firmware like JVS.

3.- You have to flash the 3 files in Odin, let ir reboot once and then you can flash a custom kernel, may i recommend Midnight 7.3 which is running perfectly here since yesterday, no lags or whatsoever.

4.- Yes you can flash over JVS without problems...
If I am on ext4 and want to repartition to JVT rfs, does the odin files contain bootloaders? Or is it unnecessary because I am already on JVS with gingerbread bootloaders?

jimbo77
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2141

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by thundergust View Post
If I am on ext4 and want to repartition to JVT rfs, does the odin files contain bootloaders? Or is it unnecessary because I am already on JVS with gingerbread bootloaders?
You should convert first to RFS using the any kernel that support vodoo lagfix or use Chanifire's EXT4 tool just to be sure and safe, then you can flash via ODIN JVT.

It doesn't include Bootloader and it's not needed since you're already on JVS (GB Bootloaders)

J!M
If want to support my work just click HERE

Current Model: LG Optimus G - [ROM] PAC - 4.4.2 [KERNEL] Matrix Linaro Kernel!

Creator of:

Prodepressiva
Old
Thanks Meter 10
I'm on stock JVI/JVO (2.3.3) with German CSC (I think its DBT)

- Can I flash this with odin the usual way? Is a flash/wipe needed before it?
- Does this CSC include German files? (DBT)

Thanks