Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,261 Members 52,176 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] SuperOSR and CyanogenMod7 on HTC ChaCha.

Tip us?
 
salmankhawar
Old
#1021  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Feb 2009
does this rom work on S-On Device with CWM 4 installed and unlocked bootloader?
I cant find an answer to this anywhere?
Though using Zasa 4chacha... doesnt solve the low memory problem
 
adlx.xda
Old
#1022  
adlx.xda's Avatar
Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 764
Posts: 985
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Madrid

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by salmankhawar View Post
does this rom work on S-On Device with CWM 4 installed and unlocked bootloader?
I cant find an answer to this anywhere?
Though using Zasa 4chacha... doesnt solve the low memory problem
Yes
Like my work, use my roms daily? Consider donating for a beer/redbull -- Follow me on Twitter

Phones: Galaxy Nexus, Motorola RAZR UMTS XT910, HTC Chacha, Atrix (hard bricked), Defy, 2 Dext, CliqXT
 
qbert456
Old
(Last edited by qbert456; 9th April 2012 at 09:12 AM.)
#1023  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 23
Posts: 341
Join Date: Jul 2010
I put latest osr on yesterday so no report on battery yet but I did do one thing which I can't believe I haven't done before:

Before I connected phone to any data (wifi or put sim in) I froze market updater using titanium - now my market stays as the lower spec white/green version that doesn't take an age or loads of data to start!

Gapps 20110613 is what I put on.



sent usin' tapatalk innit.
 
adlx.xda
Old
#1024  
adlx.xda's Avatar
Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 764
Posts: 985
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Madrid

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by qbert456 View Post
I put latest osr on yesterday so no report on battery yet but I did do one thing which I can't believe I haven't done before:

Before I connected phone to any data (wifi or put sim in) I froze market updater using titanium - now my market stays as the lower spec white/green version that doesn't take an age or loads of data to start!

Gapps 20110613 is what I put on.



sent usin' tapatalk innit.
Interesting.... remember that google apps are included in SuperOSR . Not in CM though.
Like my work, use my roms daily? Consider donating for a beer/redbull -- Follow me on Twitter

Phones: Galaxy Nexus, Motorola RAZR UMTS XT910, HTC Chacha, Atrix (hard bricked), Defy, 2 Dext, CliqXT
 
qbert456
Old
#1025  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 23
Posts: 341
Join Date: Jul 2010
Are they!? I always flash Gapps when flashing osr.. Never knew it was on it!

sent usin' tapatalk innit.
 
Kerosine
Old
#1026  
Kerosine's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 60
Posts: 232
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Fgura
Question Any fix to front camera?

Haven't been on this thread for a while as my phone's a Sensation, but my fiancee` mobile is a ChaCha with this ROM on. Where any fixes found for the front cam not working? Not sure if I have the latest version flashed on her device. Thanks.

A
HTC Sensation XE running SmartDroid (Berserk) ver. 2.3


HTC | Quietly Brilliant.
beatsaudio | Sound Really Matters

 
adlx.xda
Old
#1027  
adlx.xda's Avatar
Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 764
Posts: 985
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Madrid

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerosine View Post
Haven't been on this thread for a while as my phone's a Sensation, but my fiancee` mobile is a ChaCha with this ROM on. Where any fixes found for the front cam not working? Not sure if I have the latest version flashed on her device. Thanks.

A
Unfortunately no fix for the front cam. I haven't been able to work much on it either.

Newest builds were mostly published to provide latest patches from latest versions of the source tree (from CM7 & SuperOSR sources) (which could eventually bring also new features, or small bug fixes).
Like my work, use my roms daily? Consider donating for a beer/redbull -- Follow me on Twitter

Phones: Galaxy Nexus, Motorola RAZR UMTS XT910, HTC Chacha, Atrix (hard bricked), Defy, 2 Dext, CliqXT
The Following User Says Thank You to adlx.xda For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Kerosine
Old
#1028  
Kerosine's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 60
Posts: 232
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Fgura
Wink Thanks...and...

Quote:
Originally Posted by adlx.xda View Post
Unfortunately no fix for the front cam. I haven't been able to work much on it either.

Newest builds were mostly published to provide latest patches from latest versions of the source tree (from CM7 & SuperOSR sources) (which could eventually bring also new features, or small bug fixes).
Thanks for the prompt reply - one more question - what's the difference between CM7 and SuperOSR zip files? Is there a lot of difference in between the two? So far I have only checked out SOSR.

A
HTC Sensation XE running SmartDroid (Berserk) ver. 2.3


HTC | Quietly Brilliant.
beatsaudio | Sound Really Matters

 
jblogg
Old
#1029  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 17
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Hertfordshire
Default Very long boot time

I am doing my first boot and it seems to be taking far too long compared to other ROMs. Is it normal for it to be repeating the splashscreen after 15 minutes? Have I done something wrong? If its still going in another 15 min, I will reflash.

---------- Post added at 09:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 AM ----------

Okay, wiped the cache, the dalvik cache, re-flashed and its till not booting

Any ideas?
 
adlx.xda
Old
#1030  
adlx.xda's Avatar
Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 764
Posts: 985
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Madrid

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jblogg View Post
I am doing my first boot and it seems to be taking far too long compared to other ROMs. Is it normal for it to be repeating the splashscreen after 15 minutes? Have I done something wrong? If its still going in another 15 min, I will reflash.

---------- Post added at 09:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:36 AM ----------

Okay, wiped the cache, the dalvik cache, re-flashed and its till not booting

Any ideas?
try wiping everything. Otherwise, capture a logcat, and put it in pastebin.com.
Like my work, use my roms daily? Consider donating for a beer/redbull -- Follow me on Twitter

Phones: Galaxy Nexus, Motorola RAZR UMTS XT910, HTC Chacha, Atrix (hard bricked), Defy, 2 Dext, CliqXT

The Following User Says Thank You to adlx.xda For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
chacha, cm7, cyanogenmod, turtles
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes