Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,060 Members 51,977 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] SuperOSR and CyanogenMod7 on HTC ChaCha.

Tip us?

carstenheuer
Old
Thanks Meter 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by xdbg View Post
Ok, but I'd like to find a proper way to load the correct kcm file before releasing a new CM7 build. Also I'd like to get the camera fixed.
YES!!! PLEASE POST A LINK TO YOU CM7 BUILD

Sent from my HTC ChaCha A810e using XDA App
Huawei Honor (U8860) / Huawei Ascend G300 (U8815) / HTC ChaCha

The Following User Says Thank You to carstenheuer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

adlx.xda
Old
Retired Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 770

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Ok, but I'd like to find a proper way to load the correct kcm file before releasing a new CM7 build. Also I'd like to get the camera fixed.
IMHO the only proper way is using an app/activity that shows a list of available layout and the user choose the one that fits his phone.

The app could then save the selected value (chacha-keypad-xxx) in a persistent property, like "persist.keyboard_layout" (calling setprop) as well as set the hw.keyboards.0.devname to chacha-keypad-xxx .

Code:
setprop persist.keyboard_layout chacha-keypad-xxx
setprop hw.keyboards.0.devname chacha-keypad-xxx
To make it persist across reboot, just read the persist.keyboard_layout value upon boot (in a script called from init.chacha.rc for example), and set again ro.keyboard.0.devname to that value:

Code:
KL=$( getprop persist.keyboard_layout )
if [ ! -z "$KL" ]
then
   # Restore the save keylout
   setprop hw.keyboards.0.devname $KL
fi
Should be all good

Where to fit that app? I guess for now we could do a small app to propose the list. Then we could integrate the activity into CMParts or Settings...

What do you think?
Like my work, use my roms daily? Consider donating for a beer/redbull -- Follow me on Twitter

Phones: Galaxy Nexus, Motorola RAZR UMTS XT910, HTC Chacha, Atrix (hard bricked), Defy, 2 Dext, CliqXT
The Following User Says Thank You to adlx.xda For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Alex C.
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 491
Come to think about it, I think I saw CM on English QWERTY only on any device as official support. I don't remember if there is any CM7 build with other language support, but I may be wrong (probably).

Honestly I don't think that the keyboard is the main problem right now, as all users would really like to see some CM7 support (unofficial/official) and I do hope that they could sacrifice their specific keyboard layout for a CM. Is not that much of a price to pay, is it?

I'd use klingonian if that'll get me CM7 on my ChaCha ... (I hate Star Trek and anything related to it).
The Following User Says Thank You to Alex C. For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

xd.bx
Old
Thanks Meter 284
By popular demand: http://www.filefactory.com/file/ce98...ANG-signed.zip MD5=154c47fb54cef44071eccf9af9ddfc68

What works: bluetooth, wifi, touchscreen, 2g/3g, lights (although perhaps I need to tone it down a bit), rotation, proxymity, gps
What doesn't: camera, non-qwerty keyboard layouts

To switch the keyboard, you could try to use the kcm files from HTC's rom (attached to this post) using for example adb push:

Code:
adb remount
adb push keychars/chacha-keypad-ita.kcm.bin /system/usr/keychars/chacha-keypad.kcm.bin
If you have GPS issues and you happen to live in Europe, I recommend flashing radio 7.47.35.17: http://www.mediafire.com/?96q32l4qxpvojqu
Attached Files
File Type: zip keychars.zip - [Click for QR Code] (11.3 KB, 14 views)
Away for a short while
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xd.bx For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Alastor_ru
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Guys, sorry for interrupt your discussion about keyboards...
But why not to use 3rd party apps for it? Like ruKeyboard or AnySoftKeyboard?
I use the 1st one for cyrillic input and it works fine with official chacha FW.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alastor_ru For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

adlx.xda
Old
Thanks Meter 770

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
To switch the keyboard, you could try to use the kcm files from HTC's rom (attached to this post)
Thanks for sharing your build :D

I think they should use the one I have post (kl & kcm fixed), not the stock ones from HTC (which will break because of undefined keys like HTC_SHARE).

Does anyone in here wanna create a flasheable zip per kl/kcm pair and post it? (quite easy to do, just don't have the time right now). Could be a easy alternative also (easier than adb IMHO).
Like my work, use my roms daily? Consider donating for a beer/redbull -- Follow me on Twitter

Phones: Galaxy Nexus, Motorola RAZR UMTS XT910, HTC Chacha, Atrix (hard bricked), Defy, 2 Dext, CliqXT
The Following User Says Thank You to adlx.xda For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

adlx.xda
Old
Thanks Meter 770

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastor_ru View Post
Guys, sorry for interrupt your discussion about keyboards...
But why not to use 3rd party apps for it? Like ruKeyboard or AnySoftKeyboard?
I use the 1st one for cyrillic input and it works fine with official chacha FW.
There are virtual keyboards right? Sure, it's an alternative, yet quite a pity in the case of the Chacha, as the physical kbd is the attractive of that device, isn't it?

qbert456
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Xdbg = awesome!
I'm going to give this a go once I get back to my pc.

Sent from my HTC ChaCha A810e using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to qbert456 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Alex C.
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 491
Quote:
If you have GPS issues and you happen to live in Europe, I recommend flashing radio 7.47.35.17
Hehe, this really made me laugh

As a side-note, the official radio for 1.52 is 7.51.35.19 on Europe. Is there any chance you can incorporate this radio into your build (in future releases, not now)?

I'm pretty sure Mikevhl uploaded all the radios for all the versions available in the dev section somewhere.
The Following User Says Thank You to Alex C. For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Alex C.
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 491
Quote:
Originally Posted by qbert456 View Post
Xdbg = awesome!
I'm going to give this a go once I get back to my pc.

Sent from my HTC ChaCha A810e using Tapatalk
They are both awesome, give props to all the devs that spend their free time creating something that you might use for 6+ months.

I am thinking of designing a statue for both adlx and xdbg. (in photoshop of course)

Congratulations to both of you.

Tags
chacha, cm7, cyanogenmod, turtles