This is my first attempt on porting a custom Desire rom to our beloved HD2.
My idea was to make this rom as small as possible and to keep things clean and fast without losing to much functionality and stabilty.
All credits go to the creators of the original stuff !!!
Key Features (changelog in 2nd post) :
android 2.3.5 (GRJ90)
tytung kernel 12.4
tytung GPS libraries 2.1
framework & system apps are odexed for more speed and space.
only 85 mb system partition is needed so you have +300mb free space.
small a2sd script included for the 'hardcore installers'
old and fast v1.82 market
removed Gtalk for more space
removed tts languages for more space
removed more apps which can be downloaded of the market
added spare parts (to disable compatibility mode)
added working spirit FM radio (free) (can be uninstalled)
added Rom Toolbox (free) v4.1.4 (can be uninstalled)
misc ya 1M
boot yboot|ro 5M
system ya 85M
cache ya 5M
userdata ya|asize|hr allsize
Recommendations before and after installation :
- Backup your apps and settings with Titanium backup and do a clean installation for best performance. (wipe everything beforehand in recovery)
- Disable 'Compatibility Mode' in Spare Parts app otherwise the lockscreen could be too small.
- Default CPU speed and governor = 245-998 Mhz Interactive. Set your favorite speed and governor in 'CPU settings' on 1st boot.
- After setting up your phone consider doing a reboot for better performance.
- If you want to use additional system apps (a2sd for example) or use custom themes (search this thread)
be aware of your system partition size and make sure you have enough space !
- For some very nice themes you can check out this topic by mexicandroid ! thanks to him for all his work.
- For Arabic support please look here. (thanks to ksaleem & madmack)
*** Remember that all the flashing is at your own risk ! Always make backups in recovery and/or titanium backup ! ***
I do this for fun only and really don't want any donations, but you could consider doing one to the original creators instead.
If you find any bugs I will do my best to fix them,
but keep in mind that the development of Redux2 is stopped and closed source so some things can't be fixed...
please be nice and keep it friendly !
Thanks & Credits to : tytung, ihlades, rootSU, arif-ali, Cotulla, xavierjohn22, dsixda, hyperdroid team.
- Odexed the framework and system apps for more speed and less dalvic-cache which will need more system space as before (about 15mb) , but will give you around 30mb more space back in /data partition for user apps ! (credits : ckpv5)
- removed filemanager
- added free version of rom toolbox which has lots of great tools like root file manager, terminal, App manager and much more (credits : JRummy16)
- Included a small a2sd script for users who really need more space (credits : leonnib4)
make sure you have Ext3 partition, use terminal (via provided rom toolbox) and type :
# a2sd on
# a2sd off
I still do not recommend using any kind of a2sd scripts and think there is enough user-space available.. Don't forget the 'built in move to sd' functionality in android !
- Included browser search fix.
- Updated Spirit FM Radio (if any update show up, just uninstall and install latest version of the market)
- Updated Superuser
- Updated build.prop so more payed apps show up.
- Hacked vending.apk to stop it from downloading the latest crappy market apk to /data/download and leave the +3mb there doing nothing.. :s (credits : Fnorder)
Side note :
Since I've decided to Odex Redux2 HD2 rom there is no 'Lite version' anymore because the difference in system space is only 3,5 mb....
Themers also need the proper adjustments for their themes. ( I think there is an option for Odexed files in the UOT kitchen)
Changelog and updates Redux2 HD2 v1.3a:
- changed kernel back to tytung v12.4 for better battery life and compatibility.
- recompiled email.apk which should fix the force closing.
- fixed stock music player from force closing.
- added multilanguage version as promised.
Changelog and updates Redux2 HD2 v1.3:
- changed kernel to Dorimanx v2.0 for now and lets see how this goes...
- Moved back to the old market again (not satisfied yet with the modded v2.3.6 market)
- changed default dpi to 240 for better overall compatibility.
- removed non working stock FM radio and replaced it with Spirit FM Radio (located in /data)
- moved email.apk back to system now only FM Radio/DSPManager & Filemanager are left in data for manual uninstallation if desired.
- replaced 2.3.5 stock launcher with smaller modded 2.3.7 launcher (7 home screens)
- fixed browser from force closing when going into download list.
- added some more system files back to gain even more stability..
- compressed the framework and files once more so everything still fits the 60mb System partition with ease
Changelog and updates Redux2 HD2 v1.2:
- Updated market to version 2.3.6 + dpi fix (credits : Smtih)
- Updated kernel to r14 (credits : tytung)
- Fixed cLK tethering issues
- Moved back apps from /data to /system except : DSPManager, Email, Filemanager, FM Radio
- removed dictionaries from stock keyboard to safe space (no auto complete)
- removed zeam laucher and only included stock launcher
Changelog and Updates Redux2 HD2 v1.1a :
- Fixed email.apk with no battery drain is now included (credits : jakubklos)
- Fixed mms.apk with no blurry pictures is now included : change the user agent to NexusOne in settings (credits : tytung)
- Changed default density to 182 (can be changed in build.prob.)
- Added stock launcher.
- Tweaked build.prob a bit and added a tweak script in system/etc/init.d (credits : Lymon.)
- Added cpu voltage script in system/etc/init.d for lower voltage (lowest default = 925 mV.)
- Added DSP manager.
- Changed headset icon and added a missing link in framework (hope it is fixed now.)
- Added Dutch & English dictionary to the stock keyboard (lite version)
- Added Dictionaries to the stock keyboard with the following country code: cs,da,de,el,en,es,fr,it,iw,ka,nb,nl,pl,pt,ru,sv (multilanguage version)
- Added more fonts (multilanguage version)
- Compressed and Optimised the framework and apps even more.
- Shrinked the partition layout to 57mb (lite) and 67mb (multilanguage) system and 3mb cache for more space.
- Added european gps.conf and full apn list (credits : D3LTA)
- Moved back LiveWallpapersPicker.apk to the system (thanks : tin2404)
- Moved the following apps to data and can be uninstalled via application management if desired :
This rom fits the system partition really tide after repartitioning thus installing any (3rd party) system apps after installation (A2SD for example) will not work and will need repartitioning of the system partition first !
Take the above in consideration, before adding system stuff and repartition the partition-table as needed !
Known issues and bugs :
- No headset icon & Headset sometimes is not recognized :
This issue is present in the original Redux2 rom and since the development of the original Redux2 rom stopped I have to look into that if I can fix this...
If more bugs are found I will add it to this list so people know what to expect...
- Tips & Tricks :
- Disable compatibilty mode in Spare Parts app for better compatibilty with apps.
- Consider setting cpu governor on Conservative for better battery life in settings.
- To tweak the android ram manager download autokiller of the market and set default to strict or aggressive.
- Set the Window & Transition animations both on fast in Spare Parts app. (side effect = no tv animation when screen goes off)
- more to come later
For some of us, summer vacation is alreadyover. For those getting ready to school, work, or … more
30 Aug 2014
By Tomek Kondrat
XDA Developers was founded by developers, for developers. It is now a valuable resource for people who want to make the most of their mobile devices, from customizing the look and feel to adding new functionality. Are you a developer?