[CM7 / AOSP KERNEL] [DISCONTINUED] zImage-Mod v1.5 [BFS/SIO/10 CPU FREQ]
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this Kernel
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to use these modifications upon your own choice, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I'll just sit and laugh at you.
1- Using Brain F*ck Scheduler (BFS) as default cpu task scheduler. It should give perfomance boost in 3d games and benchmark as the way BFS works is to give higher priority to any given task that request more resource from the cpu.
2- SIO as default io scheduler used. Previously use noop but maybe noop is too simple. Yes its the fastest but too simple, in rare occasion where phone shutdown improperly maybe will result in data loss, but noop is still included as choices for anyone who still adores it. v/r, deadline and bfq also included as alternative.
3. 2-way call recording enabled.
4- 10 cpu frequencies/steps which is
*** u can change these cpu frequency using NoFrills CPU Control or using SetCPU (need root) ***
6- other small improvement taken from various source eg g3mod kernel, savagedzen kernel, franco kernel etc.
First and most important is u need to disable all autorun app or script that set cpu governor/frequency on boot eg nofrills, setcpu, cm advanced settings etc. Also u need to manually delete all mumbo jumbo script to prevent any compatibility issue with newer kernel before flashing. Download the zip attachment below, put it in sdcard, reboot into clockworkmod recovery and flash it. Tested with jusada's ics and grif_07's cm7 rc1. Starting from beta 1 THIS WILL NO LONGER WORKS WITH STOCK ROM OR CUSTOM ROM BASED ON STOCK
BUGS / ISSUE
None that i know of and can replicate myself. for the future dont report bug if u use my kernel with any scripts whatsoever. if u already deleted all the script and reboot, and the problem still persist then thats a true bug.
u tell me. give some suggestions
The zip file with "patch" name in it is not for you if you not a dev. dont download it.
will this works on <insert rom name here> or <insert rom name here>?
if its pure aosp or cm7 rom or custom rom based on aosp or cm7, yes this will work. But if its stock rom or custom rom based on stock, no this will not work.
what is this ondemandx, interactivex, bfq, sio and **** that u mumbling all the time? I couldnt understand squat of those!
u can read here for better explanation and for further understanding of those things.
why my quadrant score suddenly drops using this?
does higher benchmark score means your phone becoming a speed demon and is "better" than all other phone here? *seriously yes this is my answer (or question) for above question*
would u be the father of my future babies?
sure why not
1. Add kernel-wide snappy compression library.
2. Add snappy compression API for crypto and make it default instead of lzo.
3. Tweak cpu governors.
4. Fix rate limit no-hz.
5. Add retries instruction in acpucock.c when lowering vdd level and axi clock.
6. Bluetooth code from 3.0rc6 kernel.
7. Added CPU-supported unaligned accesses and use it as default instead of software emulated alignment trap.
8. Tweak installer script.
1. 2-way call recording enabled.
2. Tweak lowmemorykiller using patch from cm.
3. Proportional rate reduction for TCP from Google patch.
4. Some TCP tweaks.
5. Fixed some kernel memory leaks.
6. Patch sched with rate-limit nohz.
7. Optimized lib/checksum.c
8. Wakelock fix.
9. Tweak page writeback and vm swappiness ratio.
10. Moved reset_modem.ko module to ramdisk and make it load automatically on boot.
11. Using AROMA Installer (aroma-nightly_1.60-120225-025b) and updated install script to do a little bit of cleaning before kernel flashing.
1. Updated kernel source from 22.214.171.124 to 126.96.36.199.
2. Readd bfs cpu scheduler and use it as default instead of default cfs.
3. Updated timer.c using patch from CodeAurora
4. Added Google's Snappy compression library & staging for zram compcache and use it as default instead of default lzo compression.
5. Enabled Kernel SamePage Merging (KSM).
6. Added optimized crc32 algorithm.
7. For devs, the updated sourcepatch is a clean patch and not incremental patch. I've modify build script (the make_kernel_GT-S5830.sh file) to make kernel building more pleasant and easy, it'll create a folder named "output" in the kernel source tree and after finish compiling, the zImage file along with all compiled module (*.ko) will be copied into that folder. Compiling also produce a log file named log.txt in that folder.
1. Revert previous 1% battery driver because it gives problem to many users
2. Revert previous axi bus underclock as some user said phone somewhat laggy with it.
3. Turned off most of kernel debugging that constantly spamming dmesg, should improve perfomance without those.
1. Rewrite battery driver to include 1% step that hopefully solve stupid jumpy battery issue.
2. Underclock axi bus
3. Using sio as default io scheduler
4. Added bfq io scheduler
5. Added savagedzen cpu governor and fine tune it to cope better with cpu freqs.
6. Using xz kernel compression which is better than previous lzma.
7. Updated zram compcache
8. Include wifi module so no more wifi error
1. Using samsung's source code as i cant seems to fix led backlight issue and add bln support if using teamhacksung's source.
2. Fix random led backlight issue
3. Added bln support
4. Added v/r and sio disk io scheduler
5. Fine tune deadline, v/r and sio io scheduler to suites flash memory better.
6. Fine tune ondemandx, interactivex, and smarta**v2 even more.
7. Lowered battery polling interval from 60 seconds to 30 seconds.
8. Fix that make phone poweroff correctly. Previous beta 3 if choose to poweroff phone when usb or charger is connected, phone just reboot into android again and not poweroff.
1. Fix native cm torchlight. It works now.
2. Use tiny preempt rcu as default.
3. Increase framebuffer ram size to 5mb
4. Fine tune ondemandx, interactivex, and smarta**v2 to cope better with freq steps.
5. Added "noload" kernel mountpoint option in ramdisk that supposedly mount ext4 filesystem without journalled.
1. Fix zram compcache, now it works.
1. Now supports cm7 or rom based on cm7, using kernel source from teamhacksung's github.
2. Revised frequency steps, now using only 10 because previous 14 steps make phone reboot with certain iosched.
3. Removed bfs cpu scheduler due to misbehaving with frequency steps, maybe will re-add later after further test.
4. Added autogroup cpu sched and make default on boot
5. Updated to jhash3
6. Using lzma kernel compression for smaller size kernel.
7. Added ondemandx cpu scaling governor.
8. Added stochastic fair blue (sfb) network scheduler.
9. Undervolt wifi driver a little bit.
10. Raise battery polling interval from 10 seconds to 60 seconds
1. Initial release
2. Using samsung's source
3. Using 14 cpu frequency
4. Added bfs cpu scheduler.
5. Use noop iosched as default disk iosched.
5. Added 4 cpu scaling governor; interactive, interactivex, smarta** and smarta**v2
Google for making android and for making it such awesome platform.
Samsung for this device and for releasing its kernel sourcecode
Codeaurora for many patches i've use
Teamhhacksung for many patches i've use
Ketut.kumajaya for helping me when i've got trouble with module mismatched and bln
amarullz for the amazing AROMA Installer script
<insert your name here if you feel i should also mention your name>
so thats it, i think got all sorts out. please dont ask stupid question like will this work on cm? will this work on this rom? will this work on that rom? i dare u to ask
Not too long ago, we talked about how Sony was continuing its AOSP efforts on … more
XDA Developers was founded by developers, for developers. It is now a valuable resource for people who want to make the most of their mobile devices, from customizing the look and feel to adding new functionality. Are you a developer?