Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,042 Members 47,484 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Innacurate battery stats?

Tip us?

ccs16rocks
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 25
Default Innacurate battery stats?

If i charge my phone to 100%, use it for about 2-3 hours i have ~ 60%.
But if i want to restart my phone for example when it has 60%, after the restart it shows 82% or smth like that. So my question is, why the battery information isnt the same after a restart ? Is something

Another wierd battery stuff : If i charge it to 100% when using it decreseases by 2% once.
100 , 98 , 96 , then it start showing the numbers properly without skipping them.

Example. Today my battery drained and turned off like always, so the battery stat should be "0%". But when i pluged it in and after powering my phone reads the battery is 28%

What should i do? I already wiped the battery stats.

johnpatcher
Old
Thanks Meter 8

DONATE TO ME
The battery percentage indicator is always just an approximation. Basically your device just gets the voltage and tries to guess the percentage with some knowledge about the behavior of the battery drain.

It's totally normal that you get different results after a reboot. I experienced this with different devices, so it's nothing specific to the Sensation.

I don't know what exactly the wiping of the battery stats does, but I would guess that you then need a few charging/discharging cycles in order to get it working properly.

Furthermore you should try to keep your battery charged all the time. Never discharge it completely, as this is one of the worst things you can do (at least with Li-Ion and/or Li-Po batteries).

Just another question: Do you have the original battery? Maybe you have some cheap battery with some cheap controller, which behaviors as such .
My ROMs
If you appreciate my work, please consider a donation.
The Following User Says Thank You to johnpatcher For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ccs16rocks
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 25
Its the battery from the original phone box.

Can u also please tell me how to calibrate step by step, and if u can recomment me a Sense-rom-like TaskManager for the CM7?

johnpatcher
Old
Thanks Meter 8

DONATE TO ME
As said above I've no idea what "wipe battery stats" exactly does. Normally the manuals say something like "please fully charge and discharge your battery for 4 to 5 times". But maybe the "wipe battery stats" option invokes something else.

Personally I don't use any Task Manager. The general conclusion seems to be that Android (especially with the amount of RAM the Sensation got) can handle this for itself quite well. Android got some decent algorithms in order to decide whether an application is still needed and will close it (while saving most of the states within the application). When you open it the next time, Android will try to restore the state and you usually don't even realize what happened in the background. Any task manager will interfere here and shorten the battery life. So under normal circumstances you shouldn't need a task manager.

You just need to get used to the idea that the operating system decides what is best for you (or at least best for your battery life) and try to abstract a little from the "open/close" mindset we are used from our desktops for decades.
My ROMs
If you appreciate my work, please consider a donation.

ccs16rocks
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 25
That fixed a lot of broken links in my mind.
Thanks.

tsrzealot
Old
(Last edited by tsrzealot; 7th October 2011 at 05:57 PM.)
Thanks Meter 56
If you still want to calibrate your battery (e.g. by wiping battery stats after charging it correctly and all that), just follow the general directions in these threads:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=937080

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=16808932

Just be aware of the fact that Current Widget seems to be wrong values for the sensation and that you need an app to find out what apps are causing battery drain (because that function is not available in Gingerbread anymore). Please refer to my post on another thread in order to work around these limitations:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...97&postcount=6

Good luck!

If I was helpful to you, please press the thanks-button
If you say "thank you" to me in a post, you might as well also push the button.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrynalyne View Post
As rooted users we have additional options.
Stock users are going to get backdoored without vaseline.