3) HowTo apply the patch
3.1) ...with Root Explorer
1. Download Arabic Patcher and extract it
2. Pull /system/framework/framework.jar from your phone and place it in the subfolder called "input" that you extracted in step 1. If you’re not using a CyanogenMod ROM (like Stock I9003 Roms), then you’ll also need to pull /system/lib/libandroid_runtime.so from your phone and place it in subfolder input that you extracted in step 1
! If you’re interested in getting arabic shaping in the Browser, pull file /system/lib/libwebcore.so from your phone and place it in subfolder input as well !
3. Double click on commands.exe. Do not close the black cmd screens that will pop up. Once the patch is done, you should get a patched framework.jar in the subfolder output.
4. Put file output/framework.jar in your phone at /system/framework/
5. Put file output/libandroid_runtime.so in your phone at /system/lib/
6. Put file output/libicuuc-arabic.so in your phone at /system/lib/ This is extremely important, failing to place this file will result in a boot loop of your deivce
7. If file exists: Place file output/libwebcore.so in your phone at /system/lib/
8. If file exists: Place file output/lib__bcore.so in your phone at /system/lib/
Also included, the Aljazeera fonts in fonts. You can place these in /system/fonts and reboot Sometimes permissions and xml data doesn’t get updated correctly resulting in corrupted data entries. If you receive a bunch of Force Closes after a reboot, you’ll need to Factory Reset.