[ROM][2.3.5] GSInfuse 1.1.9 [XXJVT][11/02/11][optimized][stock][multi-dpi]
GSInfuse 1.1.9 is based on the latest stock 2.3.5 XXJVT ROM for Galaxy S released by Samsung a few days ago, coupled with UCKJ4 libraries (thanks to LinuxBozo's idea in his hellraiser mod) to bring support to Samsung Infuse 4G, with functionality enhancements/tweaks/mods and optimizations that are done directly upon the stock ROM. It is based on pure stock latest GS ROM 2.3.5 (XXJVT) and is focused on stability/functionality/optimization v.s. theming. It is also modded so that it is ready for multi-DPI support.
* [NEW in 1.1.9]: Updated to LB's hellraiser 1.0 to fix Market insufficient space issue;
* [NEW in 1.1.9]: Updated Market app to 3.3.11;
* Basic tweaks (rooted, deodexed, zipaligned, ..);
* Enabled AOSP lockscreen
with unlock vibrate removed
* Battery % mod
with Enhanced battery icons;
* Wifi/3G/radio icons turn green when fully connected
* Extended power menus
* Removed samsung bloatware
, updated Google apps to the latest: Market, Gmail (with notification-enabling patch), Maps, Voice Search, YouTube
* Added Talk with video chatting
* Added Adobe flash player 11
* Phone FC fix
and nonincreasing ringtone fix
* Dialer and Phone landscape view
support -- useful for car dock calling;
* Many apps are multi-dpi ready, including notification controls (quick settings), dialer, music and video players, calculator, clock, etc.
(check the screenshots below for 190dpi view);
* SMS/MMS log removed from call logs
* Enhanced Settings app
with stay awake
and dock settings
* MMS fixes
* 30FPS video recording
* Stock Galaxy S boot/power-off animations and power on/off sounds
* modded Daily Briefing widgets to support multi-DPIs (check screenshots below)
* Browser mods: user-agent setting, unlimited tabs, blank homepage, all built-in bookmarks cleared
* modded full battery charge notification to be removable (can be cleared by user)
* Modem: UCKJ4;
* Kernel: LB's hellraiser 1.0.
Changes in 1.1.9
* Updated to LB's hellraiser 1.0 to fix Market insufficient space issue
* Updated Market app to 3.3.11
What's new in XXJVT
Alongside with other fixes (in particular, the wifi issue in JVS) and improvements, Samsung's 2.3.5 XXJVT ROM also brings:
* Daily Briefing widgets
: an upgraded set of widgets from previous news/weather widgets, providing weather, agenda, news, and stock widgets. Looks pretty well. Screenshots attached;
* stock blue glow overscroll
: better than custom modded glow effects, because in JVT, Dialer, Contacts, and Browser apps all have blue glow overscroll now (while in custom modded ROMs they are still bounce effect, an inconsistency in overall experience).
Known issues and fixes/workarounds
* First call made after a reboot has no sound, workaround: toggle the speaker button;
* No HDMI output (kernel issue).
Note that sometimes Market app causes data connection drops. To fix it, use _only_ one APN: wap.cingular, username: firstname.lastname@example.org
, password: CINGULAR1, MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
, MMS Proxy: 126.96.36.199, APN type: internet + MMS.
Other than the known issues, the ROM has been running very fast and smooth.
Screenshots 240dpi and 190dpi
See post #3.
Credits & Thanks-to
* LinuxBozo for the kernel and hellraiser;
* $omator for fixes/mods in stock+;
* other dev's that posted methods on how to mod things so that I can do from the scratch on the base ROM;
GSInfuse_1.1.9.zip (184.73 MB)
GSInfuse_Update_1.1.9_from_1.1.8.zip (17.71 MB)
GSInfuse_1.1.8.zip (184.26 MB)
To be installed with CWM recovery. The ROM itself does not wipe data (i.e., it does not do factory reset).