Touchwiz UX for XOOM - Alpha Stage
Hi for all.
Its my port of Touchwiz UX for XOOM in early alpha stage.
This is not final version, errors and bugs may occurs.
In this first step i make a package of launcher only, apparently fully functional. To test this, u need root and push twlauncher.apk to /SYSTEM/APP. If u dnt like and like to revert, simply remove then and older launcher will be reverted back.
Like my work? Pay me a beer.
new alpha or beta releases will be posted in this thread...
bug reports are welcome..
requests are welcome too...
## 20111010 ##
- for users thats experience fc when put widget on homescreen:
1) confirm the "twlauncher.apk" posted on "/system/app";
2) if yes, please, catch "logcat" in the action. To do this...
* connect your device on pc. In my case, when i connect xoom in pc, its prompt me what storage i like. Wherever... its not important in this case...
* run in prompt "adb devices" and check if xoom appears;
* run "adb logcat >logfile.txt" to catch logs;
* in device, try to put widget;
* when fc, tip ok and press "Ctrl+C" on console to stop catch of log;
* zip this file and send me
3) if not, please, put application in "/system/app". Its dnt work on "/data/app"...
in my device this problem not occurs. i using stock 3.1 MZ605 image with Framework-res.apk modifications to enable SMS-Voice-SIP.
## 20111013 ##
Taking a time to study android core to add possibility of use another system signature.
By default, android blocks a some of privileges to applications that not have the same system signature of compiled core. In my mind its insane!
Mini applications uses some of system privileges. I dnt change system signature.
At this time i making a system to catch user authorized applications that not have the same signature as system. In other words, adding a "liberty" to android.
This limitation is a piece of crap...
## 20111028 ##
Little pause in this dev because i brick my sgs with new kernel and work in a correction... Retrying soon as possible...
Galaxy Nexus - TAKJU 4.2.1 w ROOT
Galaxy Note 10.1 - 4.1.2 GER w ROOT
C and ASM (x86, X86-64, SPARC and ARM) programmer
Hard working to find the damn battery eater..
Battery History for Gingerbread (Classical view)
DevC Kernel 1.0
Touchwiz UX for XOOM - Alpha
"punishment is also reward"
(at least in my work)