How to Control Both Moto G and Moto E LEDs

Notification LEDs offer a great way to check for notification at a glance on the Moto G (2013) and … more

LG G3 Receives Oversharpening Fix via Modified Kernel

Nothing is perfect, as they say. No matter how alluring or seemingly perfect, … more

APKTool Updated with Android Lollipop Support

One of the beauties of Android is the level of flexibility we have over our devices. Whether … more

Lollipop Leak for Sprint Galaxy S5, TWRP for Micromax Canvas Magnus – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been leaked for the Sprint … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

I got Whatsapp workin' on my WiFi Tab, I guess?!

OP jorisvdende

8th October 2011, 07:04 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Arnhem
Thanks Meter: 23

269 posts
Donate to Me
More
Hi all,

Since I was (very) disappointed that Whatsapp couldn't be used on my Tab (10.1 WiFi), I couldn't stop thinking about how to get this thing working after all. This morning I had a brainwave, but didn't think too much about it, since I guessed I couldn't be the first one thinking about this?! But after searching the forum this afternoon, I actually couldn't find any post mentioning what I just did. But I must admit, my search-qualities may lack (as does my English)... So sorry if this is already well known / spoken of.

I couldn't get Whatsapp installed on my SGT the normal way(s), so what I now did was Titanium Backup Whatsapp on my Phone (where I was already using it), copy that Titanium Backup files into the Titanium Backup folder on my SGT and then restored that App+Data for Whatsapp on my SGT.

Now it did install on my SGT and when I sent a message to someone, it arrives immediately!

Only thing is the message history on my Tab+Phone isn't synced (of course) and if someone sends me a message it only arrives on my Tab. It arrives on my phone again as soon as I power down my Tab (or when I would kill the Whatsapp app that's running in the background on my Tab I guess).

Again, I'm sorry if someone mentioned this before. I hope this information can be of use for some of us!
Last edited by jorisvdende; 8th October 2011 at 11:50 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jorisvdende For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th October 2011, 01:22 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 4

98 posts
More
Excellent suggestion!
Thanks
9th October 2011, 02:51 AM   |  #3  
Flag Zevenaar
Thanks Meter: 0

59 posts
Lol dude,

Hehe it seems i was mistaken. Apologies and tell your girlfriend that yous arse a smart dude

Now tell me how this will work for my ipad ^_^
9th October 2011, 03:33 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Arnhem
Thanks Meter: 23

269 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpinda

Lol dude,

Hehe it seems i was mistaken. Apologies and tell your girlfriend that yous arse a smart dude

Now tell me how this will work for my ipad ^_^

Hehehe. Ipads are sooooo 2010! Best solution: buy an Android Tab! ;) I'll see you around man!

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk
18th November 2011, 12:49 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 3

73 posts
More
Works great thx
22nd November 2011, 09:50 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 0

16 posts
Awesome idea! Now if only someone could figure out how to get SMS from my phone onto the tab, that would be dope!
23rd November 2011, 03:43 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 103

354 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04deveni

Awesome idea! Now if only someone could figure out how to get SMS from my phone onto the tab, that would be dope!

Try TexTab...sends and receives over Bluetooth between your phone and tab. Works really well

Sent from my GT-P7510 using xda premium
23rd November 2011, 04:09 AM   |  #8  
Flag Richmond Hill
Thanks Meter: 10

161 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jorisvdende

Hi all,

Since I was (very) disappointed that Whatsapp couldn't be used on my Tab (10.1 WiFi), I couldn't stop thinking about how to get this thing working after all. This morning I had a brainwave, but didn't think too much about it, since I guessed I couldn't be the first one thinking about this?! But after searching the forum this afternoon, I actually couldn't find any post mentioning what I just did. But I must admit, my search-qualities may lack (as does my English)... So sorry if this is already well known / spoken of.

I couldn't get Whatsapp installed on my SGT the normal way(s), so what I now did was Titanium Backup Whatsapp on my Phone (where I was already using it), copy that Titanium Backup files into the Titanium Backup folder on my SGT and then restored that App+Data for Whatsapp on my SGT.

Now it did install on my SGT and when I sent a message to someone, it arrives immediately!

Only thing is the message history on my Tab+Phone isn't synced (of course) and if someone sends me a message it only arrives on my Tab. It arrives on my phone again as soon as I power down my Tab (or when I would kill the Whatsapp app that's running in the background on my Tab I guess).

Again, I'm sorry if someone mentioned this before. I hope this information can be of use for some of us!

When i try to restore from my back up files, do i first have to install whatsapp on my tab and then restore? Sorry i may sound dumb

OK Figured out thanks and it works ,
Last edited by phonecurious; 23rd November 2011 at 04:27 AM.
23rd November 2011, 08:14 AM   |  #9  
Flag Belgrade
Thanks Meter: 1

38 posts
More
Well, something isn't clear...as I know whatsapp can only work on one device (with the same number), I tried to install it on my tab, but when I start it, it kills whatsapp on my iPhone.

Also I have another problem, installed whatsapp on my tab, and registered it with another number, but I don't have any contact imported...contacts are synchronized with gmail account...anyone knows a solution for this?
23rd November 2011, 08:56 AM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 68

395 posts
More
hey joris, did this backup/restore thing a week ago on my tab. whatsapp works on my tab too, but i first get messages on my phone none on the tab. i admit that i have never sent a msg from my tab as for now.
but its working - main objective reached

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
whatsapp wifi sgt
Previous Thread Next Thread