5,599,478 Members 38,616 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[MOD][25 OCT] HTC AmazeCAM v8 For Sense 3.5, 2.3.5 Everything working!!!

Tip us?

Jimmah555
Old
Thanks Meter 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkmantra View Post
Based on the existing Amaze mod, you may also need some of the lib files and jar files associated with the camera.apk. and most important is the zero shutter log which is depend on the kernel if im not mistaken.
Yeah I just looked through the v7 zip and saw how much stuff there was to mess with. It's quite a bit, which kinda sucks for a noob like me haha. But I'm willing to try and learn how to do it if someone can point me in the right direction on what I have to do/read to understand it.

And you're right mantra, I remember the ZSL was only with stock kernel.
Brought to you by Carl's Jr.

Il_Simo
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have this problem,
no icon in the second button in the bottom
see this image

Nekromantik
Old
Thanks Meter 172
this is awesome work!
Only thing is you gotta sacrifice battery life and use stock kernal for ZSL and back in GB days no dev was able to use ZSL on a custom kernel.

bduvel
Old
Thanks Meter 171
this would be great on sense 4!

chrisd1a1
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 564
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmah555 View Post
Yeah I just looked through the v7 zip and saw how much stuff there was to mess with. It's quite a bit, which kinda sucks for a noob like me haha. But I'm willing to try and learn how to do it if someone can point me in the right direction on what I have to do/read to understand it.

And you're right mantra, I remember the ZSL was only with stock kernel.
i already have this 'running on 3.6 ics.

there are a few issues though.

the ics amaze cam, sensation cam, vivid cam are the same beast. with a few minor changes. when you think from htc's point there is some brains to this, saves cash on doing the same app a few times

the camera has all of the visuals for all the cams built in. it reads the id of the device and sets the layout accordingly.

the port ive posted does have improved features, and faster shutter speed but the visuals are a hybrid.

its figuring out how the app registers the phone and changing that....
Regards

Chris

Xperia Z1
LG Gpad 8.3
Mono 8 ips
HANNSPADD tetra 2 tablet:chrisd1a1 Gingerpad
HTC HD2 - chrisd1a1 sense HYBRID
chrisd1a1 DROIDHYBRID
XDA IGNITO - chrisd1a1 sense rom
Access to - HTC SENSATION XE - LG GT540 - HTC Rhyme - HTC One S - HTC Wildfire S - Galaxy Ace - Galaxy S - Window N50 GT - Eken A90 tablet

New to XDA? Read This and PLEASE FOLLOW THE RULES!!

gypsy214
Old
Thanks Meter 441
sorry guys I dont mean to update this thread by commenting. I used to have a sensation and I loved it but moved to the amaze and I hate it. poor lacking of development even though we have good developers but Its htc fault, anyways i love this camera but I see that it havent updated in a while just wondering if this works on ICS roms!

Jonny
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 7286

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsy214 View Post
sorry guys I dont mean to update this thread by commenting. I used to have a sensation and I loved it but moved to the amaze and I hate it. poor lacking of development even though we have good developers but Its htc fault, anyways i love this camera but I see that it havent updated in a while just wondering if this works on ICS roms!
No it wont.
If you want a camera mod for ICS there are 2, the HQ Camera mod by and the Amaze cam v2
P.s all you had to do was read like 2-3 pages back to answer the question, cmon dude, its surely not too much effort. Also there is a search thread tool so you could also have used that...

psykodali
Old
Thanks Meter 673

DONATE TO ME
Default amzae vs sensation camera

gr8 worh ,
ppl say that the sensation camera(hardware) is not the same in the amaze and that the amaze camera is better than the the sensation one (especially the focus).
is this true? difference is just in the apk or it's also in the camera optics?
i'am hesitation between Sensation Xe and Amaze so it would be gr8 if some one can answer my question.
thx
HTC One S : S-OFF | TrickDroid / ViperOne S | Bricked Kernel
Don't forget to press thanks if I helped you

Hardcore69er
Old
Thanks Meter 118
Default Re: [MOD][25 OCT] HTC AmazeCAM v8 For Sense 3.5, 2.3.5 Everything working!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by psykodali View Post
gr8 worh ,
ppl say that the sensation camera(hardware) is not the same in the amaze and that the amaze camera is better than the the sensation one (especially the focus).
is this true? difference is just in the apk or it's also in the camera optics?
i'am hesitation between Sensation Xe and Amaze so it would be gr8 if some one can answer my question.
thx
this isn't really the place for a question like that especially since the last post on this thread was back in July. great job

Sent from my HTC Sensation using xda app-developers app
T-Mobile Galaxy S4
---
*I am not a developer*

gustav30
Old
Thanks Meter 142
Default Re: [MOD][25 OCT] HTC AmazeCAM v8 For Sense 3.5, 2.3.5 Everything working!!!

Amaze has a much better sensor. I believe a 2.2 f stop. Better in lowlight situations.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2