[MOD][25 OCT] HTC AmazeCAM v8 For Sense 3.5, 2.3.5 Everything working!!!

OP CdTDroiD

26th April 2012, 04:32 AM   |  #591  
Flag Las Vegas
Thanks Meter: 123

346 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkmantra

Based on the existing Amaze mod, you may also need some of the lib files and jar files associated with the camera.apk. and most important is the zero shutter log which is depend on the kernel if im not mistaken.

Yeah I just looked through the v7 zip and saw how much stuff there was to mess with. It's quite a bit, which kinda sucks for a noob like me haha. But I'm willing to try and learn how to do it if someone can point me in the right direction on what I have to do/read to understand it.

And you're right mantra, I remember the ZSL was only with stock kernel.
29th April 2012, 08:35 PM   |  #592  
Flag Pisa
Thanks Meter: 0

511 posts
More
I have this problem,
no icon in the second button in the bottom
see this image
29th April 2012, 09:21 PM   |  #593  
Flag Worthing
Thanks Meter: 190

4,260 posts
More
this is awesome work!
Only thing is you gotta sacrifice battery life and use stock kernal for ZSL and back in GB days no dev was able to use ZSL on a custom kernel.
20th May 2012, 03:32 PM   |  #594  
Thanks Meter: 171

390 posts
this would be great on sense 4!
20th May 2012, 06:49 PM   |  #595  
Forum Moderator
Flag leeds
Thanks Meter: 600

1,394 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmah555

Yeah I just looked through the v7 zip and saw how much stuff there was to mess with. It's quite a bit, which kinda sucks for a noob like me haha. But I'm willing to try and learn how to do it if someone can point me in the right direction on what I have to do/read to understand it.

And you're right mantra, I remember the ZSL was only with stock kernel.

i already have this 'running on 3.6 ics.

there are a few issues though.

the ics amaze cam, sensation cam, vivid cam are the same beast. with a few minor changes. when you think from htc's point there is some brains to this, saves cash on doing the same app a few times

the camera has all of the visuals for all the cams built in. it reads the id of the device and sets the layout accordingly.

the port ive posted does have improved features, and faster shutter speed but the visuals are a hybrid.

its figuring out how the app registers the phone and changing that....
21st July 2012, 11:00 PM   |  #596  
Flag Dallas, Tx
Thanks Meter: 467

1,939 posts
More
sorry guys I dont mean to update this thread by commenting. I used to have a sensation and I loved it but moved to the amaze and I hate it. poor lacking of development even though we have good developers but Its htc fault, anyways i love this camera but I see that it havent updated in a while just wondering if this works on ICS roms!
22nd July 2012, 12:23 AM   |  #597  
Forum Moderator
Flag Cheshire
Thanks Meter: 8,061

8,012 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsy214

sorry guys I dont mean to update this thread by commenting. I used to have a sensation and I loved it but moved to the amaze and I hate it. poor lacking of development even though we have good developers but Its htc fault, anyways i love this camera but I see that it havent updated in a while just wondering if this works on ICS roms!

No it wont.
If you want a camera mod for ICS there are 2, the HQ Camera mod by and the Amaze cam v2
P.s all you had to do was read like 2-3 pages back to answer the question, cmon dude, its surely not too much effort. Also there is a search thread tool so you could also have used that...
16th March 2013, 02:51 PM   |  #598  
Flag Tunis
Thanks Meter: 673

184 posts
Donate to Me
More
amzae vs sensation camera
gr8 worh ,
ppl say that the sensation camera(hardware) is not the same in the amaze and that the amaze camera is better than the the sensation one (especially the focus).
is this true? difference is just in the apk or it's also in the camera optics?
i'am hesitation between Sensation Xe and Amaze so it would be gr8 if some one can answer my question.
thx
16th March 2013, 05:23 PM   |  #599  
Flag Charleston, South Carolina
Thanks Meter: 133

776 posts
More
Re: [MOD][25 OCT] HTC AmazeCAM v8 For Sense 3.5, 2.3.5 Everything working!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by psykodali

gr8 worh ,
ppl say that the sensation camera(hardware) is not the same in the amaze and that the amaze camera is better than the the sensation one (especially the focus).
is this true? difference is just in the apk or it's also in the camera optics?
i'am hesitation between Sensation Xe and Amaze so it would be gr8 if some one can answer my question.
thx

this isn't really the place for a question like that especially since the last post on this thread was back in July. great job

Sent from my HTC Sensation using xda app-developers app
16th March 2013, 10:46 PM   |  #600  
Thanks Meter: 162

843 posts
Re: [MOD][25 OCT] HTC AmazeCAM v8 For Sense 3.5, 2.3.5 Everything working!!!
Amaze has a much better sensor. I believe a 2.2 f stop. Better in lowlight situations.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread