Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,395 Members 47,259 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

ALL Galaxy Tab 8.9 Questions Go Here

Tip us?

amrsweedan
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default 8.9 market

Hi

I bought a new galaxy tab 8.9 and i found an update available in in the device itself i did it, then i found the market application cannot be opened and message saying application is not installed! !!

shall i install new market app and which one i found many virions on xda, Is it normal to happen after updateS?

Thanks

KitF
Old
Thanks Meter 79

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by amrsweedan View Post
Hi

I bought a new galaxy tab 8.9 and i found an update available in in the device itself i did it, then i found the market application cannot be opened and message saying application is not installed! !!

shall i install new market app and which one i found many virions on xda, Is it normal to happen after updateS?

Thanks
Look in your App list for the Play store.

earldroid
Old
Thanks Meter 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by amrsweedan View Post
Hi

Thanks
It happens to me as well when I updated from 3.1 to 3.2. What i did is just remove the market icon in the homescreen then I went to app drawer and then create a new shortcut for the market. BTW, the new market is now called Play Shop

Phone : Galaxy SL I9003(Sold)
Phone : Galaxy Nexus GT-I9250 TAKJU JOP40D 4.2.1
Tab : Galaxy Tab 8.9 P7300 Official ICS XXLQ6
Click Thanks if my post is helpful

combat2k
Old
Thanks Meter 6
me again with my questions:

First of all, why the "search" option doesn't work for me? No results no matter what the search keywords are...

2nd i cannot install CM9 (last 3 versions, before the 8th of March version)

assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "p5" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "p5" || getprop("ro.product.device") == "GT-P7300" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "GT-P7300"
E:Error in /sdcard/Downloads/update-cm-9.0.0-PC0-p5-KANG-signed-20120302.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

Galaxian Soup worked.

3. i've bought a Connection Kit (3 USB-s and some card readers); why it doesnt work in galaxian soup (no disconnect option - need to restart for seeing the usb drive again)

That's all for now.

Thank you in advance for your opinions.

Regards,
Dan.

sorrowrain
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by combat2k View Post
me again with my questions:

First of all, why the "search" option doesn't work for me? No results no matter what the search keywords are...

2nd i cannot install CM9 (last 3 versions, before the 8th of March version)

assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "p5" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "p5" || getprop("ro.product.device") == "GT-P7300" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "GT-P7300"
E:Error in /sdcard/Downloads/update-cm-9.0.0-PC0-p5-KANG-signed-20120302.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

Galaxian Soup worked.

3. i've bought a Connection Kit (3 USB-s and some card readers); why it doesnt work in galaxian soup (no disconnect option - need to restart for seeing the usb drive again)

That's all for now.

Thank you in advance for your opinions.

Regards,
Dan.
as for 2 you have to flash cm9 cmw recovery then flash the rom.

minimadness
Old
(Last edited by minimadness; 18th March 2012 at 12:57 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Hi,

This galaxy tab 8.9 has a tegra 2 processor or a snapdragon?

Because,
i found "tegra 2" in some sites... and snapdragon s3 on qualcomm site!!

link => ww w. qualcomm .com/snapdragon/devices/samsung-galaxy-tab8.9

Mkv and mp4 videos are smooth on this tablet (both 720p) ?

*excuse me for my bad english!

**edit=> i found the answer! The version with S3 is the LTE version!! (1,5 Ghz.... and adreno 220).. the "standard" version is powered by tegra 2....

excuse me!

joeherlev
Old
Thanks Meter 69
Default Skype error ??

I realy need help to get skype to work

I can make video calls but after 30sec it freezzzz picture and then connection lost!

I have uninstalled skype and installed again...
I have cleared app data

Nothing makes it work :'(

Please help.....

Is there an alternative app that works with skype??

combat2k
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorrowrain View Post
as for 2 you have to flash cm9 cmw recovery then flash the rom.
Which version? I have 5.5.0.4 and no luck :)

Thanks anyway for your idea.

Dan.

dornier
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default Samsung 8.9 applications not installed!

I had a weird thing happen to me the other day. I tried to open several apps and many of them came up with the application not installed error message. I also went into "manage applications" and all of my apps were there, but most of them didn't have an icon. I also tried going through APPS, but about 30 apps were missing. Google Play was one of the programs that wouldn't run and it didn't even show up as a app in the app drawer. I tried a soft reset and I had the same problem. I had to perform a hard reset and the tablet appears normal now. Any ideas?

Thanks,

GP

Ren Hayashi
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Hey nirogu325! Sorry I haven't been updating about my tablet's..err..predicament. Anyhow, after following your advice and checking out a few other forums, I finally decided to bring it to a Samsung store to have it checked, turns out that it really was a hardware problem, and they had to replace the motherboard..now happily using my Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 running on CM9 (Thanks to kallt_kaffe for porting CM9 over to the Tab 8.9, cannot wait for updates =D). And thank you for being patient with me, nirogu325. =)