Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Problem when Rooting! Not Noob Problem! Tried Everything!

OP Young Katbodi

10th October 2011, 02:21 AM   |  #1  
Young Katbodi's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
29 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2011
More
Hey Guys, I have the Samsung Galaxy S 4G. I've been trying to root and I've ran into so many problems. I use SuperOneClick. It usually doesn't work or just freezes. Before you call me a noob. Yes I have the Drivers. Yes I've tried different versions of Drivers. Yes I used different versions of SuperOneClick including Latest and Older that have been said to work. Yes I used different exploits for both versions in SuperOneClick. Yes I've ran as Administrator as well. I have Windows 7 32 Bit. I just don't know what's wrong!
10th October 2011, 02:31 AM   |  #2  
Exodian's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 315
 
1,041 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
Have you tried different USB cables or slots? Sometimes that matters.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using xda premium
10th October 2011, 02:40 AM   |  #3  
htaak's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Ore Chasm - Pandora
Thanks Meter: 113
 
310 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
More
Odin one of drhonks rooted with cwm kernels in the Dev section.

Sent from my SGH-T959V
10th October 2011, 02:43 AM   |  #4  
Exodian's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 315
 
1,041 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
Yes that definitely would be a good idea. I keep forgetting about those Odin kernels.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using xda premium
10th October 2011, 03:10 AM   |  #5  
dsexton702's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Flag Las Vegas
Thanks Meter: 2,271
 
2,478 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Katbodi

Hey Guys, I have the Samsung Galaxy S 4G. I've been trying to root and I've ran into so many problems. I use SuperOneClick. It usually doesn't work or just freezes. Before you call me a noob. Yes I have the Drivers. Yes I've tried different versions of Drivers. Yes I used different versions of SuperOneClick including Latest and Older that have been said to work. Yes I used different exploits for both versions in SuperOneClick. Yes I've ran as Administrator as well. I have Windows 7 32 Bit. I just don't know what's wrong!

Heres the real test if your a noob... Are you trying to root gingerbread with superoneclick? :P

Sent from my SGH-T959V using XDA Premium App
10th October 2011, 03:10 AM   |  #6  
Young Katbodi's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
29 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsexton702

Heres the real test if your a noob... Are you trying to root gingerbread with superoneclick? :P

Sent from my SGH-T959V using XDA Premium App

Yeah I am... Is that a problem? LOL?
10th October 2011, 03:18 AM   |  #7  
dsexton702's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Flag Las Vegas
Thanks Meter: 2,271
 
2,478 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Katbodi

Yeah I am... Is that a problem? LOL?

Lol yea superoneclick never rooted GB lol

you can either use the method I found when GB first came out or the easy more up to date technique and flash one of drhonks.gn kernel that will auto root you

Sent from my SGH-T959V using XDA Premium App
10th October 2011, 03:19 AM   |  #8  
FBis251's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,705
 
3,349 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Katbodi

Yeah I am... Is that a problem? LOL?

Haha sexton. Yes, can't root Gingerbread on our phones with superoneclick
10th October 2011, 03:20 AM   |  #9  
Young Katbodi's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
29 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsexton702

Lol yea superoneclick never rooted GB lol

you can either use the method I found when GB first came out or the easy more up to date technique and flash one of drhonks.gn kernel that will auto root you

Sent from my SGH-T959V using XDA Premium App

Wait so I should Stock back to 2.2.1 then upgrade to Valhalla which is 2.3.3?
10th October 2011, 03:25 AM   |  #10  
Exodian's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 315
 
1,041 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
If your on gb you can Odin one of Dr honks hacked gb kernels to get root and cwm.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using xda premium

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes