22nd January 2012, 04:54 PM   |  #11  
Flag nottingham
Thanks Meter: 294

1,241 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesdaking

And i ask why not??

Why the hell do someone want to put android on a iphone! and some one did!
I think it would be cool.. but i dont think you are not a windows fan.. lol!

I wouldnt want windows 8 on my tablet...but I can see why some people might be interested.

nvidia is not intel though. they may licence some technologies from each other, but they aren't one and the same. If they were. then why would intel be bothering with the medfield chips?
22nd January 2012, 05:19 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 1

22 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mullemulle86

Nvidia is Intel....

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App

Errr... nVidia is most certainly NOT Intel!

No back to the thread - why on earth would you want to put Windows, aka bloatware, on an Android Tab?

But you haven't answered the question? I asked why on earth would you want to put Windows 8 on an android tablet?

It seems silly to me that's all - but that's just my opinion
22nd January 2012, 05:52 PM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 5

136 posts
If dual boot was possible why would u not want to put win 8 or any other OS on it? I thought that was the point of being "open" why do so many touchpad users want android???

Sent from my PG86100 using xda premium
22nd January 2012, 05:59 PM   |  #14  
Flag Freakmont
Thanks Meter: 151

748 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve664npc

No back to the thread - why on earth would you want to put Windows, aka bloatware, on an Android Tab?

But you haven't answered the question? I asked why on earth would you want to put Windows 8 on an android tablet?

Actually windows8 might surprise you. it is not bloatware as in previous windows

Nvidia uses arm architecture intel uses x86. Windows 8 is being designed to support lean hardware like ARM based SoC. It will supports 2 modes - traditional windows called desktop mode and touch based called metro. Its tile based metro UI is more elegant than android and shoul work with both x86 and arm devices. X86 will habe an edge as it will work woth traditional windows as well as Metro while arm can only work with metro assuming they fix all the headaches related to arm

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to animatechnica For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd January 2012, 09:10 PM   |  #15  

17 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve664npc

Why should i answer that question.. The only thing you are saying is that windows 8 is silly.. ????? And the Answer is that i dont think so.. lol. I just like to try everything to have a oppionon. Im not a FANBOY! that just try one thing only.

and you are calling it android tablet why? its a samsung galaxy tablet 10.1 and i like to call it windows tablet soon. hehe
Last edited by jesdaking; 22nd January 2012 at 09:14 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to jesdaking For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd January 2012, 04:43 AM   |  #16  
Flag Isabela, PR
Thanks Meter: 6

127 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesdaking

Why should i answer that question.. The only thing you are saying is that windows 8 is silly.. ????? And the Answer is that i dont think so.. lol. I just like to try everything to have a oppionon. Im not a FANBOY! that just try one thing only.

and you are calling it android tablet why? its a samsung galaxy tablet 10.1 and i like to call it windows tablet soon. hehe

Me too! This is a Samsung tab that runs Android. Not an Android tab made by Samsung! If dual boot is possible I want it!

Sent from my SGT10.1 using XDA Premium
23rd January 2012, 06:38 AM   |  #17  
Flag Quebec City
Thanks Meter: 14

85 posts
More
Well sorry to blow out your dreams but Windows 8 ARM wont isnt coming 'til 2013 and it WONT be available as OEM or retail disc in any way.

It will be embedded into the slabs, just like Android.
But since it is NOT open source, you just will NOT be able to add it afterwords.

THERE WILL BE NO WINDOWS ON THE GTAB 10.1. EVER.

Dual-Booting a Windows 8 ARM tablet with Android might be possible, but not the opposite.
That being said; just wait to see the price of the Windows-based slabs; itll be a good 200$ over the comparable Android-based slab.
Last edited by wewewi999; 23rd January 2012 at 06:45 AM.
23rd January 2012, 07:36 AM   |  #18  
Thanks Meter: 306

1,008 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wewewi999

Well sorry to blow out your dreams but Windows 8 ARM wont isnt coming 'til 2013 and it WONT be available as OEM or retail disc in any way.

But since it is NOT open source, you just will NOT be able to add it afterwords.

Dual-Booting a Windows 8 ARM tablet with Android might be possible, but not the opposite.
That being said; just wait to see the price of the Windows-based slabs; itll be a good 200$ over the comparable Android-based slab.

Unfortunately, I agree with everything here, except the word "ever." I think there will be folks rocking the GT10 when Win8 gets leaked and built, but by then this will be a "legacy device." I'm really looking forward to having a windows 8 tablet, but it won't be the galaxy tab 10.1
23rd January 2012, 08:20 AM   |  #19  
Flag Freakmont
Thanks Meter: 151

748 posts
yep microsoft UEFI Secure Boot technology might make it near impossible to dual boot win 8 and android ON devices built for windows8 - but i have faith in the dev community to port Win 8 onto android first devices- not that i would use it anyway

Quote:
Originally Posted by wewewi999

23rd January 2012, 09:56 AM   |  #20  

17 posts
Crap totally foregot about microsoft UEFI Secure Boot technology!
but when the windows 8 tablet are out..
i just buy a windows tablet ;). And sell my lovely SG tab 1.10. but ICS is gonna be great to!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, custom rom, samsung galaxy tab 10.1, windows 7, windows 8
Previous Thread Next Thread