The probelm began before I even considered flashing my firmware. The sd card will be unexpectedly removed causing forced closes. Did a factory reset using the privacy menu quite a number of times for a few weeks. It helped for a while but the problem will always reocurred though. Then suddenly, factory resets stopped working alltogether. The phone will delete new apps i install every time i reinstall them and reinstall apps which i uninstall every time i restart the phone.
I thought flashing the firmware will fix the problem. But even after flashing the old apps and settings keep coming back.
Here are the steps I used to flash.
1) Removed sim card and micro sd card.
2) Restarted phone in download mode.
3) Run odin and plugged phone in Usb port
4) Checked Repartition, Auto Reboot, and Reset Time boxes.
5) Downloaded pit files.
6) Waited for it to pass
7) Pressed reset
8) Took phone out from usb port, took out battery and turned on download mode.
9) Flashed PDA, PHONE, AND CSC files. By ticking Auto reboot and reset time checkboxes.
11) Waited for pass and started again.
I even tried using the recovery mode to wipe everything but still had the same problem. Apps and settings still keep reocurring from the corrupted android 2.2
I have done everything and am hoping for a solution for this frustrating problem. THinking of reflashing to android 2.2 and sending my phone to samsung for warranty.