[ROM] CyanogenMod 7 for the LG Optimus 2X :: V7.1.0 (9 Oct 2011)

Search This thread

CyanogenMod

Retired Recognized Developer
Jul 28, 2011
CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 2.3 (Gingerbread), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions:

First time flashing CyanogenMod 7 to the LG Optimus 2X, or coming from another ROM?
  1. Root the device and install ClockworkMod Recovery. Instructions are available here.
  2. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
  3. Format the system, data & cache partitions of your device.
  4. Perform a factory reset.
  5. Flash CyanogenMod.
  6. Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.
Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 7?
  1. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
  2. Flash CyanogenMod (your Google Apps will be backed up & restored automatically).
Issues?

Experience issues? Please provide the following info:
  • If the device was hard reboot, please provide the file "/proc/last_kmsg".
  • If the device was soft reboot or is "bootlooping", please run a logcat and provide the full output.
  • Please use Pastebin when possible.
Download Links:

CyanogenMod:
Latest version: update-cm-7.1.0-Optimus2X
Download: link
Mirror: link
MD5sum: 1413103af74602d798222db6a62ad2c1​

Google Apps addon:
Version: gapps-gb-20110828

Version: Google Talk with video addon

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!

Gipi

Jun 16, 2007
Thanks for this hard job !

But A2DP doens'nt work on this release.

Nightly 163 correct this.

Last edited:

xalix

Jan 4, 2011
Vrsac
video recording is very bad and laggy with low framerate in all resolution,, even i flash stock rom via smartflash and again flash CM7 from zero ....:confused:

aremcee

Retired Recognized Developer
Feb 1, 2010
video recording is very bad and laggy with low framerate in all resolution,, even i flash stock rom via smartflash and again flash CM7 from zero ....:confused:

check your lighting conditions, since the camera now does exposure compensation. The attached video, which I did just now, is 1080p @ 28.53 fps

Attachments

• testvid.zip
    6.3 MB · Views: 296

chuckbartowski

Dec 7, 2010
Google Pixel 6
hello, I have problem with CyanogenMod 7 (and MIUI) stable and Nightly Builds, everytime I flashed them I can not see my contacts on me SIM card. I dont know if I am the only one encountering problem. Is this a bug, wrong flash or something. . But otherwise the ROM is smooth and fast. HELP Please.

Kernel: HP_kernel_2x_Extreme Beta1.1

Last edited:

hoolie

Apr 4, 2007
Amsterdam
hello, I have problem with CyanogenMod 7 (and MIUI) stable and Nightly Builds, everytime I flashed them I can not see my contacts on me SIM card. I dont know if I am the only one encountering problem. Is this a bug, wrong flash or something. . But otherwise the ROM is smooth and fast. HELP Please.

Kernel: HP_kernel_2x_Extreme Beta1.1

Sync your contacts with your Google account...problem solved... :)

yodanutz01

Jan 25, 2011
Bucharest
I left my phone charging last night and when i woke up i think the phone was switched off ! i had to pull off the battery.

the quality of calls not so good. anyone else experienced this ?

Last edited:
Reactions: albertfann

xxdoggyxx

Jul 4, 2009
Singapore
Thanks CM for all the hard work.

Some problem.
-Battery drainage is fast on stock(cm7) kernel.
-Cellular connection keeps disconnect after you kill your task manager with Advance task killer THEN open a data connection in browser. Tried all BB version. Problem still exist.
-Problem with Wifi: Wifi connected to a network. Connection is established but no daa is coming received. However, On same wifi, data is accessible using other device.

humanizer

Jul 23, 2010
Hi!

I am having problem because both camera and gallery says "insert SD-card" but i do not want to use SD-card. I want to use the internal storage as before. How do i mount internal storage to /mnt/sdcard?

Please help!

---------- Post added at 10:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 PM ----------

Hi!

I am having problem because both camera and gallery says "insert SD-card" but i do not want to use SD-card. I want to use the internal storage as before. How do i mount internal storage to /mnt/sdcard?

Please help!

Ahh..... I have now found the setting in the cyanogen menu. Great!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 2.3 (Gingerbread), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
    Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions:

First time flashing CyanogenMod 7 to the LG Optimus 2X, or coming from another ROM?
    1. Root the device and install ClockworkMod Recovery. Instructions are available here.
    2. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
    3. Format the system, data & cache partitions of your device.
    4. Perform a factory reset.
    5. Flash CyanogenMod.
    6. Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.
    Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 7?
    1. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
    2. Flash CyanogenMod (your Google Apps will be backed up & restored automatically).
    Issues?

Experience issues? Please provide the following info:
    • If the device was hard reboot, please provide the file "/proc/last_kmsg".
    • If the device was soft reboot or is "bootlooping", please run a logcat and provide the full output.
    • Please use Pastebin when possible.
    Download Links:

CyanogenMod:
    Latest version: update-cm-7.1.0-Optimus2X
    Download: link
    MD5sum: 1413103af74602d798222db6a62ad2c1​

Google Apps addon:
    Version: gapps-gb-20110828

Version: Google Talk with video addon

The CyanogenMod team would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!
    "video recording in low light is not that great" but how to fix it?

Using Root Explorer go to system\lib and replase libcamera.so with this one
    libcamera.so
    I left my phone charging last night and when i woke up i think the phone was switched off ! i had to pull off the battery.

the quality of calls not so good. anyone else experienced this ?
    I cant instal this any more! Try ver 180 yesterday but the phone will not start up.

I campe from blazing dragon 2b, did a full wipe but no boot. Stops whit the LG logo.

Im using BB 725 whit matching RIL.

What Im I doing wrong?