Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,635 Members 52,966 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] CyanogenMod 7 for the HTC Vision :: V7.1.0 (9 Oct 2011)

Tip us?
 
Tankslappa
Old
#181  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 19
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: London
I've got mixed feelings about CM7.1.0 stable... This is the first custom ROM I have ever tried on an Android phone, and it's been a mixed bag.

I have the European DZ, which did have stock HTC (with sense) gingerbread.

Bit of a battle to get it rooted (thanks HTC!), but managed it eventually.

My problems with CM7.1.0 stable are:

GPS didn't work. Had to do much digging round forums and a radio flash to get it to work.

Wifi set to turn off when the screen is off by default caused me a lot of headaches! Missed loads of emails because I didn't realise the phone stopped listening for them when the screen turned off! Rather a crazy default in my book.

and € symbols on the real keyboard don't work. is sym Z, and € is sym X. If I want to type or € then I have to close the real keyboard and use the touch keyboard instead! :-/
Two application shortcut keys on the keyboard don't seem to do anything anymore.

No notification LEDs for email,sms, missed call. Even the charging LED colour seems to randomly pick a colour, sometimes green when charging, sometimes orange. Back in HTC world it was orange for charging, green for charged. Email, SMS, missed calls all made the LED blink green to tell me I had missed something. I've tried various apps to resolve this. "LED me know" won't work with the gmail app, so that was no good. Currently trying "light flow".
Notification setting were all built into the HTC gingerbread version, and all worked.
How can CM really claim to support G2/DZ when such basic features don't work out of the box?

I hope I'm wrong, but unfortunately with ICS now here, I can't see anyone bothering to fix CM7.1, they'll all want to play with the new shiny code.

I just hope they test ICS a little better. I'm on the verge of flashing back to stock.

Please don't suggest trying a nightly, I can't risk it, this is my only phone, I need it! I've got enough bugs in the "stable" release without trying a "beta"! At least I know the current bugs!
 
azrash
Old
#182  
azrash's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 631
Posts: 1,169
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Kuala Lumpur

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tankslappa View Post
I've got mixed feelings about CM7.1.0 stable... This is the first custom ROM I have ever tried on an Android phone, and it's been a mixed bag.

I have the European DZ, which did have stock HTC (with sense) gingerbread.

Bit of a battle to get it rooted (thanks HTC!), but managed it eventually.

My problems with CM7.1.0 stable are:

GPS didn't work. Had to do much digging round forums and a radio flash to get it to work.

Wifi set to turn off when the screen is off by default caused me a lot of headaches! Missed loads of emails because I didn't realise the phone stopped listening for them when the screen turned off! Rather a crazy default in my book.

and symbols on the real keyboard don't work. is sym Z, and is sym X. If I want to type or then I have to close the real keyboard and use the touch keyboard instead! :-/
Two application shortcut keys on the keyboard don't seem to do anything anymore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by coredalae View Post
Flash http://db.tt/5OH3WEVp

To get



Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA App
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tankslappa View Post
No notification LEDs for email,sms, missed call. Even the charging LED colour seems to randomly pick a colour, sometimes green when charging, sometimes orange. Back in HTC world it was orange for charging, green for charged. Email, SMS, missed calls all made the LED blink green to tell me I had missed something. I've tried various apps to resolve this. "LED me know" won't work with the gmail app, so that was no good. Currently trying "light flow".
Notification setting were all built into the HTC gingerbread version, and all worked.
How can CM really claim to support G2/DZ when such basic features don't work out of the box?

I hope I'm wrong, but unfortunately with ICS now here, I can't see anyone bothering to fix CM7.1, they'll all want to play with the new shiny code.

I just hope they test ICS a little better. I'm on the verge of flashing back to stock.

Please don't suggest trying a nightly, I can't risk it, this is my only phone, I need it! I've got enough bugs in the "stable" release without trying a "beta"! At least I know the current bugs!
CM7.2 is coming. to be honest, i have not bothered installing cm7.1 stable. right now im using ILWT CM7 which has ironed out a lot of this issues(gps, led, wifi). even though ILWT tends to update every few weeks, i have not had any problem from not updating. (I only update when there is a major change)

CM7 aside, if you want a good/stable/fast Stock like rom, try Virtuous Sense v2.0.0 at my signature. I have been using that rom since i got my phone and have only recently changed to ILWT.. I'll recommend ILWT for CM7, Virtuous Sense v2.0.0 for Sense based rom(based on stock Desire Z rom, but completely optimized), and Virtuous G-Lite for AOSP build (based on official AOSP build for t-mobile G2)
N4 CM11 | Flashable TWRP or CWM
N7 LTE | Flashable TWRP or CWM
HTC Desire Z/G2 | Rom: ILWT CM7 634 Sense Rom: Virtuous Sense v2.0.0
G1 : ADS-Magpie (GB) or Froyo by Laszlo+ezterry's kernel

my general advise in using BBS http://j.mp/VOK3bU and here http://j.mp/13gecGG
Free 2.5GB Dropbox storage here or 20GB with Copy here
Malaysian? try UMobile, prepaid mobile internet from RM18 a month
sig last updated: 18 Jan 2014
The Following User Says Thank You to azrash For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Ditamae
Old
#183  
Ditamae's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 180
Posts: 839
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Portland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tankslappa View Post
I've got mixed feelings about CM7.1.0 stable... This is the first custom ROM I have ever tried on an Android phone, and it's been a mixed bag.

I have the European DZ, which did have stock HTC (with sense) gingerbread.

Bit of a battle to get it rooted (thanks HTC!), but managed it eventually.

My problems with CM7.1.0 stable are:

GPS didn't work. Had to do much digging round forums and a radio flash to get it to work.

Wifi set to turn off when the screen is off by default caused me a lot of headaches! Missed loads of emails because I didn't realise the phone stopped listening for them when the screen turned off! Rather a crazy default in my book.

and symbols on the real keyboard don't work. is sym Z, and is sym X. If I want to type or then I have to close the real keyboard and use the touch keyboard instead! :-/
Two application shortcut keys on the keyboard don't seem to do anything anymore.

No notification LEDs for email,sms, missed call. Even the charging LED colour seems to randomly pick a colour, sometimes green when charging, sometimes orange. Back in HTC world it was orange for charging, green for charged. Email, SMS, missed calls all made the LED blink green to tell me I had missed something. I've tried various apps to resolve this. "LED me know" won't work with the gmail app, so that was no good. Currently trying "light flow".
Notification setting were all built into the HTC gingerbread version, and all worked.
How can CM really claim to support G2/DZ when such basic features don't work out of the box?

I hope I'm wrong, but unfortunately with ICS now here, I can't see anyone bothering to fix CM7.1, they'll all want to play with the new shiny code.

I just hope they test ICS a little better. I'm on the verge of flashing back to stock.

Please don't suggest trying a nightly, I can't risk it, this is my only phone, I need it! I've got enough bugs in the "stable" release without trying a "beta"! At least I know the current bugs!
I concur with the previous poster. Despite what you may have heard, in my experience, CM7 nightlies (including ILWT mod) have been just as stable - if not more stable - than any of the RC's or stable CM releases.

If the LED's are bugging you, there is a flashable zip that tsubus fixed up that will change the LED style back to how it used to be (i.e., green blinking for all notifications). During charging, the LED *should* be solid amber until the battery reaches at least 90%, at which point it turns green. I encourage you to check out tsubus' ILWT ROM, but at the very least try the flashable zip. It's noted to work fine with all CM based ROMs. Here's the link to the thread; zip is in the OP.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1242480

Samsung Galaxy SIII (SGH-T999) in titanium gray | Slim Bean v4.2.2 | TWRP Recovery v2.7.1.0 themed with Holofied Light by z31s1g
with Apex by dennisxl | Ember theme by sonnysekhon


Screenshots:
 


The Following User Says Thank You to Ditamae For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
mbergh22
Old
#184  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 259
Join Date: Oct 2010
Hey how do I find the duration of each call? I seem not to be able to find how long each call is on this rom.

Sent from my HTC Vision using xda premium
 
steviewevie
Old
#185  
steviewevie's Avatar
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 615
Posts: 5,319
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbergh22 View Post
Hey how do I find the duration of each call? I seem not to be able to find how long each call is on this rom.
Go into the Phone app, select the Call Log tab, then it tells you the time each call started. If you press on the call entry, it also tells you the duration at the top. At least, it does on the Nightly that I am running, I would be suprised if the stable doesn't do the same.

Sent from my Desire Z running CM7.
 
mbergh22
Old
#186  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 259
Join Date: Oct 2010
I'm on the last stable and it does not show me that. When I press on the call it just gives me the call back option and a couple other options. No call duration.

Sent from my HTC Vision using xda premium
 
OriginalGabriel
Old
#187  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 176
Posts: 1,098
Join Date: Nov 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbergh22 View Post
I'm on the last stable and it does not show me that. When I press on the call it just gives me the call back option and a couple other options. No call duration.

Sent from my HTC Vision using xda premium
I'm on the latest stable as well and its at the very top; first line states Incoming/outgoing call, second line states the date and time, third line states duration.

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA App
 
killed
Old
#188  
Member
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 82
Join Date: Oct 2010
LauncherPro better than AWDLauncher. I had removed AWDLauncher and replace with LauncherPro
 
aegentirony
Old
#189  
aegentirony's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 71
Posts: 407
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by killed View Post
LauncherPro better than AWDLauncher. I had removed AWDLauncher and replace with LauncherPro
Google translate got an update today......

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA App
Current Phone: HTC Ville
Rooted with Cm11 Official nightlys
SuperCID and S-Off
1/6/14 - Fell from 3rd floor Balcony dead

Backup Phone: HTC G2
CM7.2 Stable *Hibernating*
The Following User Says Thank You to aegentirony For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
mbergh22
Old
#190  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 259
Join Date: Oct 2010
Hmm I wonder if its my theme.. I'm using bluemagic.

Sent from my HTC Vision using xda premium

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes