Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,552 Members 47,979 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] CyanogenMod 7 for the Samsung Vibrant :: V7.1.0.1 (10 Oct 2011)

Tip us?
 
eservant
Old
#721  
Member
Thanks Meter 24
Posts: 75
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Va Beach
Default wifi and 3g internet calling.

When using cm7 native dialer (doesn't happen with sipdroid), whoever I am talking to hears an echo of their voice(I can't hear it). If I turn down the volume to half it disappears, but I can barely hear the person I am talking to. Don't know if it is a bug, was just wondering if any one else was having the same issue.
 
flapane
Old
#722  
flapane's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 46
Posts: 329
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Naples
Is the project dead?
Device: TMo Samsung Vibrant (1850mAh) (GPS HW fix!)
ROM: CM11nightly - Modem: KA7 - Kernel: CM kernel
My theme pics: 1 - 2 - 3
HSDPA:


Flavio's page -> www.flapane.com
 
yosup
Old
#723  
yosup's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 510
Posts: 558
Join Date: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by flapane View Post
Is the project dead?
I think everything's moving into CM9 now. The last CM7 nightly was from 2/26/12 I believe. Haven't seen any Nightlies posted for CM9 yet - though I could be mistaken.
 
creeve4
Old
#724  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 341
Posts: 1,907
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bountiful
Quote:
Originally Posted by flapane View Post
Is the project dead?
There is still this
 
buggzero
Old
#725  
buggzero's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 105
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Quote:
Originally Posted by yosup View Post
I think everything's moving into CM9 now. The last CM7 nightly was from 2/26/12 I believe. Haven't seen any Nightlies posted for CM9 yet - though I could be mistaken.
CM for Vibrant was stopped due to E911 issues, which are driver related, and until samsung provides updates (which chances are likely hell will freeze over first) the project was halted, and no plans for cm9 support were made. That was the last I heard.
 
yosup
Old
#726  
yosup's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 510
Posts: 558
Join Date: Dec 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by buggzero View Post
CM for Vibrant was stopped due to E911 issues, which are driver related, and until samsung provides updates (which chances are likely hell will freeze over first) the project was halted, and no plans for cm9 support were made. That was the last I heard.
Hmm ... I believe they figured out the E911 issue and that's why they started up the nightlies again starting with #229.

From my understanding, FaultException is now maintaining the CM dev for the Vibrant. See his comments below ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaultException View Post
It isn't. It was Genesis3 and renard that discovered the fix for E911.

Pawitp did not buy a vibrant, I volunteered to maintain CyanogenMod for the vibrant.

We should see CM9.
Also ... a tease that CM9 is coming ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaultException View Post
... A CM9 alpha for Vibrant (like already exists for Captivate, and i9000) will probably be put up later this month ...
The Following User Says Thank You to yosup For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
flapane
Old
#727  
flapane's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 46
Posts: 329
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Naples
Quote:
Originally Posted by buggzero View Post
CM for Vibrant was stopped due to E911 issues, which are driver related, and until samsung provides updates (which chances are likely hell will freeze over first) the project was halted, and no plans for cm9 support were made. That was the last I heard.
AFAIK new nightlies have been released in February just because E911 bug has been already fixed (I cannot say more, no 911 here in Italy).
Maybe they decided to concentrate on CM9 alpha builds only.
Device: TMo Samsung Vibrant (1850mAh) (GPS HW fix!)
ROM: CM11nightly - Modem: KA7 - Kernel: CM kernel
My theme pics: 1 - 2 - 3
HSDPA:


Flavio's page -> www.flapane.com
 
FaultException
Old
(Last edited by FaultException; 10th March 2012 at 02:12 AM.)
#728  
FaultException's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2,000
Posts: 1,237
Join Date: Jan 2012

 
DONATE TO ME
There's still people that think the project is dead!?

Catch up:
* CM dropped support because of E911
* E911 cause found by Genesis3 & renard
* CM support reinstated as of mid February.
* Nightlies are weird right now, they'll probably be back up eventually, but I'm not really any part of that.
* There are some new nightlies here, you should use those rather than Stable till 7.2 is put out. (Use the second to newest nightly, the newest nightly is bugged and will make your status bar FC)
* CM9 alpha has been available since February 17th.
CyanogenMod for the Vibrant:
Google+ | Issue Tracker (Nightly) | Issue Tracker (Stable) | 911 Info
Want to contribute to CM? Upload to Gerrit

My devices:
Google Galaxy Nexus, Stock 4.2.2, CWM6 Touch
Samsung Vibrant, CyanogenMod 10
HP TouchPad, CyanogenMod 10
LG Optimus T (retired), CyanogenMod 7
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FaultException For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
akfelipe
Old
#729  
akfelipe's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 14
Posts: 71
Join Date: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaultException View Post
There's still people that think the project is dead!?

Catch up:
* CM dropped support because of E911
* E911 cause found by Genesis3 & renard
* CM support reinstated as of mid February.
* Nightlies are weird right now, they'll probably be back up eventually, but I'm not really any part of that.
* There are some new nightlies here, you should use those rather than Stable till 7.2 is put out. (Use the second to newest nightly, the newest nightly is bugged and will make your status bar FC)
* CM9 alpha has been available since February 17th.

Shouldn't be a surprise that people think CM died on us.... maybe creating a new thread by say, the maintainer

especially when people started flocking to ICS roms, a new fresh CM 7 thread would be nice(a atinm like thread ). you know for us that want to stick with a stabler cm gingerbread goodie, until cm9 "matures".
 
rogerchew
Old
#730  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 268
Join Date: Aug 2010
so how is the stability now? battery life almost on par with froyo roms? went to ics, getting a lot of wakelock issues with gps still. if anyone is still running cm7, would love to hear your experiences.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes