5,597,762 Members 36,269 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Attention any needy dev....

Tip us?
 
grhand82
Old
#1  
grhand82's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Posts: 380
Join Date: May 2011
Arrow Attention any needy dev....

I have a scratched up Wildfire S that I am willing to donate for someone to figure out how to get s-off without a clip. PM if your intereseted. I'll even ship.

You MUST show proof that you are compitent to try this and not just wanting the phone. US shipping only. Anyone else out there that wants it if a dev isn't interested I'll trade it for a Best Buy gift card valued at $50 and its yours.

I am not trying to sell this (thats what the Marketplace is for...) but I don't want someone triksy just trying to grab a free phone. If you know someone who is working on this, PM and I'll see if they want it.

PM though, would really like to donate this to the "Cause."


L8r,
 
imlgl
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 117
Posts: 1,127
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Norfolk
You are best off contacting Alpharevx team and asking them if they would be willing to work on it. They are the only team dedicated to unlocking the new phones with S-on security.
 
SERGI.3210
Old
#3  
SERGI.3210's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 201
Posts: 1,126
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Campanar, Valencia
but unlock it via xtc clip in a shop is not a very big problem...
ive unlocked the WFS of my wife with 10€... in a mobile shop..
maybe im mistaken but alpharevx reussed to do it...


Sony XpEriA SP f/w: official
kernel: official...

CWM recovery x..x..x

..........
htc hd2SWAP TO ANDROID AND SENSE 3.5 F..ck yeah! thx to blue droid team

other devices: Smsng galaxy spica|htc hero gsm|htc desire HD (the great), Samsung Galaxy S II,
"OPEN SOURCE REQUIRES OPEN PEOPLE"
 
imlgl
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 117
Posts: 1,127
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Norfolk
Alpharev couldn't unlock it. So they stopped trying.
 
*se-nsei.
Old
#5  
*se-nsei.'s Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 498
Posts: 921
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: London
Quote:
Originally Posted by grhand82 View Post
I have a scratched up Wildfire S that I am willing to donate for someone to figure out how to get s-off without a clip. PM if your intereseted. I'll even ship.

You MUST show proof that you are compitent to try this and not just wanting the phone. US shipping only. Anyone else out there that wants it if a dev isn't interested I'll trade it for a Best Buy gift card valued at $50 and its yours.

I am not trying to sell this (thats what the Marketplace is for...) but I don't want someone triksy just trying to grab a free phone. If you know someone who is working on this, PM and I'll see if they want it.

PM though, would really like to donate this to the "Cause."


L8r,
If you unlock it yourself with XTC clip and then maybe donate it to an established developer on this forum so they can join in the development of CM7, MIUI etc.
 
imlgl
Old
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 117
Posts: 1,127
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Norfolk
He want's to donate it locked so that someone could work on cracking the S-on issue. If this issue is sorted then the floodgates are open to everybody, not just one guy that can work on ROMS for a small amount of people.
The Following User Says Thank You to imlgl For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
*se-nsei.
Old
#7  
*se-nsei.'s Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 498
Posts: 921
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: London
Quote:
Originally Posted by imlgl View Post
He want's to donate it locked so that someone could work on cracking the S-on issue. If this issue is sorted then the floodgates are open to everybody, not just one guy that can work on ROMS for a small amount of people.
true... I guess. But if AlpharevX couldn't do it..


damn you HTCdev.
 
imlgl
Old
#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 117
Posts: 1,127
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Norfolk
Quote:
Originally Posted by *se-nsei. View Post
true... I guess. But if AlpharevX couldn't do it..


damn you HTCdev.
They barely even tried. If they really want to unlock it then they would.
 
jikantaru
Old
(Last edited by jikantaru; 12th October 2011 at 12:56 PM.)
#9  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 372
Posts: 236
Join Date: Jun 2011
Maybe HTC put a special lock on the wildfire s that hackers couldn't unlock it. Or wildfire s is a special cases phone that even devs couldn't see it like it never existed. O.o


EDIT: there fumble is that they don't have this phone that's why they do not care about it. Also ROM Manager wildfire s in not in the list.
 
shadowkay
Old
#10  
shadowkay's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 25
Posts: 325
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Chennai, India
Very sad indeed!

Sent from my Desire HD using xda premium

Nexus 4 !!
Android Rocks \m/ \m/

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Polish Your Custom Themes with Theme Debugger

Creating a custom Android theme from scratch can be quite the laborious task. In addition to … more

Clean Up Your Logcat Code with Lib Cleaner

Some of you may think that writing code is the hardest part of development. It’s not, as the … more

Tweak Your Xperia Device’s Camera App Yourself

We’ve come to expect nearly perfect cameraperformancein our modern day … more