How to Disable Data Encryption on Nexus 6

In late September, Google decided to step on NSA’s toes and turn on encryption by default in … more

DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ Review – XDA TV

The holidays will be here in no time, so why not start thinking about gifts now? Youll be ahead … more

Mozilla Ditches Google, Makes Yahoo Default Search Engine

Mozilla and Google have had a long-standing relationship of about 10 years. Google … more

Learn More About Linux with Linux Man Pages

Linux is quite a powerful and very configurable operating system. Thanks to some user-friendly … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Droid2(A955) Motherboard in Droid1(A855)

OP PS4AndroidHacker

1st January 2012, 05:45 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 1

18 posts
Got my droid 2 global the other day just got to figure out how to sim unlock it

Sent from my Milestone using XDA App
10th January 2012, 10:43 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 1

18 posts
it seams that putting a droid 2 global motherboard in a milestone will not work. every time i try to turn on the milestone only the soft keys light up and nothing else happens. i also tried the opposite to see if i put something together wrong or broke a cable and with the motherboard of the milestone in the droid 2 global i got the same problem only the soft keys light up.
28th January 2012, 09:04 PM   |  #13  
Flag Centereach
Thanks Meter: 678

4,331 posts
More
Will be doing this.

Sent from my Droid using XDA App
28th January 2012, 09:25 PM   |  #14  
Flag Centereach
Thanks Meter: 678

4,331 posts
More
But then again, say good bye to an unlocked bootloader.

Sent from my Droid using XDA App
15th February 2012, 10:21 PM   |  #15  
OP Senior Member
Flag Barberton,Ohio
Thanks Meter: 37

328 posts
Donate to Me
More
Exclamation Droid2G and Droid1 under construction!
Hey guys,I've been attending college and working and tending to my kids lately and havent checked in on this in a while. My droid 1 processor just took a crap on me yesterday and I am now undergoing the transformation of the two Droids. I am essentially using the lower half(keyboard) from my Droid 2 Global, and the upper half(the LCD Screen,and digitizer) from my Droid 1 and going to inculcate them together. I will take pics along the way as I have no way of taking video except with my HTC Hero200. God I need to buy a video camera already! Thanks for keeping up with this thread and I look forward to giving you all the info as soon as I'm done!
15th February 2012, 10:24 PM   |  #16  
OP Senior Member
Flag Barberton,Ohio
Thanks Meter: 37

328 posts
Donate to Me
More
Unlocking the Milestone or Droid 2 Global
Usually to unlock a GSM phone you can just call Verizon OR Motorola directly if your brave enough and ask them for the unlock code. I am in the military and always tell them I'm going overseas and need the unlock code so that I can take it with me. They usually don't ask a lot of questions and give me the code with no problem. Just thought I'd try to help out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwl123

Got my droid 2 global the other day just got to figure out how to sim unlock it

Sent from my Milestone using XDA App

19th May 2012, 06:07 AM   |  #17  
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
any news? i might be getting a milestone 2 wich has a backlight problem (or screen, not shure) so, im really interested on getting the m2 motherboard runnning in my m1 case.....
26th May 2012, 02:10 AM   |  #18  
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 4

35 posts
More
Doing this would effectively give you a Droid 2 in the Droid 1 housing...don't see the point?!
26th May 2012, 02:57 AM   |  #19  
Flag Winnipeg
Thanks Meter: 894

1,201 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by scbond

Doing this would effectively give you a Droid 2 in the Droid 1 housing...don't see the point?!

Unless your Droid 1 stopped working, and you bought a Droid 2 with a broken screen for cheap...
3rd June 2012, 01:29 AM   |  #20  
Flag Burzaco
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstruct2k

Unless your Droid 1 stopped working, and you bought a Droid 2 with a broken screen for cheap...

In this case use the screen of Droid 1, in Droid 2, its better the keyboard of Droid 2... but i dont know the incompatibilities..... see the V3 and V3re the display are same but the flex connect its different....

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread