FORUMS

Top Forum Discussions

[Q]Broken power button. How to boot up?

4 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By Patrickimaru, Junior Member on 11th October 2011, 09:03 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I own a Samsung Galaxy S I-9000.

During a motherboard fix, the flex cable to the power button snapped.

Now I can't start it. Because the powerbutton is gone!

Any ideas how to start it from usb (or other ways)? and remap the buttons?

Thanks
 
 
11th October 2011, 09:14 PM |#2  
Michel38280's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Villette d'Anthon
Thanks Meter: 91
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrickimaru


Any ideas how to start it from usb (or other ways)?

Home button ?
11th October 2011, 09:18 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michel38280

Home button ?

If I press the home button, it still does... nothing...
12th October 2011, 07:44 PM |#4  
whlzibos's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag london
Thanks Meter: 46
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrickimaru

I own a Samsung Galaxy S I-9000.

During a motherboard fix, the flex cable to the power button snapped.

Now I can't start it. Because the powerbutton is gone!

Any ideas how to start it from usb (or other ways)? and remap the buttons?

Thanks

there is program called android master which has options for rebooting in to download, recovery or normal i think you should try it .

tell me if it works

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1273416
12th October 2011, 09:14 PM |#5  
hms666's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrickimaru

I own a Samsung Galaxy S I-9000.

Any ideas how to start it from usb (or other ways)? and remap the buttons?

Thanks

If it doesn't power-up with plain usb connected, I think deskdock craadle will turn power on. See http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=820275 for the required resistor.

For remapping i dunno.
13th October 2011, 04:56 PM |#6  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Unhappy
Quote:
Originally Posted by whlzibos

there is program called android master which has options for rebooting in to download, recovery or normal i think you should try it .

tell me if it works

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1273416

Hi.
Thanks for answers.

I tried android master, but I can't seem to get it to communicate with the device.
And when the program starts up, it says "not numberic" I have downloaded the drivers for the device (Kies) (also tried google's driver, from within android sdk)
But it still won't reboot. When I connect the device to my computer it starts charging and the computer make that (dumDUM) sound that says something got connected. Sorry for being a noob.

Thanks for the help guys, but it still won't work.

Guess I'll have to invest in the Galaxy S2
13th October 2011, 10:01 PM |#7  
Member
Thanks Meter: 10
 
More
Adb shell
14th October 2011, 01:08 AM |#8  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Cool
Quote:
Originally Posted by barvna

Adb shell

Can you be more specific?

Like ADB for dummies?
14th October 2011, 09:18 AM |#9  
hms666's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Normal USB-Cable won`t work, you need to mimick Desktop Cradle or maybe Car Dock will work too.
Build a jig, search the thread about download mode jig and change the resistor to dt Cradle version.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
galaxy s power button

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes