Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,052 Members 40,712 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Security OTA update is here....

Tip us?

wicked.igor
Old
(Last edited by wicked.igor; 12th October 2011 at 12:24 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Default Security OTA update is here....

As the title says.
ota 1.45.401.3.
Am from Serbia.recieved it 20 min ago.
The Following User Says Thank You to wicked.igor For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bgoedhart
Old
(Last edited by bgoedhart; 12th October 2011 at 12:50 PM.) Reason: question added
Thanks Meter 3
I receive the update but the installation takes ages. Is this normal? No progressbar as well.

Is it normal to get a white triangle with an orange exclamation mark on the screen during this update?

Can someone please tell what is happening during the update?? Is the above good or not?

TheStigx
Old
Thanks Meter 35
I can't check strangely. Keep saying "checking"

Sneiper
Old
(Last edited by Sneiper; 12th October 2011 at 12:48 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Does anyone know what this update does?

Can't find a changelog anywhere. Just installed on my device, manual search did the trick.

Is this update supposed to fix the power on/home button screenshot problem? Been having that problem ever since last update, and it's driving me insane.
Been deleting anything from 5-30 pictures in gallery daily. + Screen rarely even shuts down when clicking power off, mostly it just autoturns back on.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit: It does not fix any of the mentioned bugs. Just had both happen within the first 5 minutes of applying update. Think I need to RMA my phone >.<

lexorcist
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneiper View Post
Does anyone know what this update does?

Can't find a changelog anywhere. Just installed on my device, manual search did the trick.

Is this update supposed to fix the power on/home button screenshot problem? Been having that problem ever since last update, and it's driving me insane.
Been deleting anything from 5-30 pictures in gallery daily. + Screen rarely even shuts down when clicking power off, mostly it just autoturns back on.
It's a security update

TheStigx
Old
Thanks Meter 35
Mine is still stuck. It is still checking if there is a update,and i can see at the icon that it isn't connecting :'(

Sneiper
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStigx View Post
Mine is still stuck. It is still checking if there is a update,and i can see at the icon that it isn't connecting :'(
Tried turning on and off 3G/2G data connection? Your phone might have lost contact with the data service from your provider.

---------- Post added at 12:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgoedhart View Post
I receive the update but the installation takes ages. Is this normal? No progressbar as well.

Is it normal to get a white triangle with an orange exclamation mark on the screen during this update?

Can someone please tell what is happening during the update?? Is the above good or not?

Pretty sure this is not normal. Seen that once on a Galaxy S II. Ended up returning it to a servicepoint.

TheStigx
Old
Thanks Meter 35
I tried i few times, but still it ain't working :'(

bgoedhart
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I have ClockWork Recovery on it, which seems to be the problem. I now put the stock recovery back on it and the update works fine.

TheStigx
Old
Thanks Meter 35
How did you do that?