[Case][Review]: Quick review for TPU Case from TPU-Cases Matte Black
Hi all, I know there aren't too many ATT specific cases out there yet, but I did want to do a quick review of the one that I ordered from TPU-cases (I got mine off ebay, but they have a regular site as well).
The one specifically I got was the Matte Back Black Flexible TPU Case.
Overall, the case quality is solid -- compared to other TPU cases I've had in the past. It's solid enough to provide basic protection, but not too flexible (like silicon) that you have to worry about it stretching and losing its shape over time.
I opted for the matte black version, but I believe that there are other types to whatever fits your fancy. (I think the matte was/is so popular, it may be out of stock).
The other nice thing is that they throw in a free screen protector. It's a decent clear one (not anti-glare), which is my preference. It's not on par of the quality of let's say a Realook or a SGP, but for free, who's going to complain?
So on to the case review...
1. I've attached a few photos to show the overall fit of the case. It fits well, and doesn't add much thickness to the case at all (which is a huge plus for me).
2. There is a little bit of a "lip" on the front, so it you do place your phone face down on a table, it leaves enough gap to protect the screen (as opposed to laying completely flat).
3. There is a decent size cut out for the power button, but the volume rockers are actually covered. However, no functionality loss on the power buttons -- in fact I think they may actually make it easier to use.
4. There is a cutout for where a lanyard hole should be -- (aka the international version), but no biggie here.
5. On the bottom, standard cutouts for the microusb port and the primary mic.
6. For the back, nice cutouts for the camera and the speaker on the lower right.
Now for the million $$$ question -- is the top aligned correctly for the secondary noise cancellation mic???
Fortunately the answer is YES
! I believe this case was originally made for the international version (evidence from the lanyard hole), but the designer -- either in a stroke of pure genius and foresight (or just plain laziness) made the top cutout for the mic large enough where it does not cover the off-center version of our mic. So it looks like it could accommodate either the international or ATT version of the SGSII. I've tried to get a close up of the top so that you can see what I am talking about.
Overall -- for a shade under $9 USD for a nice looking/fitting case and a screen protector - I would say it's a great deal.
As I mentioned earlier, unfortunately it looks like the matte version is out of stock, but the other versions should be just as good.
(main site) or you can check ebay under the seller "TPU-cases" -- http://goo.gl/kNzh1
UPDATE: I didn't realize they also have an Amazon storefront, so it's available from several sources: http://goo.gl/ltQnW