Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,165 Members 43,946 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[APP][1.6+] AppExtractor v1.5.4 - ROM Manager Companion

Tip us?
 
awjones
Old
(Last edited by awjones; 19th December 2011 at 01:30 AM.) Reason: New APK
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 78
Posts: 75
Join Date: Sep 2010
Smile [APP][1.6+] AppExtractor v1.5.4 - ROM Manager Companion

I've been working on an app called AppExtractor. It's meant to be a companion app to ROM Manager in that it allows you to restore individual apps, data, SMS / MMS messages, Contacts / Call Logs, and Wifi Settings from your ROM Manager backups.

AppExtractor is compatible with backups created by ClockworkMod Recovery 5 as well as previous versions of CWM Recovery.

If you are interested, you can find it on the Market here: https://market.android.com/details?i...y.appextractor

For those who cannot install from the Market, I have included the APK in this post.

Please let me know what you think!

Screenshots:




Attached Files
File Type: apk AppExtractor.apk - [Click for QR Code] (299.4 KB, 2694 views)
The Following 53 Users Say Thank You to awjones For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
starbase64
Old
#2  
starbase64's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 504
Posts: 2,925
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Lennestadt

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by awjones View Post
AppExtractor is compatible with backups created by ClockworkMod Recovery 5 as well as previous versions of CWM Recovery.
Hi,

what does mean?

with friendly greet

starbase64
Starbase64 YouTube Channel | Stabase64 Blog | Starbase64 Flickr Stream


Device: HTC One m8ul
ROM: InsertCoin
Kernel: Stock is the best
S-OFF: Yes
SuperCID: Yes
MID: 0P6B10000
PVS: 1

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7''
ROM: CM 10.2
Kernel: stock
Recovery: TWRP
Baseband: stock
 
awjones
Old
#3  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 78
Posts: 75
Join Date: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by starbase64 View Post
Hi,

what does mean?

with friendly greet

starbase64
The backup file format recently changed. Previously, the backup files were ".img" extension (YAFFS) and with the newer versions of CWM Recovery, backups are saved as ".ext3.tar" extension.
 
Paparasee
Old
#4  
Paparasee's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 160
Posts: 949
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Kuwait

 
DONATE TO ME
I really hope this was what I've been looking for so long!

Does your original post mean that some kind of output from your app can be used to flash back programs and their settings from the CWM?

If yes, I'd like to make a request.

More often than not, the apks are updated, but the settings are generally the same. Is it possible to give an option to just restore the settings of the selected apps only without restoring the apps? I saw that this is possible through your program ... want to know if its possible through the CWM.

Thanks

---------- Post added at 09:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 AM ----------

Ok, so I got it from the market and now I understand a bit more. The idea is great. However, although it appears to be free, it is not. The user has to pay for SMS/MMS. The user is limited to restoring just 5 apps.

Fine, so, its limited! Maybe you should rename it as "lite" as otherwise it could be misleading.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Paparasee For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Stilleh
Old
#5  
Stilleh's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 76
Posts: 292
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Frövi
Wanted to try this, mainly for sms/mms retrieval from old backups (went from sense rom to miui and sms/mms weren't carried over...

I can't seem to buy it from market either. Says an error occured?
Samsung S4 I9505 - Omega v.23 stock kernel
 
awjones
Old
#6  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 78
Posts: 75
Join Date: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by starbase64 View Post
Hi,

what does mean?

with friendly greet

starbase64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paparasee View Post
I really hope this was what I've been looking for so long!

Does your original post mean that some kind of output from your app can be used to flash back programs and their settings from the CWM?

If yes, I'd like to make a request.

More often than not, the apks are updated, but the settings are generally the same. Is it possible to give an option to just restore the settings of the selected apps only without restoring the apps? I saw that this is possible through your program ... want to know if its possible through the CWM.

Thanks

---------- Post added at 09:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 AM ----------

Ok, so I got it from the market and now I understand a bit more. The idea is great. However, although it appears to be free, it is not. The user has to pay for SMS/MMS. The user is limited to restoring just 5 apps.

Fine, so, its limited! Maybe you should rename it as "lite" as otherwise it could be misleading.
Thanks for the suggestion! I may consider renaming it so there is a lite / pro version. My intention isn't to make it confusing for anyone.
 
awjones
Old
#7  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 78
Posts: 75
Join Date: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stilleh View Post
Wanted to try this, mainly for sms/mms retrieval from old backups (went from sense rom to miui and sms/mms weren't carried over...

I can't seem to buy it from market either. Says an error occured?
Are you still having issues downloading from the Market? It's definitely up there and supports all 1.6+ devices.
 
Stilleh
Old
#8  
Stilleh's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 76
Posts: 292
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Frövi
Yupp´, same error. An error occured. Please try again.

Using market 3.2.0 and have tried wiping market data and cache
Samsung S4 I9505 - Omega v.23 stock kernel
 
Paparasee
Old
#9  
Paparasee's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 160
Posts: 949
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Kuwait

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by awjones View Post
Are you still having issues downloading from the Market? It's definitely up there and supports all 1.6+ devices.
Hi Jones,
Would it be possible for you to include an option to for eg. extract from the rom image the settings or the apk or both (as chosen by the user) and recompile it into a new image (only the setting or only apk or both)?
 
awjones
Old
#10  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 78
Posts: 75
Join Date: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paparasee View Post
Hi Jones,
Would it be possible for you to include an option to for eg. extract from the rom image the settings or the apk or both (as chosen by the user) and recompile it into a new image (only the setting or only apk or both)?
Hmm...I'll have to look into that!

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes