Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,893 Members 42,591 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] failed to boot 2 starting rsd mode. Need help

Tip us?

noob_2010
Old
(Last edited by noob_2010; 12th October 2011 at 09:08 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Question [Q] failed to boot 2 starting rsd mode. Need help

I googled everywhere and the same problem comes up for the Axtrix 4g. Says something about use SBF to flash a stock rom. how do you do this for the Photon??? Can someone list the step? thanks

what happened? homebasephoton1.5 rom. I tried to install it but after I reboot I got failed to boot message........

mrinehart93
Old
Thanks Meter 299

DONATE TO ME
It just means that the phone is unable to boot and is starting the fail-safe RSD mode... basically allowing you to use RSD Lite to flash a new SBF (basically phone image) to the phone to restore it. Are you rooted/unlocked?
Want news/reviews/tutorials on technology? Visit my website http://www.techneektv.com
CyanogenMod for the Moto Photon 4G
My GitHub: GitHub

noob_2010
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrinehart93 View Post
It just means that the phone is unable to boot and is starting the fail-safe RSD mode... basically allowing you to use RSD Lite to flash a new SBF (basically phone image) to the phone to restore it. Are you rooted/unlocked?
I think so i used MotorolaOneClic_oot_psouza4.zip method to root my phone. Later installed root applications like Wifi Tether... Unlocked? umm Not sure I guess so. I recently installed the Alien1 custom rom. so probably.

killhr
Old
Thanks Meter 23

DONATE TO ME
mines is saying Failed to boot 4 Starting rsd mode its been there for at least 1 hour am i bricked or can it be fixed
Samsung SG3

daniel129001
Old
Thanks Meter 17
retry flash the sbf file, the unlocked bootloader is a semi-brick, retry flash sbf file complete for restore phone stock build

noob_2010
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel129001 View Post
retry flash the sbf file, the unlocked bootloader is a semi-brick, retry flash sbf file complete for restore phone stock build
hey can you give me the SBF file to flash? I downloaded one but when i click start it says failed............so I'm currently downloading one off XDA but not sure if it will be the right one. thanks

Nickdroid86
Old
Thanks Meter 72
Did this go anywhere? I have the same issue but my phone is now dead, and when I plug it on the charger it automatically starts and goes to this screen even though I dont turn it on.

jokersax11
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 7047

DONATE TO ME
After you charge your phone(instructions in other thread) flash 154 first then newest. Make sure to charge between

Sent from my MB855 using XDA App
Like my work donate via the donate button

Nickdroid86
Old
Thanks Meter 72
Flash what? I am using this: 1FF-sunfire-user-2.3.4-4.5.1A-1_SUN-198_7-CM-release-keys-signed-Sprint-US.sbf

jokersax11
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 7047

DONATE TO ME
That's the newest, download the 154 one and flashed it after manually charging your phone. Then flash that one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickdroid86 View Post
Flash what? I am using this: 1FF-sunfire-user-2.3.4-4.5.1A-1_SUN-198_7-CM-release-keys-signed-Sprint-US.sbf

Sent from my MB855 using XDA App
Like my work donate via the donate button

Tags
brick