[GUIDE] Set Tasker to AutoReboot on Loss of Signal (LOS)
Loss of Signal (LOS) is annoying. A quick reboot gets signal back. Why wait until you notice you have LOS to reboot? You could be missing phone calls and messages. This will have your phone reboot automatically (unless you're using it), and also record a timestamp of when it happens so you can keep track of it!
All you need: Tasker!
Here is the XML file of this profile.
- Open Tasker.
- Create new profile, call it whatever (I called it 'LOS')
- First Context: State -> Variable Value
- Variable Value Name: %CELLSRV, Matches, Value = 'noservice' (no quotes)
- Hit Done -> New Task (Call it whatever)
- Add: Alert -> Vibrate (for any amount of time. I use 600ms since it'll probably be in my pocket when it happens, but I'd still like to know just in case)
- Add: Alert -> Popup (To let you know whats going down)
- Add: Task ('Tasker' for older versions) -> Wait (Give it like 30 seconds to give you time to react if you're using phone. If I don't want it to reboot, I would turn airplane mode on, or you can have it check if the screen is off)
- Add: Task -> If (%CELLSRV ~ noservice) (Checks again if its still LOS)
- Add: Task -> If (%AIR ~ off) OR Add: Task -> If (%SCREEN ~ off) (To check if you're using the phone)
- Add: File -> Write File -> File: Tasker/LOS.txt (or whatever file you want to log to), Text: %Date, %Time. Check 'Append'! Done.
- Add: Misc -> Reboot
- Test and enjoy
Alternatively, if you want to stop the task once it's started, just open tasker, edit the task, and select Killall.
NOTE: Tasker will say that there is no active profiles when you have signal. This is fine! Once you lose signal, it will run the script and then the profile will be active.
How you can test this outside of Tasker's test option is by turning on airplane mode, waiting a few seconds, and turn airplane mode off again. When airplane mode turns off, you initially have no signal until it connects, thus running the script.
Now this is all customizable to fit your needs. Some have added an option to send a text message to themselves upon getting a LOS, letting them know that way when it was. I prefer logging in a txt file, but up to you.
I just found the variable names and values here, and put them to work.
. Its just under cell service state and airplane mode status.
Hope that helps guys. I only learned how to use Tasker last night, so if you have better ideas on how to go about this, please reply.