[HP Touchpad CM7 Alpha][Guide] Android Market
There is an update out that will fix the market as well as getting facebook. Thanks to joshts0 to bring it to my attention.
"Anyone fix the many apps hidden in the market? Do we just need to modify the build.prop? What should we identify as.... guess I could just try some...
edit: Maybe if I were to look it up I would have found the answer, durr. But also, I just happened to refresh this morning, and I see 9 minutes ago there was a fix. http://code.google.com/p/cmtouchpad/issues/detail?id=65
. Is it okay to quote from there?
TS can you update the OP?
Fixed: Get update here: http://www.multiupload.com/5MKAKAKUM6
To flash in cwm.
For those who do not know how to get the google apps on the Touchpad including the market place Here is what you need to do:
Assuming you already have CM7 installed (I followed "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XDmKGmn4vs" and got the files from the Youtube description) and have it all up and running all happy:
1) Download "gapps-gb-20110828-signed.zip".
2) Be running android on your Touchpad.
3) Connect the USB to your computer and Touchpad.
4) "Turn on USB storage" on your Touchpad.
5) Copy "gapps-gb-20110828-signed.zip" to your root directory of your Touchpad.
6) Turn off "USB Storage", hold down the power the button and hit reboot, select recovery.
7) Screen should say "CMW-based Recovery v188.8.131.52. Use the volume buttons to navigate to "install zip from sdcard" (the sdcard is the memory built into the touchpad that is shared between android and webOS, NOT a REAL SD card) and press the home button on the bottom of the screen.
8) Now select "choose zip from sdcard", press home button.
9) Navigate to "gapps-gb-20110828-signed.zip" and press home.
10)Navigate to "Yes - Install gapps-gb.........zip. Should install.
11)Press power button and select "reboot system now", hit home.
Reboot into android and setup your google account. If the google account setup doesn't come up right try restating your Touchpad and see if it comes up. If nothing try to reinstall gapps again.
Sorry for being long winded but I wanted to make sure that my steps are clear.
Once you get the market place working you can get Netflix and many other app but remember that the CM7 is in Alpha. Most apps are not likely to work but some just might. Try it out.