Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,938 Members 49,355 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Android] ClockworkMod Recovery not installing

Tip us?

nemosomen
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Default [Android] ClockworkMod Recovery not installing

So, when you install the Alpha CyanogenMod 7 build, chances are ClockworkMod Recovery will fail. This tends to be because the custom overclocked kernels in WebOS take up a lot of room in the /boot partition, and ACMEInstaller does NOT (And maybe cannot) resize this partition. If you want to use ClockworkMod, you need to boot it via novacom.

1. Unzip the update-cwm_tenderloin-1012.zip file into the same directory as Novacom.
2. Make sure your TouchPad is plugged into your computer, and reboot it while holding volume up. You should see a USB icon.
3. In the command line, browse to the directory Novacom is installed in.
4. Type this into the command line prompt:
Code:
novacom boot mem:// < uImage.ClockworkMod
You should now be able to flash gapps or whatever else you need to install (Except moboot, which you need to use ACMEInstaller to install)

Novacom is probably installed in: "C:\Program Files\Palm, Inc" for most users.

To get there in the command line, type:
Code:
C:
cd "C:\Program Files\Palm, Inc\"
Then you can continue on to step 4.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nemosomen For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

27scoob
Old
(Last edited by 27scoob; 14th October 2011 at 04:55 AM.)
Thanks Meter 8
Thanks for this info , it worked great. So am I to assume if I remove overclock Kernel thenI wont have this problem and will be able to install CWM through ACme with no problems ?

Edit. Tried to uninstall F15C to no avail.

Komodo Rogue
Old
Thanks Meter 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by 27scoob View Post
Thanks for this info , it worked great. So am I to assume if I remove overclock Kernel thenI wont have this problem and will be able to install CWM through ACme with no problems ?

Edit. Tried to uninstall F15C to no avail.
I don't know, but I kinda suspect not, because I brought my touchpad back to stock and *completely* wiped my touchpad before installing CM7, and I had problems with installing CWM through ACME. I don't understand the inner workings, but that seems like it may answer your question?

OP: Thanks!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Komodo Rogue For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

27scoob
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Reckon I will be tied to a cord when it comes to CWM ....

scifan
Old
Thanks Meter 173
The oc kernels get written to the main boot partition... I'm unsure which, but one of the oc kernel's can consume too much space, not leaving enough room to flash cwm... try booting into webos and removing your oc kernels... and try again... you don't have to flash the entire thing... you can just flash the cwm with the acme installer...

melvinquinones
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default thanks!

I am in the CWM-based Recovery v5.0.2.6 but nothing works, not even the reboot option... any option i select does nothing.

any ideas?

Propergood
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Hold home and power, go back to USB download, start ACME install process from step one. If you follow instructions exactly, it should all work. There are occasions where you need to do the same thing twice... but your patience will pay off.

27scoob
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Yeah I tried to remove the F15C overclock kernel and do just that with the installer . No dice , can't remove the OC kernel go to remove it and reboot to replace and it just reboots into F15C then in Preware go to put the stock kernel on goes through shows install asks for restart and just boots F15C back again .. I have also tried to just flash the CWM zip afew times throught the installer and get the error half way through about there not being enough available space..ugh..

Propergood
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Try installing one of the smaller oc kernels through preware? If not, crack out the webOS doctor..

melvinquinones
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default WebOS Doctor

Tried several times, but the recovery boot did not respond, i see the menu options, backup/restore, reboot, install from ZIP, etc... but when I select the options they didnt do anything...

After several tries I decided, let me start all over so I installed webos doctor. Unfortunately I cannot share the link here..

Unfortunately after I ran it and finally clicked DONE, my touchpad wont boot, has a battery icon with a question mark inside. (The battery level should be at least 25% before you run WebOS Doctor). I left it charging for at least an hour but still on the same status, so I assume it got bricked when running the webos doctor. If the battery just went bad at the same time it would be a big coincidence.

There is a chat support which seems to be pretty good. DO NOT TELL THEM that you were trying to install Android, I assume you all know that lol..

portal dot webos dot com (Sorry, couldnt share the link here)

If battery doesnt work in an hour or 2, then I may have to send it back to repair...