Development is frozen.
Thank you all for your help in debug and for your thanksful posts.
It is possible that I will return to development of this project, but this is unpredictable for now.
Thanks to all of You!
If someone wants to continue development of this camera or to port any other camera he could see source code and changes I've made here:.
HTC Amaze 4G camera app is amazing.
(for example, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9AmViR_twM)
app: HTC Camera application
base: HTC Amaze 4G camera app
platform: HTC EVO 3D (GSM & CDMA)
how to install:
1) for non-rooted phone install apk
2) for rooted phone flash zip file via recovery or just install apk
programmer: Igor Bezkrovny
source code: https://github.com/igorbezkrovny/and...a_from_amaze4g
I have created poll for two questions: camera name for flashable zip & photo file naming convention. Also you can suggest something (last question in the poll).
Please answer to questions only once.
PLEASE ANSWER TO POLL. THX
* In order to access the custom image parameters you have to set the scene mode to manual. Then and only then will the white balance, contrast, brightness, sharpness, etc. be available to you.
1. 3D resolution changed to 2048x1152
2. iso 1250 (realy it seems like iso 450-500)
3. long touch makes photo
4. Jpeg quality set to 100%
0. Some EVO 3D has smaller second camera sensor! Try 2048x1152 version first and if it crashes in 3D mode, use 1920x1080 version
1. BurstShot and SmartShot disabled - it seems we need updated kernel with ZERO SHUTTER LAG driver included. So, if HTC doesn't give even kernel src for us we have only choice to wait for new stock kernel with ZSL driver.
2. Face/Blinks detections doesn't work in 3D
3. Disabled Panorama and Portrait scenes when in 3D.
4. CDMA issue: it seems that for most cdma phones Panorama stucks in 2D
5. Codec MPEG can't be used with bitrate higher than 12 mbps. Codec H264 can be used with any bitrate.
0.11 (GSM&CDMA 2048x1152 in 3D) Flashable zip
0.11 (GSM&CDMA 1920x1080 in 3D) Flashable zip
0.11 (GSM&CDMA 2048x1152 in 3D) standalone apk
0.11 (GSM&CDMA 1920x1080 in 3D) standalone apk
1. Codec H264 is automaticaly used for 3D video recording.
2. Flash is always turned ON if flash mode is "ON" (when taking picture). It is very useful to see what you are shooting when taking picture in low light conditions.
0.10 (GSM&CDMA 2048x1152 in 3D) Flashable zip
0.10 (GSM&CDMA 1920x1080 in 3D) Flashable zip
0.10 (GSM&CDMA 2048x1152 in 3D) standalone apk
0.10 (GSM&CDMA 1920x1080 in 3D) standalone apk
* You should select "H264" codec to record video in 3D. Codec h264 will be autoselected for 3D in next version
1. Added option to set 50HZ/60HZ antibanding.
2. Removed video format selection. It doesn't needed! 3GP and MP4 are just a containers. Video encoding bitrate is the only important to reduce file size.
3. Added codec selection (H264/MPEG)
4. Enabled video encoding bitrate selection for 720p and 540p
5. Added more bitrate choices.
0.09 - removed because it always saves video into 3GP container
1. 3GP/MP4 video format selection
2. Added Camera version to Tutorial title
3. Universal flash script rewritten
4. Added autobuilder to sources in git
0.08 (GSM 2048x1152 in 3D)
0.08 (GSM 1920x1080 in 3D)
0.08 (CDMA 2048x1152 in 3D)
0.08 (CDMA 1920x1080 in 3D)
1. Preview after capture -> Share ->"Midnight" button changed to "More..."
2. Install script fixed
0.08 with video 1920x1080 recording. DEV VERSION. Tweaks in KERNEL, media_profiles.xml & possibly in libxxxxxxx.so needed
1. test HTCCamera.apk that is configured to record 1920x1080 video, but it doesn't work for me.
1. Fixed code to correctly disable Panorama and Portrait in 3D mode
0.06 (has issue, use 0.07)
1. Disabled Panorama and Portrait scenes when in 3D.
1. fixed FC in Video Recording
1. Gallery is now available directly from camera screen after taking Panorama (SweepShot).
1. fixed FC in 3D mode when battery is lower than 15%
2. SmartShot/BurstMode disabled (if you select it, mode will not change)
1. fixed FC in 3D, but face detection and blink detection works now in 2D!
2. Jpeg QUALITY set to 100% (was 85%)
1. Ported from version of Baadnewz & CdTDroiD link
3. Fixed FC in 3D mode by disabling for both modes face detection and blink detection.
If you found not listed issue:
1. Reboot phone
2. Install and run android application "catlog", press "menu"->"Record"
3. Launch Camera and take video till camera FC
4. "catlog"->"menu"->"stop". Log file created in /sdcard/catlog_saved_logs/
5. email me with attached log file: [underscore]iga[underscore] at mail.ru or reply with attached log file in this post. Also please specify your ROM version.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR
IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY,
FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE
AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER
LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM,
OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN
divedr made comparison of different cameras/pictures:
The dynamic range from the Amaze port is superior to the stock and modded stock cameras. The lower set of images illustrate the resolution (level of detail) from the Amaze port is better than stock or the modded stock camera from Clean ROM 2.8.