Ask a question

No registration required

Overheating issues?

OP madhad

15th October 2011, 01:17 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 25

57 posts
Anybody feel their amaze getting really really warm, almost hot? Kinda makes me not wanna use my phone a lot just because the heat might mess it up.

This happens around 15 mins of usage.
The Following User Says Thank You to madhad For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th October 2011, 01:21 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1

111 posts
More
I haven't had that issue even under heavy use like games, videos, and web.
15th October 2011, 01:52 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 3

42 posts
It may be an app or apps constantly running. Do you check your task manager often? U may have to kill some apps. Also is it charging when you use the phone? I know it gets hot quickly that way.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using xda premium
15th October 2011, 01:20 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 5

132 posts
Really depends on what's running. When you first initialize the phone it's going to get hot as it syncs and updates everything but that should pass. If you have location enabled and use the gps, it will get hot, if you use maps and the screen is on, it will get hot...just check it for whats running and delete whats unnecessary. Of course I'm waiting for the root to really delete the crapware.
15th October 2011, 02:28 PM   |  #5  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 1,670

3,047 posts
More
My amaze has been overheating it feel's like it's on fire randomly sometimes , even when im not on apps .
15th October 2011, 02:41 PM   |  #6  
Raleigh
Thanks Meter: 2

51 posts
More
Mine gets really hot too.. not quite but almost too hot to touch. It's not even plugged in when it happens and its just from playing music it charging.. no heavy usage. Hopefully it'll disappear once we get some roms with no bloatware!
15th October 2011, 04:33 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 4

44 posts
Yeah I experience overheating last night. This is by far the worst ive come accross on any phone. I may go to t mobile and look at the galaxy s2. I love this phone but too many problems for me

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using XDA App
16th October 2011, 05:00 AM   |  #8  
Flag DC by way of BK
Thanks Meter: 315

2,020 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by g_says

Yeah I experience overheating last night. This is by far the worst ive come accross on any phone. I may go to t mobile and look at the galaxy s2. I love this phone but too many problems for me

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using XDA App

I can honestly say that there is no overheating issue with the GS2. I even have this phone plugged into the charger while browsing the internet and the phone is not overheating.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium
16th October 2011, 05:06 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 3

42 posts
Quote:

I can honestly say that there is no overheating issue with the GS2. I even have this phone plugged into the charger while browsing the internet and the phone is not overheating.

Thats exactly what i experienced using my amaze. Charging and using it i have no overheating issues. I guess its just the luck of the draw with these two phones. No phone is perfect though and i think both these devices have great features and potential.

16th October 2011, 05:23 AM   |  #10  
Flag DC by way of BK
Thanks Meter: 315

2,020 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by reggiedls

Thats exactly what i experienced using my amaze. Charging and using it i have no overheating issues. I guess its just the luck of the draw with these two phones. No phone is perfect though and i think both these devices have great features and potential.

Yeah, both phones are great. Its just with finding the right fit for you. I chose GS2 because I figured we would have a larger dev community, its lighter because of its plastic design and Super Amoled+. The downside of this phone is its resolution, but I don't notice it that much for it to be a big con. I heard some people actually rather the hefty-ness of the Amaze. I'm not gonna lie I love the design quality of it. HTC is always known for gorgeous designs.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread