SGP Neo Hybrid case for ATT version GS2 available in 2 weeks

Search This thread

Tdiliplane

Sep 4, 2011
well I got my case last night and was psyched to get it on my galaxy. It came with a screen protector (100x better than the moshi , no grainy display) I'm a little disappointed with the cheap feeling of the case it looks great but I feel if I drop it, it would most certainly smash. another thing that bothers me is the cut out for the noise canceling mic, its in the wrong place and I just can't grasp why they would make this product knowing there was a flaw. Other than that im pretty happy with the purchase. Now ive just read that the silicon case starts to sag around the camera ill be back in a wk or so to update.

jiggiep

Oct 29, 2011
It's released today... and as I mentioned before, they did not revise the case, only giving you the correct screen protector.

Totally lame! Got an email from them:

Our AT&T Galaxy S2 cases are same cases as International Galaxy S2.
We just changed the screen protector inside the packaging to AT&T screen protector.

Our company actually didn’t had plan to make cases for AT&T Galaxy S2, but since the size is similar and customers had high demand, we decided to sell it as AT&T cases.
Noise Cancelling Mic will not fit perfectly, and there are antenna holes on the side.
Please email us if you have any other question.
Thank you.

SGP Customer Service

SeanHacker

Sep 7, 2010
Portland, Oregon
well I got my case last night and was psyched to get it on my galaxy. It came with a screen protector (100x better than the moshi , no grainy display) I'm a little disappointed with the cheap feeling of the case it looks great but I feel if I drop it, it would most certainly smash. another thing that bothers me is the cut out for the noise canceling mic, its in the wrong place and I just can't grasp why they would make this product knowing there was a flaw. Other than that im pretty happy with the purchase. Now ive just read that the silicon case starts to sag around the camera ill be back in a wk or so to update.

The noise cancellation mic cut out is in the right spot (for the euro version). So they didn't make the product knowing that there is a flaw. The only reason they started selling them for the att version is because of all the att version owners were begging them. The hole can easily be made with a hot nail as per the pics I posted in this thread a little while back. I've had my cases for over a month now and no sagging whatsoever.

SirAnkie

Oct 13, 2011
The noise cancellation mic cut out is in the right spot (for the euro version). So they didn't make the product knowing that there is a flaw. The only reason they started selling them for the att version is because of all the att version owners were begging them. The hole can easily be made with a hot nail as per the pics I posted in this thread a little while back. I've had my cases for over a month now and no sagging whatsoever.
I tried the hot nail method and it just didn't seem to work for me, maybe I had an aluminum nail or something so it wasn't getting hot enough, so I just cut the black silicone part with a very sharp surgical knife, and then VERY CAREFULLY drilled a hole in the harder yellow plastic part of the case. Overall, I'm extremely satisfied with the case, and the hole I made looks factory perfect.

I did not however put on the screen protector, as I couldn't seem to get it only perfectly without any bubbles or dust. My hope is that the gorilla glass will hold up well over then 18+ months.

Tdiliplane

Sep 4, 2011
I tried the hot nail method and it just didn't seem to work for me, maybe I had an aluminum nail or something so it wasn't getting hot enough, so I just cut the black silicone part with a very sharp surgical knife, and then VERY CAREFULLY drilled a hole in the harder yellow plastic part of the case. Overall, I'm extremely satisfied with the case, and the hole I made looks factory perfect.

I did not however put on the screen protector, as I couldn't seem to get it only perfectly without any bubbles or dust. My hope is that the gorilla glass will hold up well over then 18+ months.

If I were you id get a screen protector, gorilla glass is not indestructible. I had my s2 for two days and already the screen has three barely noticeable scratches and a small chip in the middle of the screen. I had a screen protector and I said the same thing as you "its gorilla glass" boy was I wrong... I guess it up to you andwhat line of work you do.

seanpr123

Oct 5, 2011
South Florida
Any updates from previous reviewers?
Looking to pick one on up, but still debating between the sagging issue and the mic cover (hot nail ya ya). I'm leaning towards the EX so the sagging doesn't sound like it would affect me, but I still want the silicon to be as tight as possible so just looking for input.

tysj

Feb 8, 2010
If you look around on the i9100 forum, there are pictures of the sagging issue. I ended up just cutting the back off on my Neo hybrid to turn it into the Neo hybrid ex

seanpr123

Oct 5, 2011
South Florida
Just got my Neo Hybrid EX and love the design, but a little disappointed with how tight the case fits around the edge. Seems a little sloppy and it's pretty easy to snap off.

Is this just me (or my product), or does anybody else feel the same way?

mtucker

Oct 23, 2011
Escondido
I have had my EX version (no back) for almost two months now. I love the case. It keeps profile slim, but keeps the screen and camera off a flat surface. If it fell just wrong (face down), it is possible the case would pop off.
I used a punch for the top mic hole.

Attachments

• Neo_Hybrid_EX._on_mic_hole_drilled2.jpg
    Neo_Hybrid_EX._on_mic_hole_drilled2.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 219

dream5hift

Jul 6, 2007
Do you guys use the screen protector? I have a sgp screen on but I like it without screen protector. I've always had screen protectors on my phones. Thinking about getting one of the cases.

Edgarhighman

Dec 2, 2011
I just bought one of these: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280762066614&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123

but for 27$ i'm not sure i'd want to ruin it making a hole =/ I saw someones pic where they "punched" it.

Can you take a picture of the hot nail (or cold)? I'd do something stupid and use a rusty or old nail found around the house/garage if I don't get the jist of this.

I've ordered 3 of them and I poked a hot nail through it and it looks like it came from the factory bro. Only takes about a minute to do.

20111020131640.jpg

Last edited:

mtucker

Oct 23, 2011
Escondido
.............but for 27$ i'm not sure i'd want to ruin it making a hole =/ I saw someones pic where they "punched" it.
Can you take a picture of the hot nail (or cold)? I'd do something stupid and use a rusty or old nail found around the house/garage if I don't get the jist of this.
The nail method for making a hole looks very clean. I used a punch on mine (picture on the last post of page 5). I wouldn't buy a punch just for this, but they can be handy and start out around $20 http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_16698_16698

Silenus21

Oct 19, 2008
Just got my hybrid yesterday.

The screen protector was a mess, I have applied screen protectors before but the one that came with the case was really sticky.
The screen protector comes inside two parts. I removed the number 1, applied it on the phone screen, then removed number 2.
Problem was when I removed 2 it was very very sticky, like some on the glue stuck in there. Also it had too many bubbles.

I really wanted this screen protector to work.

Can I do something about warranty, paid 26 bucks online for this case and I'm disappointed.

I should have gotten the linear series. :(

tysj

Feb 8, 2010
Sounds like your more disappointed with the screen protector than the case. The screen protector can be removed and reapplied since it uses static to cling on. If you have bubbles, it just means there is a bit of dust on the screen, the protectors require a very clean surface for best effect. I've taken mine off, rinsed under for water for a bit to clear it of dust, given a quick shake to lightly dry, and reapplied with no problems.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using xda premium

Reactions: Silenus21

Edgarhighman

Dec 2, 2011

The screen protector was a mess, I have applied screen protectors before but the one that came with the case was really sticky.
The screen protector comes inside two parts. I removed the number 1, applied it on the phone screen, then removed number 2.
Problem was when I removed 2 it was very very sticky, like some on the glue stuck in there. Also it had too many bubbles.

Can I do something about warranty, paid 26 bucks online for this case and I'm disappointed.

#1 is the front (facing you) #2 is the back (goes on phone)

Yeah i just double checked. You put it on backwRds lol

Me too, its a $15 screen protector, very pro too, I got really frustrated this morning putting mine on, but later I realised it was my own fault, I cleaned the screen, no dust no nothing, then I used tape to clean screen and unveiled the side of the protector that goes on the screen. While I put it down I guess it collected crap in the air and made bubbles and nasty stuff, so I removed it and used tape again to clean stuff, but it got worse every time I removed 1 spec or bubble more appeared :( I was P/O.

Then I watched some lady do it on youtube, she peeled the cover off only as much as she applied it, so nothing got in/under stuck in there or on the screen, for a perfect clean flawless application. Bummer. I shoulda done it her way.

I have no bubbles or prints or smears and it looks clean, but i Know there is stuff under my protector which bothers me alot. Even though I can't see it.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA App
umm i dont have a gt-i9100, i have an i777

Last edited:
Reactions: Silenus21

Silenus21

Oct 19, 2008
Whoah guys I was going to throw mine as it didn't work the way I wanted.

Thanks a lot.

Yes seems I applied it incorrectly.
Strange because if it has a number 1, it means I have to peel that first.
Took it from my drawer and washed it and applied it.
Looks way better, have two bubbles which I'll deal with later.

Edgarhighman

Dec 2, 2011
Whoah guys I was going to throw mine as it didn't work the way I wanted.

Thanks a lot.

Yes seems I applied it incorrectly.
Strange because if it has a number 1, it means I have to peel that first.
Took it from my drawer and washed it and applied it.
Looks way better, have two bubbles which I'll deal with later.

Awesome :) I'm glad you didn't chuck it!

Edgarhighman

Dec 2, 2011
I tried the hot nail and my hole did not come out well. The plastic squirted outward from the case as I pushed the nail through to the inside, left burnt black mark and turned out as a rough square instead of circle :(

I had to use a razor to cut off the new protruding plastic (both sides of the case inner/outer) and a thin strip of fine sandpaper to get rid of the black inside the hole.

dsc01382c.jpg

polobreaka

Sep 29, 2007
Huntington Beach, CA
i had no luck using a hot nail. everytime i try to poke it through, the case just flexes. i ended up using a drill. came out ok but didnt look as nice as task''s hot nail method.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well that is disappointing that they didnt just add the hole. Oh well, I will just drill mine out. I sent them an email today giving them a piece of my mind in regards to the previous email they sent me stating they would fix that issue.

I've ordered 3 of them and I poked a hot nail through it and it looks like it came from the factory bro. Only takes about a minute to do.

20111020131640.jpg
    The Neo Hybrid Ex is more like a bumper, the Neo Hybrid is a full body case, I suppose.
    one more question, is the neo hybrid ex keep the camera off surfaces when laying down? and is it like the ip4 where they had buttons , or is it cutouts?

yes it keeps the camera face off of surfaces when you set it down. and it does have butttons, not just cutouts.

---------- Post added at 05:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:58 AM ----------

Bought it from eBay. They sell em pre heated.

lmao. perfect!

---------- Post added at 06:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:59 AM ----------

How you get a hot nail?

lol. wow. well, i heated it up with a lighter bro.
    Sounds like your more disappointed with the screen protector than the case. The screen protector can be removed and reapplied since it uses static to cling on. If you have bubbles, it just means there is a bit of dust on the screen, the protectors require a very clean surface for best effect. I've taken mine off, rinsed under for water for a bit to clear it of dust, given a quick shake to lightly dry, and reapplied with no problems.

#1 is the front (facing you) #2 is the back (goes on phone)

Yeah i just double checked. You put it on backwRds lol

Me too, its a $15 screen protector, very pro too, I got really frustrated this morning putting mine on, but later I realised it was my own fault, I cleaned the screen, no dust no nothing, then I used tape to clean screen and unveiled the side of the protector that goes on the screen. While I put it down I guess it collected crap in the air and made bubbles and nasty stuff, so I removed it and used tape again to clean stuff, but it got worse every time I removed 1 spec or bubble more appeared :( I was P/O.

Then I watched some lady do it on youtube, she peeled the cover off only as much as she applied it, so nothing got in/under stuck in there or on the screen, for a perfect clean flawless application. Bummer. I shoulda done it her way.

I have no bubbles or prints or smears and it looks clean, but i Know there is stuff under my protector which bothers me alot. Even though I can't see it.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA App
    umm i dont have a gt-i9100, i have an i777