Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,443 Members 38,803 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM/MOD][The Collective] Absolution-2/4/12-*NO LONGER UNDER DEVEOPMENT*

Tip us?

nightborne
Old
Thanks Meter 6
This is why the Android community is such an amazing community....

Loaded Cleardroid 1.1 (basically stock GB ROM) and it loaded! Immediately made a backup in 4ext recovery as a "baseline", as this proves my theory...there had to be SOMETHING, some file, that was screwing things up.

The behavior worried me at first - it went to the white HTC screen, stayed there for 2+ minutes, then went to the black HTC Quietly Brilliant screen and stayed there for 6-7 minutes before I battery pulled, did another format all except sdcard in 4ext, reloaded the same ROM, and rebooted. This time, I waited for the black screen to come up, then connected it to my PC and ran the Android SDK ddms.bat to see what was going on...and much to my surprise there were a LOT of errors and warnings, but the system processes kept kicking on one-by-one until I got the Sense lockscreen.

I've created a backup of this working rooted (mostly) stock ROM as a baseline in case this happens again - it's worth the loss of SD card real-estate to know that I can re-initialize everything.

Now that it's breathing again, let's see if I can get my original goal to work...a Collective ROM loaded properly! Updates incoming....
Device:HTC Inspire 4G
Rooted Using:Ace Hack Kit V9
Current ROM:TPGB-CM20110509
The Following User Says Thank You to nightborne For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Pick_A_Name
Old
Thanks Meter 780
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightborne View Post
This is why the Android community is such an amazing community....

Loaded Cleardroid 1.1 (basically stock GB ROM) and it loaded! Immediately made a backup in 4ext recovery as a "baseline", as this proves my theory...there had to be SOMETHING, some file, that was screwing things up.

The behavior worried me at first - it went to the white HTC screen, stayed there for 2+ minutes, then went to the black HTC Quietly Brilliant screen and stayed there for 6-7 minutes before I battery pulled, did another format all except sdcard in 4ext, reloaded the same ROM, and rebooted. This time, I waited for the black screen to come up, then connected it to my PC and ran the Android SDK ddms.bat to see what was going on...and much to my surprise there were a LOT of errors and warnings, but the system processes kept kicking on one-by-one until I got the Sense lockscreen.

I've created a backup of this working rooted (mostly) stock ROM as a baseline in case this happens again - it's worth the loss of SD card real-estate to know that I can re-initialize everything.

Now that it's breathing again, let's see if I can get my original goal to work...a Collective ROM loaded properly! Updates incoming....
Glad you're getting there. BTW I keep one nandroid on my SD card just in case and others on my pc. You can always put them back in the CWM folder if you need them.

Absolution 3.7 /Redemption A2B1

Oppo Find 7a...Sweet!!
Need Dropbox? Get it here!

nightborne
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Absolution 3.6 loaded fine, rebooting into the update of 3.7 now.

I'm so glad I didn't write this off as a bad sdcard or internal storage...

I cannot thank you enough for the help...

(plus now i can save that money for MY Note purchase, since she thinks it's too big for her hands XD)

I'll write up some concise step-by-step instructions on this entire case for you guys to illustrate what I've been through if you think it's useful for others. TBH, it was worth it to get the ROM loaded (even though it wasn't your ROM's fault to begin with, but a corrupt system file on her phone). This has gotta be one of the best ROMs out there. Well worth it.
Device:HTC Inspire 4G
Rooted Using:Ace Hack Kit V9
Current ROM:TPGB-CM20110509
The Following User Says Thank You to nightborne For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Pick_A_Name
Old
Thanks Meter 780
Quote:

(plus now i can save that money for MY Note purchase, since she thinks it's too big for her hands XD)

I'll write up some concise step-by-step instructions on this entire case for you guys to illustrate what I've been through if you think it's useful for others. TBH, it was worth it to get the ROM loaded (even though it wasn't your ROM's fault to begin with, but a corrupt system file on her phone). This has gotta be one of the best ROMs out there. Well worth it.
Really glad you got it all sorted out. Next step is Ascension! enjoy!

Absolution 3.7 /Redemption A2B1

Oppo Find 7a...Sweet!!
Need Dropbox? Get it here!

Trevino07
Old
Thanks Meter 1040

DONATE TO ME
Glad u finally got to try some of the Awesome Sauce of Absolution!!!

Sent from my Inspire 4G using Tapatalk

Entitled Like Steven
The Following User Says Thank You to Trevino07 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

scorpiopantera
Old
Thanks Meter 225
Quote:

My girlfriend just got a Note. Her first Android at that. Glad I finally got her away from that damn iPhone. Lol

Btw, she's liking it. Still learning Android. At least she got a beast to learn off of.
The Following User Says Thank You to scorpiopantera For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Johnsondr80
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 4996

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpiopantera View Post
My girlfriend just got a Note. Her first Android at that. Glad I finally got her away from that damn iPhone. Lol

Btw, she's liking it. Still learning Android. At least she got a beast to learn off of.
Keep your eyes open. We are working on a rom. SolarisPrime.

Soon after I will be doing the girlfriend theme.

i897 on ICS special edition using tapatalk.
My Current Devices: GalaxyNote And SkyRocket
If you Would Like to Make a monetary Contribution to the team for their time and energy
Never Required But Greatly Appreciated
The Following User Says Thank You to Johnsondr80 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cwhitney24
Old
Recognized Themer / Contributor
Thanks Meter 4566

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnsondr80 View Post

I got your 10 char right here

Rocking Abso bacon...ics style
The Following User Says Thank You to cwhitney24 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

P00t
Old
Thanks Meter 609
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnsondr80 View Post

new update for absolution coming up. Sweet sweet sweet!

Sent from my Inspire 4G using XDA App
Main Phone: LG Nexus 4
---------------------------------------------------
Test Phone: HTC Inspire 4G
Main Tablet: ASUS Transformer Book T100
Test Tablet: ASUS Eee Pad Transformer 101

flappjaxxx
Old
Thanks Meter 11316

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by P00t View Post
new update for absolution coming up. Sweet sweet sweet!

Sent from my Inspire 4G using XDA App
Absolution 3.7 was for now the last version of Absolution. Absolution ICS is now Ascension. Check it out.

Sent from A VAN DOWN BY THE RIVER! In my beloved velvet leisure suit...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to flappjaxxx For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
bees knees, bomb rom, soul train
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe