Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,559 Members 40,936 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Absolution Q&A

Tip us?
 
flappjaxxx
Old
#2051  
flappjaxxx's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 11,360
Posts: 2,631
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Somewhere, FL

 
DONATE TO ME
also for those running the alpha I just added a BFS version of the kernel in the OTA

Sent from A VAN DOWN BY THE RIVER! In my beloved velvet leisure suit...
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to flappjaxxx For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
MMM-BACONSTRIPS
Old
#2052  
MMM-BACONSTRIPS's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1,084
Posts: 858
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Philadelphia
Quote:
Originally Posted by rasroygbiv View Post
That said, I wouldn't restore, I would update...

Absolution saved my phone, Reggae soothes my soul
done and done sir. The exchange worked for me the first time and then FCed when I toggled between my email accounts. Not a huge issue since I hate my work email anyway and it gives me an excuse not to answer my bosses
Samsung Galaxy 4
I change my ROMs more than my underwear.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MMM-BACONSTRIPS For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
jscass2000
Old
(Last edited by jscass2000; 17th February 2012 at 04:53 PM.)
#2053  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 19
Join Date: Sep 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM-BACONSTRIPS View Post
done and done sir. The exchange worked for me the first time and then FCed when I toggled between my email accounts. Not a huge issue since I hate my work email anyway and it gives me an excuse not to answer my bosses
What version of Exchange? I'm of 2010 SP1; wondering if it could be particular versions that have issues (or more issues) compared to others.

Oh, and thank you for testing.
 
Reinaldo33897
Old
#2054  
Reinaldo33897's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 499
Posts: 1,159
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Atlanta
Need some help here from a Dev. Is there a way I can unzip this rom and swap the clicking sound on it to the beeping sound the zues rom has. I know I asked it before but got no answer.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using xda premium
PHONE: AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 (MDL)
ROM: Goldeneye V34
Baseband : NC1
 
Pick_A_Name
Old
#2055  
Pick_A_Name's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 780
Posts: 841
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Dallas, TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinaldo33897 View Post
Need some help here from a Dev. Is there a way I can unzip this rom and swap the clicking sound on it to the beeping sound the zues rom has. I know I asked it before but got no answer.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using xda premium
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1125083

This is a program you can use. But yes you can unzip the ROM and change out the sounds. Sorry we missed the original question.

Oppo Find 7a...Sweet!!
Need Dropbox? Get it here!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Pick_A_Name For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Reinaldo33897
Old
#2056  
Reinaldo33897's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 499
Posts: 1,159
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Atlanta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pick_A_Name View Post
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1125083

This is a program you can use. But yes you can unzip the ROM and change out the sounds. Sorry we missed the original question.
AWESOME!!! Thank you very much.
PHONE: AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 (MDL)
ROM: Goldeneye V34
Baseband : NC1
The Following User Says Thank You to Reinaldo33897 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
oFUNGUSo
Old
#2057  
oFUNGUSo's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 18
Posts: 513
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: round rock TX
So.......is lagfree supposed to be Tue best governer for smoothness or no? Mainly I'm just trying to get adw launcher to scroll as smoothly as possible. What's everyone's take on the best way to set up for smoothness of launcher? Overclock make a difference? Avoid undervoltng? Just curious. Regular awd included is pretty smooth but the paid.version is allways less smooth for me......though it has options I want access to

Sent from my Inspire 4G using xda premium
HTC One X //// Nexus 7
 
reade0871
Old
#2058  
reade0871's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 56
Posts: 174
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: New Jersey
Hey folks. I wanted to see if anyone else had this problem. I am running 3.7 Absolution. When I flash the AbsolutionACE-v0.1.5-BFS kernel (because BFS is the only kernel that allows my stock music app to run smoothly without any skips) no one that I call or calls me can hear me when I speak although I can hear them just fine. I know it is not a mic issue because if I flash the CFS version of the kernel it works fine. I even reflashed from scratch doing a full wipe. As soon as I flash the BFS kernel the problem occurs. I even redownloaded the kernel and the ROM to ensure that no data integrity issues are causing the issue. I can duplicate this every time. The reason I hadn't picked up on this behavior sooner is because I very rarely use my phone for calling or receiving calls (yeah go figure). Any ideas as to why the CFS kernel and BFS kernel would be different in that regard? Thanks in advance.
 
dude6595
Old
#2059  
dude6595's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 223
Posts: 644
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Karnes City, Tx
Quote:
Originally Posted by reade0871 View Post
Hey folks. I wanted to see if anyone else had this problem. I am running 3.7 Absolution. When I flash the AbsolutionACE-v0.1.5-BFS kernel (because BFS is the only kernel that allows my stock music app to run smoothly without any skips) no one that I call or calls me can hear me when I speak although I can hear them just fine. I know it is not a mic issue because if I flash the CFS version of the kernel it works fine. I even reflashed from scratch doing a full wipe. As soon as I flash the BFS kernel the problem occurs. I even redownloaded the kernel and the ROM to ensure that no data integrity issues are causing the issue. I can duplicate this every time. The reason I hadn't picked up on this behavior sooner is because I very rarely use my phone for calling or receiving calls (yeah go figure). Any ideas as to why the CFS kernel and BFS kernel would be different in that regard? Thanks in advance.
Why don't you try Ascension? Bfs is "stock" with it

Sent from my Inspire 4G using Tapatalk
Nexus 4
Samsung Galaxy Note II (N7100)
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (N8013)
The Following User Says Thank You to dude6595 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
reade0871
Old
#2060  
reade0871's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 56
Posts: 174
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by dude6595 View Post
Why don't you try Ascension? Bfs is "stock" with it

Sent from my Inspire 4G using Tapatalk
Played with both but keep coming back to GB as my daily for now.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using XDA App

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes