Absolution Q&A

OP gio22

17th February 2012, 03:48 AM   |  #2051  
Flag Somewhere, FL
Thanks Meter: 11,474

2,696 posts
Donate to Me
More
also for those running the alpha I just added a BFS version of the kernel in the OTA

Sent from A VAN DOWN BY THE RIVER! In my beloved velvet leisure suit...
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to flappjaxxx For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th February 2012, 04:02 PM   |  #2052  
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 1,084

859 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rasroygbiv

That said, I wouldn't restore, I would update...

Absolution saved my phone, Reggae soothes my soul

done and done sir. The exchange worked for me the first time and then FCed when I toggled between my email accounts. Not a huge issue since I hate my work email anyway and it gives me an excuse not to answer my bosses
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MMM-BACONSTRIPS For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th February 2012, 05:49 PM   |  #2053  
Thanks Meter: 0

19 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM-BACONSTRIPS

done and done sir. The exchange worked for me the first time and then FCed when I toggled between my email accounts. Not a huge issue since I hate my work email anyway and it gives me an excuse not to answer my bosses

What version of Exchange? I'm of 2010 SP1; wondering if it could be particular versions that have issues (or more issues) compared to others.

Oh, and thank you for testing.
Last edited by jscass2000; 17th February 2012 at 05:53 PM.
26th February 2012, 06:41 AM   |  #2054  
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 516

1,194 posts
More
Need some help here from a Dev. Is there a way I can unzip this rom and swap the clicking sound on it to the beeping sound the zues rom has. I know I asked it before but got no answer.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using xda premium
26th February 2012, 06:54 AM   |  #2055  
Flag Dallas, TX
Thanks Meter: 785

855 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinaldo33897

Need some help here from a Dev. Is there a way I can unzip this rom and swap the clicking sound on it to the beeping sound the zues rom has. I know I asked it before but got no answer.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1125083

This is a program you can use. But yes you can unzip the ROM and change out the sounds. Sorry we missed the original question.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Pick_A_Name For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th February 2012, 01:44 PM   |  #2056  
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 516

1,194 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pick_A_Name

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1125083

This is a program you can use. But yes you can unzip the ROM and change out the sounds. Sorry we missed the original question.

AWESOME!!! Thank you very much.
The Following User Says Thank You to Reinaldo33897 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th February 2012, 09:52 PM   |  #2057  
Flag round rock TX
Thanks Meter: 18

513 posts
More
So.......is lagfree supposed to be Tue best governer for smoothness or no? Mainly I'm just trying to get adw launcher to scroll as smoothly as possible. What's everyone's take on the best way to set up for smoothness of launcher? Overclock make a difference? Avoid undervoltng? Just curious. Regular awd included is pretty smooth but the paid.version is allways less smooth for me......though it has options I want access to

27th February 2012, 09:34 PM   |  #2058  
Flag New Jersey
Thanks Meter: 57

175 posts
More
Hey folks. I wanted to see if anyone else had this problem. I am running 3.7 Absolution. When I flash the AbsolutionACE-v0.1.5-BFS kernel (because BFS is the only kernel that allows my stock music app to run smoothly without any skips) no one that I call or calls me can hear me when I speak although I can hear them just fine. I know it is not a mic issue because if I flash the CFS version of the kernel it works fine. I even reflashed from scratch doing a full wipe. As soon as I flash the BFS kernel the problem occurs. I even redownloaded the kernel and the ROM to ensure that no data integrity issues are causing the issue. I can duplicate this every time. The reason I hadn't picked up on this behavior sooner is because I very rarely use my phone for calling or receiving calls (yeah go figure). Any ideas as to why the CFS kernel and BFS kernel would be different in that regard? Thanks in advance.
27th February 2012, 11:20 PM   |  #2059  
Flag Texas
Thanks Meter: 238

679 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by reade0871

Hey folks. I wanted to see if anyone else had this problem. I am running 3.7 Absolution. When I flash the AbsolutionACE-v0.1.5-BFS kernel (because BFS is the only kernel that allows my stock music app to run smoothly without any skips) no one that I call or calls me can hear me when I speak although I can hear them just fine. I know it is not a mic issue because if I flash the CFS version of the kernel it works fine. I even reflashed from scratch doing a full wipe. As soon as I flash the BFS kernel the problem occurs. I even redownloaded the kernel and the ROM to ensure that no data integrity issues are causing the issue. I can duplicate this every time. The reason I hadn't picked up on this behavior sooner is because I very rarely use my phone for calling or receiving calls (yeah go figure). Any ideas as to why the CFS kernel and BFS kernel would be different in that regard? Thanks in advance.

Why don't you try Ascension? Bfs is "stock" with it

Sent from my Inspire 4G using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to dude6595 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th February 2012, 11:34 PM   |  #2060  
Flag New Jersey
Thanks Meter: 57

175 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dude6595

Why don't you try Ascension? Bfs is "stock" with it

Sent from my Inspire 4G using Tapatalk

Played with both but keep coming back to GB as my daily for now.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using XDA App

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread