Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,559 Members 40,936 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Absolution Q&A

Tip us?

flappjaxxx
Old
Thanks Meter 11,360

DONATE TO ME
also for those running the alpha I just added a BFS version of the kernel in the OTA

Sent from A VAN DOWN BY THE RIVER! In my beloved velvet leisure suit...
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to flappjaxxx For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MMM-BACONSTRIPS
Old
Thanks Meter 1,084
Quote:
Originally Posted by rasroygbiv View Post
That said, I wouldn't restore, I would update...

Absolution saved my phone, Reggae soothes my soul
done and done sir. The exchange worked for me the first time and then FCed when I toggled between my email accounts. Not a huge issue since I hate my work email anyway and it gives me an excuse not to answer my bosses
Samsung Galaxy 4
I change my ROMs more than my underwear.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MMM-BACONSTRIPS For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jscass2000
Old
(Last edited by jscass2000; 17th February 2012 at 04:53 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM-BACONSTRIPS View Post
done and done sir. The exchange worked for me the first time and then FCed when I toggled between my email accounts. Not a huge issue since I hate my work email anyway and it gives me an excuse not to answer my bosses
What version of Exchange? I'm of 2010 SP1; wondering if it could be particular versions that have issues (or more issues) compared to others.

Oh, and thank you for testing.

Reinaldo33897
Old
Thanks Meter 499
Need some help here from a Dev. Is there a way I can unzip this rom and swap the clicking sound on it to the beeping sound the zues rom has. I know I asked it before but got no answer.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using xda premium
PHONE: AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 (MDL)
ROM: Goldeneye V34
Baseband : NC1

Pick_A_Name
Old
Thanks Meter 780
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinaldo33897 View Post
Need some help here from a Dev. Is there a way I can unzip this rom and swap the clicking sound on it to the beeping sound the zues rom has. I know I asked it before but got no answer.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1125083

This is a program you can use. But yes you can unzip the ROM and change out the sounds. Sorry we missed the original question.

Oppo Find 7a...Sweet!!
Need Dropbox? Get it here!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Pick_A_Name For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Reinaldo33897
Old
Thanks Meter 499
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pick_A_Name View Post
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1125083

This is a program you can use. But yes you can unzip the ROM and change out the sounds. Sorry we missed the original question.
AWESOME!!! Thank you very much.
PHONE: AT&T Samsung Galaxy S4 (MDL)
ROM: Goldeneye V34
Baseband : NC1
The Following User Says Thank You to Reinaldo33897 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

oFUNGUSo
Old
Thanks Meter 18
So.......is lagfree supposed to be Tue best governer for smoothness or no? Mainly I'm just trying to get adw launcher to scroll as smoothly as possible. What's everyone's take on the best way to set up for smoothness of launcher? Overclock make a difference? Avoid undervoltng? Just curious. Regular awd included is pretty smooth but the paid.version is allways less smooth for me......though it has options I want access to

HTC One X //// Nexus 7

reade0871
Old
Thanks Meter 56
Hey folks. I wanted to see if anyone else had this problem. I am running 3.7 Absolution. When I flash the AbsolutionACE-v0.1.5-BFS kernel (because BFS is the only kernel that allows my stock music app to run smoothly without any skips) no one that I call or calls me can hear me when I speak although I can hear them just fine. I know it is not a mic issue because if I flash the CFS version of the kernel it works fine. I even reflashed from scratch doing a full wipe. As soon as I flash the BFS kernel the problem occurs. I even redownloaded the kernel and the ROM to ensure that no data integrity issues are causing the issue. I can duplicate this every time. The reason I hadn't picked up on this behavior sooner is because I very rarely use my phone for calling or receiving calls (yeah go figure). Any ideas as to why the CFS kernel and BFS kernel would be different in that regard? Thanks in advance.

dude6595
Old
Thanks Meter 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by reade0871 View Post
Hey folks. I wanted to see if anyone else had this problem. I am running 3.7 Absolution. When I flash the AbsolutionACE-v0.1.5-BFS kernel (because BFS is the only kernel that allows my stock music app to run smoothly without any skips) no one that I call or calls me can hear me when I speak although I can hear them just fine. I know it is not a mic issue because if I flash the CFS version of the kernel it works fine. I even reflashed from scratch doing a full wipe. As soon as I flash the BFS kernel the problem occurs. I even redownloaded the kernel and the ROM to ensure that no data integrity issues are causing the issue. I can duplicate this every time. The reason I hadn't picked up on this behavior sooner is because I very rarely use my phone for calling or receiving calls (yeah go figure). Any ideas as to why the CFS kernel and BFS kernel would be different in that regard? Thanks in advance.
Why don't you try Ascension? Bfs is "stock" with it

Sent from my Inspire 4G using Tapatalk
Nexus 4
Samsung Galaxy Note II (N7100)
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (N8013)
The Following User Says Thank You to dude6595 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

reade0871
Old
Thanks Meter 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by dude6595 View Post
Why don't you try Ascension? Bfs is "stock" with it

Sent from my Inspire 4G using Tapatalk
Played with both but keep coming back to GB as my daily for now.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using XDA App