[ANDROID] ClockworkMod Permanent Installation Fix! - Step by Step Instructions
I have figured out a way to permanently install ClockworkMod Recovey on your hybrid WebOS/CyanogenMod Touchpad. Like many of you, my ClockworkMod installation failed when I tried to install using ACMEInstaller while I also installed CyanogenMod.
I realize there is now a workaround to "inject" ClockworkMod into your TP using novacom however this requires you to utilize a computer everytime you want to boot ClockworkMod. Follow the instructions below to install ClockworkMod onto your TP permanently and free yourself from your PC!
1. Boot into WebOS
2. Mount TP to your computer and create a "cminstall" folder if it no longer exists after your CyanogenMod installation
3. Copy the "update-cwm_tenderloin-1012.zip" file into the "cminstall" directory, then unmount TP from computer
4. Download the "Internalz Pro" program using the "Preware" application in WebOS if you haven't already (Google is your friend if you get stuck here)
5. Open "Internalz Pro" and navigate to the "boot" menu (will most likely require you to tap the top-most icon of a folder with two dots next to it to get to the root of the TP - should be second folder down)
6. Tap on the file "uImage.ClockworkMod" and select "move"
7. Navigate to the "media/internal/" directory and click "select" to move file
8. Now tap on the file "update-uimage" and move the file to the same "internal" directory you did in step #7
9. Exit from "Internalz Pro" and reboot device while holding down the up volume key, which will take you in to WebOS Recovery (or select WebOS Recovery when you get to the moboot screen you may have previously installed) - you should now see a large USB icon and should be connected to your computer using a usb cable
10. Go to your command prompt in Windows and navigate to the menu where you have novacom installed - you should also have the ACMEInstaller binary file copied into this directory by now (If you don't know what I'm talking about, remember Google is your friend)
11. Type in "novacom boot mem:// < ACMEInstaller" in the command line and press enter
12. You should now see ClockworkMod recovery installing on your TP - Once it reboots into moboot select "boot ClockworkMod" and watch it boot into ClockworkMod!
13. After celebrating, boot back into WebOS, go into "Internalz Pro" and move the file "update-uimage" back into the "boot" directory - the "uImage.ClockworkMod" file that you put in the "Internal" directory is no longer needed since you reinstalled ClockworkMod properly
Essentially the boot directory was overloaded which caused for insufficient space when installing ClockworkMod. Now you should be able to boot into WebOS, CyanogenMod, WebOS, AND ClockworkMod Recovery without a computer. As always, I do not take responsibility for you bricking your TP or variability you may have... use this information if it is helpful but don't blame me if something goes wrong. I'm just trying to help out the community that has helped me for so long.
Let me know if this is helpful to you. Thanks!