OP raziel23x

16th October 2011, 06:30 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Novi
Thanks Meter: 900

982 posts
Donate to Me
More
I am currently working on a major update to the apk manager application as well and changing the name to APK Multi-Tool with some new added features and also to fix some issues with some code errors.

I am also changing a lot of the features as well since a lot of the code has been outdated for a while.

I have compiled the latest Version of APKTOOL which is 1.4.2 snapshot

Updates done so far in this new upcoming release

Updated APKTOOL to the latest snapshot
I have downloaded the latest changes to the source and compiled the latest Version of APKTOOL which is 1.4.2 snapshot

Updated Android SDK TOOLS
I have updates all the android tools to the latest Version from the android SDK revision 13
Included tools:
zipalign
adb
aapt

Updated Sox
Downloaded the latest Source and compiled to update Sox

Replaced roptipng v0.6.3 with optipng v0.6.5
I have removed roptipng v0.6.3 and replaced it with the latest Version of optipng v0.6.5 which I freshly compiled from source as roptipng was just v0.6.3 and there has been some major bug fixes to optipng

Roptipng is bloated with no compression when compiled also the modifications made to optipng that the original Arthur of roptipng are pointless as all they do is add directory recursion, which is redundant.

If you are interested in recursion, use this with the original optipng:

for FILE in `find . | grep "\.png"`; do optipng "$FILE"; done

If you want to do it in windonkey , something like this

for /r %FILE in "*.png" do optipng "%FILE"

(note: reason for it being shorter in donkey mode is that the "for" command is a
*LOT* weaker -- it can only search through the filesystem whereas the unix command iterates through anything you throw at it, therefore we need the extra command to go out and do the search
).

New Added Features done so far in this new upcoming release

New Section to the command line

Batch Theme Image Transfer TOOL
Batch Theme Zipalign APK TOOL
Batch Theme optipng TOOL

These tools allow you to update/port your favorite theme pack from any rom to your Current Rom In use.

(Note: You do not have to worry about signing the apk files using this method as it is automated with the transfer Function)

Batch Theme Image Transfer TOOL
This tool makes the process of transferring images from one APK to another APK File of the same file making it easier to update themes or even transferring a theme update.zip of one ROM to another Rom allowing the porting of theme to be much faster.
(Note: You will have to manually replace the progress_horizontals.xml from the framework-res since this file is needed with Theme Changes)

Batch Theme Zipalign APK TOOL
This tool makes it easier to Zipalign all the apk files in your newly ported/updated theme pack.

Batch Theme optipng TOOL
This tool optimizes all the images in all of the apk files for the toolset to allow you to be able improve compression of the images.

TO DO LIST

Add new feature to Randomly Generate a new Key File for signing the apk files after modifying and recompiling of the apk files this will also allow of uploading to the android market as this added feature will allow you to sign apk files that you may of compiled without signing beforehand.

Modify the Signapk script to be compatible with the Randomly Generation feature in the works

and a few other added features are in the works as I am redesigning the application and rewriting a lot of the code to fix issues as well as some of the new features have broken parts as some features have been moved and broken some command line prompts.
Last edited by kinfauns; 29th January 2013 at 07:36 PM.
The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to raziel23x For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th October 2011, 07:25 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Themer
Flag Durham/Liverpool
Thanks Meter: 3,205

2,731 posts
Donate to Me
More
Its nice to know this project is still alive.
A couple of suggestions:
To save the masses asking later on........
Add an option to install the required info into environment variables.

Maybe an option to install a registry edit to enable right click compile/ decompile. I created one myself, but I think you would do a better job
forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=935967

Other than that it looks like a complete tool.
Thank you very much.
16th October 2011, 10:29 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Novi

982 posts
Donate to Me
More
I have released a Alpha Build of the APK Mulit-Tool on the main website feel free to test out the application and remember some features may be broken
The Following User Says Thank You to raziel23x For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th October 2011, 03:16 AM   |  #4  
Flag Saint Paul
Thanks Meter: 12

99 posts
More
BUG: I noticed this in the APK Man. before. After decompiling..compiling etc then finishing up and trying to quit option '24' in 5.0 and '27' in APK Multi-tool, it echos the text for when your compiling and keeping orig. files.

"In the apk manager folder u'll find.." not letting you exit the program. I have to force close it.
17th October 2011, 05:31 AM   |  #5  
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 6,748

5,671 posts
Donate to Me
More
Anyway of being able to add in a command where you can create ur own private signing keys and an option to then sign ur apks with the private keys. I have a tutorial on how to make ur own and the commands to make and sign if ud like me to send it to u
17th October 2011, 06:10 AM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Novi

982 posts
Donate to Me
More
Alpha 02 is now out.

I completely redesigned the layout of the app so it is totally different so there is some learning to be done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegoo

BUG: I noticed this in the APK Man. before. After decompiling..compiling etc then finishing up and trying to quit option '24' in 5.0 and '27' in APK Multi-tool, it echos the text for when your compiling and keeping orig. files.

"In the apk manager folder u'll find.." not letting you exit the program. I have to force close it.

I believe I fixed this bug now by adding a kill script to the exit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Smurf151

Anyway of being able to add in a command where you can create ur own private signing keys and an option to then sign ur apks with the private keys. I have a tutorial on how to make ur own and the commands to make and sign if ud like me to send it to u

the Private key gen script I am adding is a randomly key generator script I have done a while back and but sure feel free to send away
17th October 2011, 08:59 AM   |  #7  
Flag Atlanta

5,671 posts
Donate to Me
More
http://db.tt/nD4dePl5

Here's a link to a rff file that is written up with cmd oaths on how to created a private key and then how to sign with it. The script would need to be written by u but with what uve been able to do I'm sure it wouldn't be a problem and IMO would be very useful
17th October 2011, 08:17 PM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Novi

982 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

http://db.tt/nD4dePl5

Here's a link to a rff file that is written up with cmd oaths on how to created a private key and then how to sign with it. The script would need to be written by u but with what uve been able to do I'm sure it wouldn't be a problem and IMO would be very useful

That way is overly complicated there is a way easier way

Code:
cd C:\openssl\Bin
set RANDFILE=.rnd
openssl genrsa -out key.x509.pem 2048
openssl req -new -key key.x509.pem -config “C:\OpenSSL\ssl\openssl.cnf” -out request.pem
openssl x509 -req -days 99999 -in request.pem -signkey key.x509.pem -out certificate.pem
openssl pkcs8 -topk8 -outform DER -in key.x509.pem -inform PEM -out key.pk8 -nocrypt
this will generate a key used for signing with a modified signer script which I use besides the one in the application as with this signing method requires a modifications from the

signer.bat
Code:
@echo off
if (%1)==(1) goto next
if (%1)==(2) goto log
COLOR 0A
echo Signing "%~n1"
java -Xmx%heapy%m -jar signapk.jar -w testkey.x509.pem testkey.pk8 "../place-apk-here-for-signing/%~n1%~x1" "../place-apk-here-for-signing/signed.apk"
del /S /Q "../place-apk-here-for-signing/%~n1%~x1" > nul
ren "../place-apk-here-for-signing/signed.apk" "%~n1%~x1"
goto quit
:next
COLOR 0C
cd ..
type log.txt
PAUSE
goto quit
:log
mode con:cols=24 lines=2
echo Leave this open for 10s
adb logcat >> adblog.txt
:quit
17th October 2011, 09:14 PM   |  #9  
Flag Atlanta

5,671 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by raziel23x

That way is overly complicated there is a way easier way

Code:
cd C:\openssl\Bin
set RANDFILE=.rnd
openssl genrsa -out key.x509.pem 2048
openssl req -new -key key.x509.pem -config “C:\OpenSSL\ssl\openssl.cnf” -out request.pem
openssl x509 -req -days 99999 -in request.pem -signkey key.x509.pem -out certificate.pem
openssl pkcs8 -topk8 -outform DER -in key.x509.pem -inform PEM -out key.pk8 -nocrypt
this will generate a key used for signing with a modified signer script which I use besides the one in the application as with this signing method requires a modifications from the

signer.bat
Code:
@echo off
if (%1)==(1) goto next
if (%1)==(2) goto log
COLOR 0A
echo Signing "%~n1"
java -Xmx%heapy%m -jar signapk.jar -w testkey.x509.pem testkey.pk8 "../place-apk-here-for-signing/%~n1%~x1" "../place-apk-here-for-signing/signed.apk"
del /S /Q "../place-apk-here-for-signing/%~n1%~x1" > nul
ren "../place-apk-here-for-signing/signed.apk" "%~n1%~x1"
goto quit
:next
COLOR 0C
cd ..
type log.txt
PAUSE
goto quit
:log
mode con:cols=24 lines=2
echo Leave this open for 10s
adb logcat >> adblog.txt
:quit

U r correct but in my case I sign with my private keys to go into the market so when I make updates the key name can't be random or the market will not take it.
17th October 2011, 10:12 PM   |  #10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Novi

982 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

U r correct but in my case I sign with my private keys to go into the market so when I make updates the key name can't be random or the market will not take it.

Well the script above was just a example script there will be some changes to it to tie the keys to the applications so that when you sign the apk files they will have a key assigned to them

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
apk multi tool, apk multi-tool
Previous Thread Next Thread