Well its finally here! A rom for Canadians! ( or anyone that loves canadians and nice ROMs )
This Rom is tweaked for rogers users, and Att users, but should work for anyone, maybe better! It is built with ATT KJ3 (currently) with Rogers/ATT CSC files tweaked by me and I-896 build.info mixed with the KJ3 build info and release keys to allow a ROM that fully functions and will allow the Samsung Email and IM apps to connect your phone/contacts/email and instant messaging to hotmail / yahoo and gmail all to social hub app and phone/email contacts!
here is the changelog over stock
- rebuilt on KK4
- brought back USER APPS!!!
- samurai kernel 1.4.2- Thunderbolt scripts by Pikachu01
- enabled non-market apps by default
- disabled auto-brightness by default
- changed default brightness
- removed ATT tethering warning
- removed Software Update from settings menu
- updated some apps
- made sure GPS works
- ke3 modem still
- rebuilt on KK2
- cleaned up install script
- added/modded backing up and restoring of battery stats durring wipe installs - originally by darkyy & Ficeto
- animated notifacation window.
- puzzle ASOP lock - ddbout
- removed fully charged notifacation - ddoubt
- Samurai Kernel 1.3
- dialer touch sounds (subtle)
- major theme update - thanks 10tonhammr for many resources from darkfire 6
-phone, dialer, AccountsSync, Browser, DeskClock, LauncherPro
youtube,GingerbreadKeyboard, Quick Search, Mms, MyFiles,
SnsAccouts, Swype, SystemUI, TouchWiz3, TouchWizCalculator,
Market, Voice Search
- updated Market (3.3.11), Maps, Reader, Superuser
- updated busybox and toolbox
- Samurai Kernel 1.2
- removed beaver from dropdown... [Sad Panda]
- new icons ect.
- removed ridiculous amount of system sounds
- removed nomoarpowah
- removed samsung keypad (t9)
- removed dual clock
- removed "Attwifi" network SSID
- ke3 modem
ROGERS USERS!! - delete/rename bootanimation.zip in system/media/ folder.
just for us!
- removed shutdown image
- added Samsung Adrenaline Shotv6 thread.
- Samurai kernel 1.1
- integrated theme updates/ fixed theme issues
- integrated themed red beta swype and set default
- added maple leaf battery icon BY ME!! - pngs zipped separately for download at bottom- added adrenaline shot scripts/fixes
- removed development app not intended for original release. hope you tibu'd it!
- updated superuser app and binary
- updated google earth/google plus to ICS version
- updated youtube/maps to new market versions
- added ICS flipfont
- build.prop ( SGH-I896 ) - allows samsung email + IM to work - MANY OTHER TWEAKS
- Gingerbread 2.3.5 I-897 release keys
- RWC CSC ( ROGERS WIRELESS CARRIER ) SALES CODE
- AT&T Network info Frankenstiened into CSC
- Added " 0 " and " 411 " to list of numbers allowed without sim in phone! **testing
- rooted\ deodexed\ zipaligned\ optimized
- Kyuta Syuko's Lagfix kernel !!!
- busybox'd \ rooted
- removed original vendor folder
- crt animation (thanks to crt60)
- advanced power menu (thanks to crt)
- 9 scrollable toggles
- widget picker
- ad blocking host file - updated!
- custom canadian wallpapers twwallpaperchooser
- volume buttons wont wake phone with lockscreen - 2 second delay
- ringtones, notifacations and alarms out the Eh!
- live wallpapers thined out
- removed crap apps (debloated)
- launcherpro launcher app
- custom preinstalled XDA bookmarks in bowser
- dropbox sign up link bookmarked in browser - earns me 250MB extra
- usb debugging by default
- removed tethering manager
- wifi scan interval to 90 secs (was 15)
- set language to EN (US) for better voice recoginition and more thurough media scanning.
- removed usb plugin sound by filename edit
- social hub w/ Samsung Email & IM ( HOTMAIL PUSH !!) ** samsung email and IM will not let you create or "add" account unless the build.prop is for the canadian I896 ! (like this ROM!) after accounts are added they show up in social hub (the program everyone *thinks* is useless!)
- APN Backup And Restore, Backup file put on your SDCARD with CORRECT ROGERS APN for internet AND MMS in same APN - in case you ever need it. saved to internal SD for any future use. just download app " APN Backup and Restore " if ever needed, and restore the file i left you!
- NoMoarPowah! app charging screen replacement
- goo.gl link shortner,chrome2phone and phone2chrome,
- nolock app
- homeswitcher app
- google talk (chat) with video working
- music 4.01 (music by google online syncing)
- barcode scanner
- Odin flashable bootlogo replacer and .bat script (OPTIONAL BUT AMAZING)
Gets Rid of 1st ATT logo! this is the only way to replace it, is with an odin flash!
or if you have never flashed an ATT rom this will replace the I896 logo at boot!
APPS PUT ON SD CARD! see note below~
Originally Posted by trell959
so i flashed this over fasty. after the flash it went from kj2 to kj3, but im still on fasty. My build number still says fast III 1.3 but im on kj3. Very weird
Its still themed like fasty. It seems as if the only change was that it went to kj3
i think i found your problem in the instructions for fasty!
INSTRUCTION (IMPORTANT MUST FOLLOW) How to update from previous Fasty
GO BACK TO STOCK(i know it sucks, but the kernel is still beta thus having this issue)
Get Gb bootloaders
- MYEDIT - odin flash a kernel with CWM buit in, Samouri Kernel doesnt have this problem....
Flash the rom and reboot
WAIT FOR CONVERTION
this might have something to do with it. and i was having this issue last week!
Flash to stock first!
3 1440x900 samsung 940bw monitors stripped down and painted for smaller than stock bezel edges.
6 Core AMD 3.5Ghz processor - liquid cooled.
6 GB RAM
60 GB SSD HD for OS
500 BG HD for program files
1TB for Downloads
1TB for movies/music/tv
1TB raid 0 for GAMES
Razer Naga Epic mouse with 12 customized buttons on the THUMB alone.
Logitech G13 programable macro keypad. with on the fly macro recording and lua scripting capabilities.
razer naga thumb buttons: (main profile) unlimited profiles supported.
Esc | Tab | Close << | Enter | >> Shift | Ctrl | Del Cut | Copy | Paste Ya.I.GAME
i could really use the help of an experienced themer to finish off .... well theming it, and adding multiple lock screens. I am no artist, although at this point if i had the instructions for, and working code to copy in, i could do the lockscreens.
you dont have to be canadian but you must understand sarcasm....
Developing an application is a hard and often times ungratifying task. It also requires quite a … more
21 Aug 2014
By Tomek Kondrat
XDA Developers was founded by developers, for developers. It is now a valuable resource for people who want to make the most of their mobile devices, from customizing the look and feel to adding new functionality. Are you a developer?