XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Updates for LG-P925G?

Tip us?

linuxluver
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Question [Q] Updates for LG-P925G?

I'm in New Zealand and I bought an LG Optimus 3D via "Mobicity" because I wanted a model that is compatible with the Telecom XT WCDMA network. They sent me a Rogers phone - the LG P925G. It is unlocked.

I love the thing. It's awesome.

But it does raise the question of how I might get any updates. My IMEI will be for a Canadian phone. Does Rogers SIM-lock this phone?

I've tried LG Update and selected Canada as the country. It lists the version of firmware I am currently on (v10C). There do not appear to be any updates.

If there is a way to check for OTA updates, I can't find it in the menus in the phone.

Anyone have any answers to these questions? I've been reading through various threads and most relate to the LG-P920, which is sold here in NZ by Vodafone. But I don't use Vodafone as their new data plans suck and I can get 4 times the data from Telecom for the same money.

I'd like to work out how to update my P925G the "normal" way,if that's possible. I'm happy to root the phone and flash other firmware if there is no other way, but I do not want to disturb or break the 3D functionality of the phone as that is the primary reason I bought it.
Linuxluver
LG 3D Max (LG-P725) - Rooted / SGS4 i9505 (Stock) / Nexus 4 (Stock)

darshanbangre
Old
(Last edited by darshanbangre; 18th October 2011 at 04:58 AM.)
Thanks Meter 21
Hi Mate... I have the same phone P925g its from Rogers Canada.... It is unlocked... but am afraid if you flash to other roms of P920 u may loose network connectivity like me.... am struggling for it... ! now it is more like a gadget than the phone.

boboche
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I'm fighting to find if this telephone has a radio-specific chipset for rogers or it's firmware-locked to rogers as I am trying to carry it to videotron... trying to locate the base roger firmware to start poking around since I can't source this information on the net...

darshanbangre
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by boboche View Post
I'm fighting to find if this telephone has a radio-specific chipset for rogers or it's firmware-locked to rogers as I am trying to carry it to videotron... trying to locate the base roger firmware to start poking around since I can't source this information on the net...
Trying exactly the same thing.... the issue is with network radio ... hope its not chipset issue...how to solve this now...

boboche
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have an app reporting the radio is an XMM 6260 which is listed as pentaband on intel's website, but I can't seem to source a specification sheet with frequency lists...

darshanbangre
Old
Thanks Meter 21
which app is that ??

boboche
Old
Thanks Meter 0
"Phone Info" app.

under ALL VALUES you will see CPU Omap4430 and Radio right under XMM 6260.

FZRaceR
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Red face Update will be when???

Hi all, I too purchased the 925g from mobicity in Brisbane here and what an awesome piece of technology...

It came branded as Rogers and I spent double the amount of the p920 just to get the 925's NextG compatability... it flies on their network here....

But I am really wanting to go to 2.3 as all of you are too. I too have tried the Canada settings and several others in the hope of getting the update but have had no luck.

I too will not use a custom mod in the fear of losing my dearest features... the 3D.

If anyone has any further info or timeframes I would be all ears

Cheers
Chris

linuxluver
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by FZRaceR View Post
Hi all, I too purchased the 925g from mobicity in Brisbane here and what an awesome piece of technology...

It came branded as Rogers and I spent double the amount of the p920 just to get the 925's NextG compatability... it flies on their network here....

But I am really wanting to go to 2.3 as all of you are too. I too have tried the Canada settings and several others in the hope of getting the update but have had no luck.

I too will not use a custom mod in the fear of losing my dearest features... the 3D.

If anyone has any further info or timeframes I would be all ears

Cheers
Chris
I guess the thing to do is monitor Rogers and see if / when an update comes out. One was due out in October...which has very few days left now.

Or just buy an HTC Evo 3D as HTC are very good about Android updates....and it's a higher spec phone anyway.

BTW - Ive worked out how to make 3D videos for uploading to YouTube that will also play perfectly on the LG Optimus 3D. My YouTube channel is "linuxluver". The last 4-5 videos should work perfectly in landscape. If you want to know how to do it, post a comment on a video or send me a message on YT.
Linuxluver
LG 3D Max (LG-P725) - Rooted / SGS4 i9505 (Stock) / Nexus 4 (Stock)
The Following User Says Thank You to linuxluver For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

FZRaceR
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default UPDATE!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxluver View Post
I guess the thing to do is monitor Rogers and see if / when an update comes out. One was due out in October...which has very few days left now.

Or just buy an HTC Evo 3D as HTC are very good about Android updates....and it's a higher spec phone anyway.

BTW - Ive worked out how to make 3D videos for uploading to YouTube that will also play perfectly on the LG Optimus 3D. My YouTube channel is "linuxluver". The last 4-5 videos should work perfectly in landscape. If you want to know how to do it, post a comment on a video or send me a message on YT.
Hi again... I have been frustrated that others have GB and not us with rogers phones so I pretended to be a Canadian (not an american lol) and got into their live chat assistance system... Bottom line is they have no idea of a release date for the rogers branded p925g...

Tammy says:
Hello Chris, thank you for choosing Rogers Live Support. My Name is Tammy, how may I assist you today?

Tammy says:
Hello Chris, thank you for choosing Rogers Live Support. My Name is Tammy, how may I assist you today?

Chris says:
Hi Tammy How are you going?

Tammy says:
Hello , how can I help you today?

Chris says:
I have a Rogers LGP925G phone and am awaiting the 2.3.5 update for it. I wondered if you had a release date that Rogers will be releasing the new firmware please?

Tammy says:
We do not have that information when the update is available

Chris says:
Oh ok. it is rolling out in other contries and wondered if it was scheduled.

Chris says:
Am I best to try to contact LG then?

Tammy says:
Yes, you can try contacting them

Chris says:
OK... thansk for your help.

Tammy says:
You are welcome.

Tammy says:
thank you for choosing Rogers Wireless Live Chat Support. You can feel free to contact us again at your convenience, we are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Chris says:
k bfn

Have you heard anything ???

Tags
aws, firmware update, lg-p925g, radio unlock