Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,167 Members 44,731 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

root 2.3.4,downgrade,and s-off

Tip us?

scotty1223
Old
(Last edited by scotty1223; 28th January 2012 at 11:18 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2230
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcracerguy View Post
I have made it to the downgrade with adb and now I'm lost and don't know where to go. I am on windows xp
what have you done and what trouble are you having? just do each step one at a time.

assuming you have completed steps 1,2,3 then do step 4 open a command window(you may have to research how to do it on windows xp if its not the same) and enter the adb commands.

edit: also may want to check out the first post here: http://androidforums.com/incredible-...get-s-off.html

there may have been some additional directions/clarifications added,and that thread is better supported than this one.

rcracerguy
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I open a command window but it won't let me copy and paste what you have. and when I type it in it doesn't work

cmlusco
Old
Thanks Meter 919

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I open a command window but it won't let me copy and paste what you have. and when I type it in it doesn't work
Open a cmd prompt and right click on the top bar where it says Command Prompt and select properties. Make sure "quick edit mode" is NOT checked, and "insert mode" IS checked. That should allow you to paste in the cmd window.
Sent From My HTC One (M7WLV) S-OFF Rooted
Hboot: 1.56.0000 (Unlocked)
Recovery: TWRP 2.6.3.4
Baseband: 1.13.41.0109_2
Kernel: ElementalX 13.5
PRL: 15287
Rom: Stock OTA 3.11.605.1

VZW HTC One Files - VZW1FILES.DYNDNS.ORG

HTC Incredible Files - DINC.DOES-IT.NET
The Following User Says Thank You to cmlusco For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rcracerguy
Old
Thanks Meter 0
that's how it's set and still won't work

cmlusco
Old
Thanks Meter 919

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
that's how it's set and still won't work
How are you tring to paste, by right clicking, or by hitting ctrl v? Only right clicking will work ctrl v will not. If thats not the issue, im not sure why you cant paste. What kind of errors do you get when trying to enter the commands manually?
Sent From My HTC One (M7WLV) S-OFF Rooted
Hboot: 1.56.0000 (Unlocked)
Recovery: TWRP 2.6.3.4
Baseband: 1.13.41.0109_2
Kernel: ElementalX 13.5
PRL: 15287
Rom: Stock OTA 3.11.605.1

VZW HTC One Files - VZW1FILES.DYNDNS.ORG

HTC Incredible Files - DINC.DOES-IT.NET
The Following User Says Thank You to cmlusco For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

csilvest
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default No Joy

Been getting the low memory warnings on my wife's phone and it became nearly unusable so I decided to root. It was of course on 2.3.4 which brought me to this thread. I tried the zergRoot method first, got stuck at flashing back to 2.2. Tried the long method in post #1, got stuck at the same spot - flashing back to 2.2. Have made sure the filename is correct, have formatted the SD card (twice, once quick, once full), still no joy. Have used a different SD card, still nothing. This phone simply will not see the PB31IMG.zip file in the root of the SD card. Always says no image found.

HBOOT Specs on this phone:
INCREDIBLE XD SHIP S-ON
HBOOT-0.92.0000
MICROP-0417
TOUCH PANEL-ATMEL224_20aa
RADIO-2.15.10.07.07
Jul 23 2010, 18:06:51

Any ideas? I successfully got root in both methods, but still can't flash...

scotty1223
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2230
there are only 2 reasons a proper PxxxIMG file on the root of an sd card is not seen:
1)not named correctly
2)not formatted FAT32

common errors:
-typing in the .zip on windows(makes filename PB31IMZ.zip.zip)
-thinking FAT and FAT32 are the same thing
-PB31IMG inside a folder,or on the phones internal memory,not the SD card

rarer occasions,not typing in the file extension on windows could leave the file name "PB31IMG" instead of "PB31IMG.zip". check the file with a file manager on your phone

sd card could be bad. try a new/different one

you can leave hboot flashing out of the equasion by using "fastboot flash zip" to flash the downgrade RUU. directions here: http://androidforums.com/incredible-...img-files.html

TheLeeDynasty
Old
(Last edited by TheLeeDynasty; 29th January 2012 at 09:23 PM.) Reason: Fixed my problem.
Thanks Meter 0
I got all the way to the thru ADB and did the downgrade to 2.2 and now my phone just continues to reboot from the Droid animation screen (red eye, freezes, restarts).

I am going to try to do a factory reset as I just tried to load into Recovery but got a Phone with Red ! when I booted into recovery. I have a feeling that my cache didnt wipe properly. I will update my post if a factory reset works from hboot.

EDIT

I had to do a factory reset, so if anyone gets a continuous loop of Droid Start Up Animation try doing a factory reset from hboot (vol down + power) and say no to "upgrade" and "reboot" (cause your 2.2 zip still on your SD card).

csilvest
Old
(Last edited by csilvest; 30th January 2012 at 02:17 AM.) Reason: Update
Thanks Meter 1
Figured out my problem. I had forgotten how small the SD Card was in this thing - only 2GB. I was loading onto what I thought was the 8GB SD Card that was actually the internal memory (duh!).

Anyway, rollback to 2.2 was successful, ran unrevoked and got S-Off. Thanks for the great thread and assistance!

Off to shop around for a rom...

rcracerguy
Old
Thanks Meter 0
says invalid directory and it won't let me paste with right click