Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,879 Members 43,794 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Tutorial] How to root HTC Rider//X515E//HTC EVO 4G+//Korean EVO 3D

Tip us?

farazhassankhan
Old
Thanks Meter 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by akashavel View Post
Hi Mate,

itz nothing... go to hboot ( power+volume down button).
then i hope yu have installed 4ext recovery (which is part of root process) so enter recovery.
colorfull screen with touch enabled menu will appear. there go to back & restore.
then hit backup and wait till successful and then reboot and connect usb and make it read as disk and sd cards contents loads in pc
go to clcokwork mod folder and then backup and then a folder ... that folder jus copy to pc and keep it safe..

thanks
Bro how can I S-Off my EVO 4G+. Hboot is 1.57.0000 and phone is rooted of course.
Looking for you help

khurram_kool
Old
(Last edited by khurram_kool; 25th December 2012 at 06:57 AM.) Reason: more clear question
Thanks Meter 0
Default help!

olleh hi guys.. you are doing great work

I'm very new to rooting

anyhow I have recently purchased same phone.. HTC Evo 4G+ (X515E) it had olleh logo and olleh firmware (olleh boots screen, olleh softwares etc) Google Korean keyboard, although there is english but there is a botton of korean on bottom left corner which really annoys me. actually i'm not korean.. so I want my phone korean free and olleh free as well

I have completely followed the instructions given on first page to root the phone.. and i did it. I'm successful so far. I have SuperSU app installed.

plz help me what should i doo.. i want my phone completely logo free with stock rom.. currently its running olleh rom ics 4.0.3

i want my phone completely logo free.. there should be no korean , no any single app of olleh, no logon pic of olleh after HTC,

plzz help me what should i do??????

Can I install ICS WWE ROM(world wide english) - but that must be stock rom. ?
can I install any stock rom of HTC Evo 3D ?

another problem, sms more than 90 characters converted into MMS :-/
I also need help regarding that...

khurram_kool
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default wifi error

I have tried custom ROM NHK Rider v4.0 based on 3.09 ICS 4.0.3 ROM installed perfectly fine but wifi not working
I have also tried NHK Rider v4.0.1 based on 3.09 ICS 4.0.3 ROM installed perfectly fine but wifi not working
I have tried NHK evo 3d rom ported for HTC Evo 4G+ , it installed perfectly but when I rebooted phone.. it stucked at Beats.Audio animation. doesn't move forward. waited for hours..
I have also tried NHK Rider v2.2 and v1.0 based on 2.3.6 GB 2.18 but it stucked at HTC logo..
Now I'm going back to original RUU 3.10 ROM..
I didn't find any solution for this..
will anybody here can help me regarding that...

russells.android
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by khurram_kool View Post
I have tried custom ROM NHK Rider v4.0 based on 3.09 ICS 4.0.3 ROM installed perfectly fine but wifi not working
I have also tried NHK Rider v4.0.1 based on 3.09 ICS 4.0.3 ROM installed perfectly fine but wifi not working
I have tried NHK evo 3d rom ported for HTC Evo 4G+ , it installed perfectly but when I rebooted phone.. it stucked at Beats.Audio animation. doesn't move forward. waited for hours..
I have also tried NHK Rider v2.2 and v1.0 based on 2.3.6 GB 2.18 but it stucked at HTC logo..
Now I'm going back to original RUU 3.10 ROM..
I didn't find any solution for this..
will anybody here can help me regarding that...
how were you able to downgrade ruu? can you please show me the steps. i want to install a custom rom on my 4g+. thanks in advance.

khurram_kool
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by russells.android View Post
how were you able to downgrade ruu? can you please show me the steps. i want to install a custom rom on my 4g+. thanks in advance.
we can downgrade from 3.10 to 3.09 but can't downgrade from 3.10/3.09 to 2.18
anyhow I have fixed the problem of wifi.
now I'm with ROM NHK Rider ICS 4.0.3 based of 3.09 kernel wifi didn't work with 3.09 kernel so I flash only 3.10 kernel.. andd wifi worked everything is fine because my stock kernel was 3.10
HAPPY FLASHING

russells.android
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by khurram_kool View Post
we can downgrade from 3.10 to 3.09 but can't downgrade from 3.10/3.09 to 2.18
anyhow I have fixed the problem of wifi.
now I'm with ROM NHK Rider ICS 4.0.3 based of 3.09 kernel wifi didn't work with 3.09 kernel so I flash only 3.10 kernel.. andd wifi worked everything is fine because my stock kernel was 3.10
HAPPY FLASHING
how did you do it? :confused steps please...

tia.

gururoop
Old
Thanks Meter 96
got this phone from ebay few days back... got a strange problem though... the phone came with gingerbread, s-off, rooted with 4ext recovery... but the bootloader was locked... tried unlocking from htcdev.com but when i flash unlock_code.bin, nothing happens... the bootloader just freezes until i pull out the cable, no prompt to unlock the bootloader... then i upgraded to ICS rom using RUU posted in this thread... now i have lost root and 4ext recovery... still unable to unlock using htcdev.com, and now unable to flash 4ext... the phone is still s-off... please help me root/unlock bootloader...

amarpkpk
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default thank you

thank you and please be carry on

akashavel
Old
Thanks Meter 49
Hi Mates ,

Any tutorial on how to downgrade from 3.10 to 3.09 and flash ROM NHK Rider ICS 4.0.3 and flash 3.10 kernel (for Wifi)??

---------- Post added at 05:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:22 PM ----------

Anyone wanna try this..
http://www.androidegis.com/how-to/le...ezound-how-to/
i think we nned to use this PG86IMG.zip
---------- Post added at 05:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:11 PM ----------

Sharing old post::

Originally Posted by EvolveX515E
you will need adb, fastboot, drivers, and htc sync to downgrade.
If you look on xda there is a file named misc_version_universal.zip.
(I couldnt get a direct link but i'll try )
The downgrade steps are listed below :

1. Unzip misc_version_universal in the folder where you have your adb and fastboot.

2. Turn on usb debugging on your x515e, then connect it to your computer.

3. Run the command prompt. (Run as administrator for vista/7/8)

4. Set your directory using cd \the name of your folder that has the adb files.

5. Type the text below into the command prompt :

adb push misc_version /data/local/misc_version
adb shell
su
chmod 777 /data/local/misc_version
/data/local/misc_version -s 2.00.405.3
exit
adb reboot bootloader

After rebooting, type

fastboot oem lock

to lock the bootloader.

6. Run the 3.09.1010.8 RUU.

Troubleshooting - if you can't run the ruu, follow the steps below. You will need PG86IMG.zip.

1. Type the text below into the command prompt :

fastboot oem rebootRUU
fastboot flash zip PG86IMG.zip (You can try rom.zip)

2. Reboot. If your phone does NOT reboot automatically for more than 2 minutes, pull the battery.

---------- Post added at 05:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:18 PM ----------

No need downgrade ..A rom which i found ...i havnt tried or tested..try ur luck.

Rider_Lite_v3.2_NO Sense [2012-10-03]
Stability: ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ power saving: ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆
RAM: ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ran sub: ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆
Andrews version: 4.0.3 These error messages indicate that RUU version: 3.10
Kernel version :3.0.16-winpih, CPU frequency :192-1512MHz

Starter Apex1.3.1
Delete the Sense3.6, the official weather, google components replace 1.5Ghz overclocking kernel, CPU modify and delete a lot of useless software for automatic overclocking, adding several utility software

Steps:
1. Extracted from the ROM package boot.img, and place it in ADb folder (where fastboot exe is present).
2. turn off ur phone.
3. go to hboot (press vol down button and power button)
4. connect the usb cable
5. download this zip http://attachments.gfan.com/attachme...84ec33fd65.zip
6. extrat zip and copy boot.bat to ADb folder (where fastboot exe is present).
7. run boot.bat and press any key to continue.
8. restart phone..

Note:
if you dont have adb folder setup in ur pc then you can download
http://attachments.gfan.com/attachme...84ec33fd65.zip
extract to c: folder and place boot.img (from step1) and jus run boot.bat (step7).

---------- Post added at 06:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:54 PM ----------

ROM package is missing have to find..

---------- Post added at 06:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:00 PM ----------

http://translate.googleusercontent.c...LieL-nmhEM1ZSQ
The Following User Says Thank You to akashavel For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

akashavel
Old
Thanks Meter 49
[ROM] [DCY] HTC EVO 4G + X515E Rider Andrews 4.04 Sense4.1 V1.3 Custom Edition [XDA starter]

transalated page:
http://translate.googleusercontent.c...VSo_3t5oa1qH0A

you can see the screenshots in attached pdf in zip

Download rom:
http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shar...&uk=1745094821

Note : i haven't tried this rom