How to root stock 3.2

Tip us?

timmyDean
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by pratik5705 View Post
Thanks TimmyDean for the great work. Got it to work on the third try, after disabling and reenabling USB Debugging mode.
Thank you for documenting the problem and coming up with how to fix it.

Dad57
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Hi Timmy

I'm completely lost i'm unable to downgrade my A501 3.2.1
trying root 3.2.1-v3 and V4 procedure
I'm unable to have the S/N
I'm running W7 x64
Any help will be appreciated

thanks

timmyDean
Old
(Last edited by timmyDean; 19th January 2012 at 11:06 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad57 View Post
Hi Timmy

I'm completely lost i'm unable to downgrade my A501 3.2.1
trying root 3.2.1-v3 and V4 procedure
I'm unable to have the S/N
I'm running W7 x64
Any help will be appreciated

thanks
If you cannot get the serial number then you are not communicating with the tablet or are not running the test command at the correct time in the sequence (many of the rooters do this simply mistake, they just click without reading what they're suppose to do).

You have to run the test, when it tells you too and not before and not after. For example, if you click next and then try to get your serial number it's too late. So, make sure you are reading the instructions and not proceeding to the next step until asked to do so.

If you are sure you're running the test to get your serial number when told to do so and are not getting it to work. Then the PC is not communicating with the tablet. Make sure you have turned on USB debugging, check your cable, make sure you have the tablet powered on.

Lastly, re-read the PDF and make sure you're not skipping a step.

PS> I only use Windows 7 64bit so that's not an issue.

TD

Dad57
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyDean View Post
If you cannot get the serial number then you are not communicating with the tablet or are not running the test command at the correct time in the sequence (many of the rooters do this simply mistake, they just click without reading what they're suppose to do).

You have to run the test, when it tells you too and not before and not after. For example, if you click next and then try to get your serial number it's too late. So, make sure you are reading the instructions and not proceeding to the next step until asked to do so.

If you are sure you're running the test to get your serial number when told to do so and are not getting it to work. Then the PC is not communicating with the tablet. Make sure you have turned on USB debugging, check your cable, make sure you have the tablet powered on.

Lastly, re-read the PDF and make sure you're not skipping a step.

PS> I only use Windows 7 64bit so that's not an issue.

TD
Thx Timmy for your answer

For me the procedure is respected
I see tablet folders in file explorer in W7 so I think the communication is established.
The only thing was, the first time I run donotdetecter I hit, like a donkey, on next without waiting the S/N.
I use my HD2 USB cable, maybe that could cause incomplete communication.
Other question:
Why is it impossible to reset the tablet via reset hidden button, I try unsuccessfully to run the porcedure

Thx

timmyDean
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 209
Quote:
Thx Timmy for your answer

For me the procedure is respected
I see tablet folders in file explorer in W7 so I think the communication is established.
The only thing was, the first time I run donotdetecter I hit, like a donkey, on next without waiting the S/N.
I use my HD2 USB cable, maybe that could cause incomplete communication.
Other question:
Why is it impossible to reset the tablet via reset hidden button, I try unsuccessfully to run the porcedure

Thx
You'll need to do some more reading. But, if you are talking about the little hole called reset, where you can take a paperclip and put in the hole to press the reset button, then you are miss-understanding the purpose of the reset button.

The reset button on an ACER only reboots the unit (resets the power). People assume however that reset means reset the OS when it fact it only reboots.

TD

Dad57
Old
(Last edited by Dad57; 20th January 2012 at 08:57 PM.) Reason: solved
Thanks Meter 1

That's the error I get

I'm ok to say that it's a communication error but how is it possible to browse folders on the tablet and have communication problems ???

Solved

It was a wrong Iconia driver

timmyDean
Old
(Last edited by timmyDean; 20th January 2012 at 09:10 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 209
Quote:

That's the error I get

I'm ok to say that it's a communication error but how is it possible to browse folders on the tablet and have communication problems ???

Two TOTALLY different drivers my friend. You need the flash drivers loaded and you need the ADB (android debugging bridge) drivers. The reason you see this message it means YOU DO NOT have the APX/ADB drivers loaded or if they are then the tablet is not recognizing going into APX mode and will have to be forced into APX mode with a paperclip. That is why you are getting that message. Or, you have the tablet powered off, unplugged etc. In other words, Windows cannot talk over the ADB to put the tablet into APX mode.

For browsing, you only need a generic USB device driver. However, it requires an APX/ADB driver to flash which is different.

1. If you can run the test command when you are instructed to do so and can get your serial number. Then you have the ADB drivers loaded. If not, then you are missing them.

2. If you do have ADB installed and can get your serial number then you get this message. It means your APX driver is NOT loaded. The software sends a command over the ADB driver to put the tablet into APX mode. If ADB is working (proven by getting the serial number via test) then it is sending the APX command and the tablet is NOT going into APX mode. So either the APX drivers is NOT installed or the tablet cannot go to APX mode. If you think all your drivers are working, then follow the information on the screen to force the tablet into APX mode manually.

TD

Dad57
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Many thanks Timmy It rocks

But now.... how to install custom rom

timmyDean
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 209
Quote:
Many thanks Timmy It rocks

But now.... how to install custom rom
Read read read.

The 411, on the ACER you do something like this:

1. Download install CWM <==Requires a rooted device
2. Find a ROM you like
3. Put the ROM on your external SD Card
-- Or internal SD Card if you have the newest CWM
4. reboot to CWM
5. Follow the instructions from the ROM maker to install

TD

telemike
Old
Thanks Meter 33
I cannnot get this to work on 3.2.1 Acer turns off at the screen to enter the id number.

The Following User Says Thank You to telemike For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]