OP timmyDean

28th February 2012, 04:39 AM   |  #341  
Flag Shake City
Thanks Meter: 445

1,576 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RodyHugo

multiupload is not working, pleaseeee any caritative soul can upload the Version V3 in other server (like mediafire)?...pleaseeeee

Thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyDean

Summary:
Version V4 is the same as V3 with the only difference being that there is a NEW backdoor script which has some additional features to protect root(#) from getting broken when you do an OTA. I also applied these to this flash image so you wouldn't have to add the additional protection yourself. V4 also has the drivers for XP included. However, when taking an OTA you should also install the backdoor for additional protection. However, you cannot leave the backdoor installed as it turns off sound. So having a little more protection just might save your root in case you take an OTA and forget to install the backdoor.

Alternative download location:
http://depositfiles.com/files/c6pr69ri6
http://www.fileserve.com/file/s2wCQpN/root-3.2.1-V4.7z
http://www.filesonic.com/file/jTA7AMN
http://www.filejungle.com/f/vRnfK5/root-3.2.1-V4.7z

Not sure if v3 is still available - v4 is though.
ReadMe is in the zip folder, suggest you read thru it first before u do anything
1st March 2012, 02:56 AM   |  #342  
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
I keep getting the message that an Iconia Tab A500 is not detected. The tablet is seen by Windows, I ran as admin and tried a cold boot. I also get no devices connected with test.cmd. Thanks.
3rd March 2012, 10:55 AM   |  #343  
Sheffield

24 posts
More
My A500 arrived today and I am looking to root it. I have downloaded V4 and read through the readme... I understand everything, but have a quick question...

The zip is "root-3.2.1-V4.7z" - I guess that this refers to the Android version being 3.2.1? I have checked my tab's Android version and it is 3.2 - will this still work for me? I'm guessing so (given the thread title), but wanted to get an definitive answer from the people who brought you the tool!
3rd March 2012, 09:01 PM   |  #344  

1 posts
Talking XP issue
Quote:
Originally Posted by chupmacabre

to everyone who is having the blank screen problem with windows xp, i had it too! but i fixed it and signed up for this forum to tell you.

it must have been a driver issue. i had the sdk drivers, the current acer drivers, and the drivers from the "DotNetDetecter.exe" (should that be detector?) all trying to play together. any time i ran the DotNetDetector, windows wanted to install new hardware. of course, i was always cancelling that thinking, "aren't enough drivers present already?" well i was wrong. i finally just let windows do whatever the hell it thought it should do installing drivers automatically and it all just worked after that.

i think i saw some others also say that their data remained on the tablet, but that is not the experience i had (but i was kind of expecting it). it seems to think it's a whole different tablet now altogether actually. but oh well. it's rooted! time to start moving my purchases from market back over.. good luck everyone, i hope i was able to help, and big thanks to OP!

Great Chupmacabre, I was considering to do this just before reading your post. So I run it again and let windows find the driver instead of cancel it, AND IT WORKS!!

Now I also do have a Rooted A500 3.2.1, and I'm very glad to all those who helped me reaching this with the previous posts!
It took me around 6hour to read everything till here, but at the end it works.

I also want to thank you the people on the Ad Hoc developers thread(I can't write there yet). My tablet is also recognizing ad hoc wi-fi (the reason to root).

Hope I get able to help you soon!
4th March 2012, 03:17 PM   |  #345  

1 posts
can the rollback be done without a PC? Thanks
6th March 2012, 08:07 AM   |  #346  

26 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyDean

Version V3 released
http://www.multiupload.com/MQ6V790WUX
V3
-- In this version I simplified getting the Serial number of your tablet making it easier to flash. Please read the instructions in the readme.pdf. Many people were struggling trying to load ADB drivers and the ADB tools which the instructions said you needed to load first so you could get your serial number. The flashing tool actually loads the drivers and tools therefore, all you have to do is run the test.cmd after the drivers are loaded to get the serial number. This is now documented better, also you should not have to save the serial number in the CPUID.txt file, so I removed it.

-- I fixed the checksums during the flashing therefore you do not need to boot to recovery mode and fix them using CWM. Now your tablet will just reboot correctly after the flash.

-- I added into the flash, Busybox and SU tools for you. No need to add them later.

Bottom-line, if you installed V2 there is nothing new. V3 is just for those that struggled getting ADB working for their serial number and those that struggled installing the tools. Also, many people 'freaked' when their tablet didn't boot after the flash, because they did not read. Or they struggled with pushing the correct buttons to get into recovery mode to fix the checksums.

Enjoy,
TD

thank you..
but i can't download from there , so can you upload to other site, ex: mediafire.com

thank you so much
6th March 2012, 05:40 PM   |  #347  

2 posts
Hello . If I ROOT my tablet with this method, can I expect in mid April automatic update to ICS ? tnx
11th March 2012, 03:19 AM   |  #348  
Account currently disabled
Flag Glasgow,Scotland

21 posts
Yes you can but be sure to read the effin manual where its talks about the Backdoor for ota...cheers...

Dicht yer neb and flee awea!
11th March 2012, 01:30 PM   |  #349  

2 posts
timmyDean, awesome job, worked exactly as described.

I used root-3.2.1-V4.7 from the linked downloads on my stock, unrooted A500 with 3.2.1, ended up with a rooted A500 with 3.2.1, with Superuser app. Did wipe exist data, but not a problem.

And thanks to chrishohl for the extra instructions.
13th March 2012, 02:08 AM   |  #350  

1 posts
TimmyDean...

Just wanted to thank you bro.... Total NOOB and this worked for Me and it was easy. Got my tab today (3.2.1) and in less then 20 mins fully rooted! you are the man!

Thanks again...much appreciated keep up the good work!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread