Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,775 Members 41,095 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

ArmorSuit MilitaryShield/Skinomi TechSkin - Black Carbon Fiber Film + SP (update 2)

Tip us?

contentryder
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7

DONATE TO ME
The ArmorSuit Military Shield came in today. From looking at it:
- Comes in a box instead of a tube like Skinomi.
- Carbon fiber weaving is the same, high quality 3M brand, but the cuts aren't precise as Skinomi. Though the side cuts do trace around the power and volume rocker better instead of having a cut.
- Screen protector seems thinner, might be better for sensitivity but I'm not having any problems with Skimomi's right now.
- It's comes with the same solution tube.
- A rubber card which is better than Skinomi's plastic.
- Comes with a lint-free cloth. Something Skinomi didn't offer.
- Costs less than Skinomi by a good margin.
- They both have the same instructions.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using xda premium
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1319508773604.jpg
Views:	1097
Size:	90.7 KB
ID:	760413  
Current Phone:
LG G3 D850 Silk White 32GB

Old Phones:Samsung I337 Galaxy S 4, Samsung I747 Galaxy S III, Samsung I777 Galaxy S II, Samsung I897 Captivate, HTC Tilt 2, HTC Tilt, HTC Wizard

Smartwatch:
Samsung Galaxy Gear

speedking261
Old
(Last edited by speedking261; 25th October 2011 at 07:30 PM.)
Thanks Meter 2
BodyGuardz is giving a free set of red carbon fiber skins with the purchase of a black or white one.

http://www.bodyguardz.com/season-of-giving

I ordered mine last night before I knew about this deal

Edit:
BodyGuardz let me reorder it so I could get the extra skin. I little happiness to another wise painful day

RichardPB
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Review of ArmorSuit MilitaryShield - Screen Protector Shield -Samsung Galaxy S2

After opening the box I found the instructions to be very clear - I followed through with each step and found the process easy, quick and exactly as the instructions had suggested. I left my Samsung Galaxy S ll overnight and presto the screen guard was perfect in the morning. The MilitaryShield was precisely cut to provide perfect fitting that has an invisibly look. If you own a Samsung Galaxy phone, this is the screen protector I have found. Look on ebay or Amazon and expect to pay $4-$8. Full review at friendcommended DOT com/showreplies.php?qid=824[/url]

alacrify
Old
Thanks Meter 1945
So any final votes for one or the other (Skinomi vs. ArmorSuit)? I'm ordering one tonight or tomorrow (need something that will fit in the Samsung dock, plus I like the slimness of the phone) and from what's here so far, it sounds like a coin flip (or price).

Any weight one way or the other appreciated!

grumeau
Old
(Last edited by grumeau; 5th November 2011 at 05:41 PM.)
Thanks Meter 2
I am interested in the The ArmorSuit Military Shield full body (invisible color).
I saw on their web site the video on how to install the screen protector, but no video for the cell phone body. From some of the comments it seems pretty easy but you just need to be careful. How does the skin stick to the phone ? Do you have to use the solution spray ? Thanks for any advice.

Also has anyone tried the phone with the full body ArmorSuit Military Shield with one of those cases :
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=AMTU4SZ18PWZ4
or http://www.amazon.com/TPU-Cases-Flex...0511190&sr=1-4
Does it fit well ? Thanks in advance.

afrojoc
Old
Thanks Meter 107
Ihave the military shield and its freaking amazing. the screen is still super sensitive and it was easier then making a bowl of cereal to put on. I did use the spray to apply it but i was also careful not to let the spray get into the speaker or the side buttons when i squeegeed it out. Very good. Very protective. Unnoticeable with screen on. Id suggest you buy it if you want absolute protection.

I no longer worry about cleaning my screen anymore.

PS I bought the full body ArmorSuit but only used the screen protector and the back protector and it feels NICE! And if you buy a TPU case on top of that you'll no longer worry about your phones protection....ever... ITS SO AWESOME!!!!!!!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to afrojoc For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

afrojoc
Old
Thanks Meter 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by grumeau View Post
I am interested in the The ArmorSuit Military Shield full body (invisible color).
I saw on their web site the video on how to install the screen protector, but no video for the cell phone body. From some of the comments it seems pretty easy but you just need to be careful. How does the skin stick to the phone ? Do you have to use the solution spray ? Thanks for any advice.

Also has anyone tried the phone with the full body ArmorSuit Military Shield with one of those cases :
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=AMTU4SZ18PWZ4
or http://www.amazon.com/TPU-Cases-Flex...0511190&sr=1-4
Does it fit well ? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using xda premium

thats the exact case i have. its pretty good except I dont like the volume buttons on it. Thinking about using a precision knife to cut them out so I can actually feel the buttons click. Other wise it doesnt make the screen protection rub off or anything. Very solid feel. Pretty decent grip. Nice and cheap too
The Following User Says Thank You to afrojoc For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bkeaver
Old
Thanks Meter 466
Quote:
Originally Posted by contentryder View Post
It's a very simple install just needs patience if you want it to all line up perfectly.

so what about removal? how easy do you think it would be to take it all off? and do you see any of the corners being able to come loose?
HTC ONE M8 - gone...Gone...GONE!
HTC ONE M7 - Bootloder Unlocked / SIM Unlocked / S-OFF / SuperCID / Rooted FOR SALE
Nexus 5 - Bootloader Unlocked / Rooted
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
LG G3 Has arrived!!! <-- Current Daily Driver
LG G2 D800 running CloudyPro2 + Dorimanx 6.2 Kernel

Please Hit the THANKS Button if I have helped..

contentryder
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkeaver View Post
so what about removal? how easy do you think it would be to take it all off? and do you see any of the corners being able to come loose?
It's the same material that I used to wrap my car..it's an easy process. It doesn't leave a sticky residue. Make sure to apply heat on the corners with a blow dryer to keep it's shape on the corners. It's memory material.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alacrify View Post
So any final votes for one or the other (Skinomi vs. ArmorSuit)? I'm ordering one tonight or tomorrow (need something that will fit in the Samsung dock, plus I like the slimness of the phone) and from what's here so far, it sounds like a coin flip (or price).

Any weight one way or the other appreciated!
Skinomi has a more precise cut. Armorsuit has a better screen protector.

Current Phone:
LG G3 D850 Silk White 32GB

Old Phones:Samsung I337 Galaxy S 4, Samsung I747 Galaxy S III, Samsung I777 Galaxy S II, Samsung I897 Captivate, HTC Tilt 2, HTC Tilt, HTC Wizard

Smartwatch:
Samsung Galaxy Gear
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to contentryder For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

alacrify
Old
Thanks Meter 1945
Thanks - and thanks everybody for the feedback - I ordered the Skinomi (like the looks of the wrap better) - I'll try the Armorsuit screen protector if I don't like the Skinomi. I've never found a screen protector I liked, so I'll probably end up with both