Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,466 Members 50,127 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Review w/ VIDEO: Using a Samsung Infuse Car Dock with my Galaxy 2 Epic Touch

Tip us?

nebrando
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by hayaticik View Post
wakening commands is under the motion settings of the voice talk. turn off the Double tap option. in the car, the phone gets moved by the road and triggers the voice talk. I turned off the double tap ad it never turns on randomly now.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium
Thanks,

That is so obvious, I feel like a moron for not thinking about that.

Sent from my Samsung Epic™ 4G Touch
Phone: Nexus 5

Tablets: Asus Nexus 7 - Stock; Asus Pad 300 - Stock JB(Unlocked & Rooted)

You haven't signed up for Dropbox yet? Follow this link and we will both get free space!
http://db.tt/gxeGGMQ

JS_racer
Old
Thanks Meter 5
ground the **** out of the desktop dock and removed the back and it fits my kickstand case just fine (still looks great) . did a little at a time with a dremel. car dock there is no hope to use a case. (use the garmin mount most days, works great) still a super deal.

mpcdata
Old
Thanks Meter 829
Default Great Deal!!

Got mine for under 20 including tax.

bubbles7361
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Thanks for the great tip! Got both docks for under $20 tonight. The clerk looked confused when the price came up, but just shrugged and took my payment.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA App

DevonSloan
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Does anyone know how to cleanly (non-destructively) remove the sliding usb lock portion of the car dock? I dont want the dock app opening up, and would be happy enough just removing that bottom portion and plugging the charger directly into the phone. I dont want to just break it off, though, I'd prefer to cleanly remove it. Has anyone done this?

Thanks.

CrozB
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 83
For those of you that are still having trouble with the the doc launching a default program when docking the phone, just install the app call dock nothing. It will allow you to set that program as the default docking program and once docked it will do nothing just like the title implies.

Here is a link:
http://amzn.to/vwjQD2

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to CrozB For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gedster314
Old
Thanks Meter 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles7361 View Post
Thanks for the great tip! Got both docks for under $20 tonight. The clerk looked confused when the price came up, but just shrugged and took my payment.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA App

I just got both my docks tonight. The girl kept playing with the register till I mentioned to her that it's a special deal and the desktop dock is supposed to be 50 cents. She has an Infuse as her phone, she immediately went over and picked up a pair for herself too.

Great deal, thanks for giving us a heads up.

DevonSloan
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrozB View Post
For those of you that are still having trouble with the the doc launching a default program when docking the phone, just install the app call dock nothing. It will allow you to set that program as the default docking program and once docked it will do nothing just like the title implies.

Here is a link:
Thx. I'll try it out, but will this just be running another app instead of the stock dock app? Part of what I am trying to do is get it to run nothing extra - same as if it were just plugged in to charge.

Mikest1978
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:

Here is a link:

exactly what I've been looking for! I'll give it a try. Thanks!

JimSmith94
Old
Thanks Meter 208
Quote:

Here is a link:

Can this for example, do nothing in the car dock, but activate the dock software when in the desk dock? Or is it all or nothing?