[ROM][11/22/11][OC][FM RADIO] Doomed Froyo Slim V2.1 - 201mb + Doom Kernel V0.2

Search This thread

Urabewe

Oct 13, 2010
Doomed Froyo Slim V2.1
(Scaled down from 308mb to 201mb)
Already OC to 1.18GHz no need to do anything but flash

THANKS TO TEKHAUNA FOR THE OC MODULES HE BROUGHT US OVERCLOCKING http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1355474

Updating SuperUser is OK now, go ahead and update
Removed almost all widgets
Same Framework as Doomed Froyo so ALL themes/flashable zips made for Doomed Froyo will work with Slim version.
Same Tweaks from Doomed Froyo
OC Kernel 1188MHz/1.18GHz Doom Kernel made by me

Widgets kept:
Power control widget
Weather

Application Specific Widgets
Analog Clock (Black with green hands from DeskClock)
Calendar
Market
Music
Youtube

Removed apps:
Google maps
Google talk
Google street view
Voice search
Finance
Richnote
Live wallpapers
News
Soundrecorder
Swype
Facebook
Plenty More (horrible note taker will update with all removed apps)

Replaced Apps:
LGHome with Launcher from source code
Calculator with Calculator from source code
Alarm/Clock with DeskClock from source code

Added Apps:
DeskClock from source code (shows up as "clock" in app drawer. a sort of lockscreen, put icon on the homescreen, press it, DeskClock comes up and you can turn off screen with power button and when come back DeskClock is your lockscreen. It is actualy supposed to be a "DESK CLOCK" for when you are at a... uh desk and want easy access to music and a clock. Gallery Slideshow option does not work with newest gallery, it does work with one from source but, you can not view 3D pictures with source Gallery. Trying to fix)

Spare Parts (allows you to control speed of windows/font resizing does not stick. Better battery statistics/history)

Email original from source code

3D Button does NOTHING now just makes a nice little vibrate. It can still be used to switch between 2D/3D in games/videos/pictures.

Increase speed of phone by going into spare parts and set Window transitions/Transition animations to FAST

Launcher includes a bunch of wallpapers including a few from Nexus

I suggest using Titanium Backup to make a full backup of all system apps/data BEFORE you install this rom. If there is something missing you want back or want to replace one of the switched out apks, you can use Titanium to do it

On fresh install settings will FC on first boot. Just ignore it, it happens because of some of the things I took out. Will be trying to fix this. Settings will work just fine and FC only happens on first boot.

Install:

1) Download the zip from link below.

2)Put the zip on your external SD card.

3) Boot into CWM with Vol Down+3D Camera+Power.

4) BACK UP YOUR CURRENT ROM!!!!!!

5) Perform Factory Wipe

6) Install zip from SD

7) Reboot and enjoy!

GET IT HERE:

V2.1 http://www.multiupload.com/S6YZWCVFBA

V2.0 http://www.multiupload.com/S5H48EUHKR

V1.0.1http://www.multiupload.com/4RMQ7CL33Q

Deleted Appshttp://www.multiupload.com/IBDMFHWGA7
You will probably need to use a root explorer to place these apks into the /system/app folder and restart.

CHANGE LOG:

V2.1 - Updated kernel to V0.2
Kernel Adds (lowmemorykiller, adj tweaks, wifi, data, OC) Basically more speed

V2.0 - Went back to stock music app and calendar
Restored live wallpapers
Included FM Radio
Now includes Doom Kernel (stock with OC)
Changed bootanimation (will change later)

V1.0.1 - Fixed a problem with the search capactive button and search function on Launcher Menu not working.

Attachments

• livewallpapers.zip
    948.8 KB · Views: 87
  • Gallery3D.apk
    813.8 KB · Views: 183
Last edited:

Urabewe

Oct 13, 2010
For me it works great, can't complain... location based finds me within 20-30 meters and GPS locks on pretty quick to be on safe side I would say within a minute. You will have to install maps from a backup or from market it has been removed.

ookami614

Jan 10, 2011
Is thereany known issues with this rom or does everything work?

Sent from my LG-P925 using XDA App

Urabewe

Oct 13, 2010
None that I can think of right now. It is stable and definitely ready for everyday use. You shouldn't have any problems. If you do post them here.

Reactions: robertmoore208

AzraelsVoice

Apr 4, 2010
Sweet! Will be downloading and flashing as soon as I can get to work tomorrow and download it! Keep up the good work!

ookami614

Jan 10, 2011
Would you say that this rom is faster then thriller? I'm looking for speed and smoothness, thriller is...alright at best but I've been getting a lot of freezes and restarts:-\

Urabewe

Oct 13, 2010
Would you say that this rom is faster then thriller? I'm looking for speed and smoothness, thriller is...alright at best but I've been getting a lot of freezes and restarts:-\

I would like to think it is faster than Thriller... :p It probably is because it is quite slimmed down there has been a lot taken off of it. The rom is actually based off of Thriller 1.0.3, I haven't had any restarts or problems and I haven't had anyone reporting any problems so I do believe it is pretty stable.

The best thing to do is to download it, go into CWM make a nandroid backup with the "backup and restore" option, then flash this rom and see how you like it. If you don't like, or you have problems just go back into CWM and restore your old setup. It will bring back all your data, sms, contacts, apps everything all of it.

Urabewe

Oct 13, 2010
I fixed a problem with the search capactive button and the search on home screen menu not working correctly.

You can either download and flash new rom, no need to do a data wipe.

You can also restore "Google Search" in your backup app (Titanium Backup) it must be a system app for the button to work. I thought it would work as long as it was installed but this isn't the case, it has to be installed with the system or into system/apps

AeRo0

Dec 19, 2007
Great work :) is there a way you can upload a zip w/ the stuff that's removed so we can pick and choose which apks and widgets to install if its not too much trouble.

Edit: mainly the application manager app i miss it already :'(

Last edited:

Urabewe

Oct 13, 2010
Great work :) is there a way you can upload a zip w/ the stuff that's removed so we can pick and choose which apks and widgets to install if its not too much trouble.

Edit: mainly the application manager app i miss it already :'(

I can do that NP....

BATTERY UPDATE: Been running this for a bit and I was absolutely shocked when I woke up.

The shot in OP with the widgets and icons is my homescreen. Turned wifi off and had music player open and paused, data network off as well. When I went to sleep, battery was at 30%, when I wake up... still at 30%. Here is a shot, notice android system is only 29% even right now it has only gone up to 30% usage as I type this. Starting to make me wonder if it isnt showing right.... which I am sure it is... just cant believe that after 8 hours it hasnt budged. Also, when I unplugged the phone, it wasnt even charged to 100%. Will give an update on what time it finally dies on me.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1319026832187.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1319026832187.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 252

AzraelsVoice

Apr 4, 2010
I can do that NP....

BATTERY UPDATE: Been running this for a bit and I was absolutely shocked when I woke up.

The shot in OP with the widgets and icons is my homescreen. Turned wifi off and had music player open and paused, data network off as well. When I went to sleep, battery was at 30%, when I wake up... still at 30%. Here is a shot, notice android system is only 29% even right now it has only gone up to 30% usage as I type this. Starting to make me wonder if it isnt showing right.... which I am sure it is... just cant believe that after 8 hours it hasnt budged. Also, when I unplugged the phone, it wasnt even charged to 100%. Will give an update on what time it finally dies on me.

That's INSANE! Very eager to hear how that goes for you!

Sent from my LG-P925 using xda premium

kiltedthrower

Sep 23, 2010
If you're able to get that good of battery life to the rest of us, I think we should all donate beer to you.

AzraelsVoice

Apr 4, 2010
I know! I'm a homebrewed, and that would call for a special batch!

Sent from my LG-P925 using xda premium

Urabewe

Oct 13, 2010
Well unfortunately I had to charge the phone a bit because I left the house and needed my phone... will see what happens today... I didn't do anything special it was just slim and wifi off. I use no task killers or anything like that. Will report again on battery stats and will have the zip up with the deleted apks later as well.

PROTIP: For those that don't know. Go to settings, wireless n networks, wifi settings, press menu capactive button, choose advances, set wifi sleep policy to off when screen is off... save battery

Last edited:

latinohot

PROTIP: For those that don't know. Go to settings, wireless n networks, wifi settings, press menu capactive button, choose advances, set wifi sleep policy to off when screen is off... save battery

but then you loose the convinience of having screen off and playing music for example, or downloading something, it just looses that ability:rolleyes:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Doomed Froyo Slim V2.1
    (Scaled down from 308mb to 201mb)
    Already OC to 1.18GHz no need to do anything but flash

THANKS TO TEKHAUNA FOR THE OC MODULES HE BROUGHT US OVERCLOCKING http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1355474

Updating SuperUser is OK now, go ahead and update
    Removed almost all widgets
    Same Framework as Doomed Froyo so ALL themes/flashable zips made for Doomed Froyo will work with Slim version.
    Same Tweaks from Doomed Froyo
    OC Kernel 1188MHz/1.18GHz Doom Kernel made by me

Widgets kept:
    Power control widget
    Weather

Application Specific Widgets
    Analog Clock (Black with green hands from DeskClock)
    Calendar
    Market
    Music
    Youtube

Removed apps:
    Google maps
    Google talk
    Google street view
    Voice search
    Finance
    Richnote
    Live wallpapers
    News
    Soundrecorder
    Swype
    Facebook
    Plenty More (horrible note taker will update with all removed apps)

Replaced Apps:
    LGHome with Launcher from source code
    Calculator with Calculator from source code
    Alarm/Clock with DeskClock from source code

Added Apps:
    DeskClock from source code (shows up as "clock" in app drawer. a sort of lockscreen, put icon on the homescreen, press it, DeskClock comes up and you can turn off screen with power button and when come back DeskClock is your lockscreen. It is actualy supposed to be a "DESK CLOCK" for when you are at a... uh desk and want easy access to music and a clock. Gallery Slideshow option does not work with newest gallery, it does work with one from source but, you can not view 3D pictures with source Gallery. Trying to fix)

Spare Parts (allows you to control speed of windows/font resizing does not stick. Better battery statistics/history)

Email original from source code

3D Button does NOTHING now just makes a nice little vibrate. It can still be used to switch between 2D/3D in games/videos/pictures.

Increase speed of phone by going into spare parts and set Window transitions/Transition animations to FAST

Launcher includes a bunch of wallpapers including a few from Nexus

I suggest using Titanium Backup to make a full backup of all system apps/data BEFORE you install this rom. If there is something missing you want back or want to replace one of the switched out apks, you can use Titanium to do it

On fresh install settings will FC on first boot. Just ignore it, it happens because of some of the things I took out. Will be trying to fix this. Settings will work just fine and FC only happens on first boot.

Install:

1) Download the zip from link below.

2)Put the zip on your external SD card.

3) Boot into CWM with Vol Down+3D Camera+Power.

4) BACK UP YOUR CURRENT ROM!!!!!!

5) Perform Factory Wipe

6) Install zip from SD

7) Reboot and enjoy!

GET IT HERE:

V2.1 http://www.multiupload.com/S6YZWCVFBA

V2.0 http://www.multiupload.com/S5H48EUHKR

V1.0.1http://www.multiupload.com/4RMQ7CL33Q

Deleted Appshttp://www.multiupload.com/IBDMFHWGA7
    You will probably need to use a root explorer to place these apks into the /system/app folder and restart.

CHANGE LOG:

V2.1 - Updated kernel to V0.2
    Kernel Adds (lowmemorykiller, adj tweaks, wifi, data, OC) Basically more speed

V2.0 - Went back to stock music app and calendar
    Restored live wallpapers
    Included FM Radio
    Now includes Doom Kernel (stock with OC)
    Changed bootanimation (will change later)

V1.0.1 - Fixed a problem with the search capactive button and search function on Launcher Menu not working.
    Making stock gingerbread theme for this build... and original doomed froyo build

Sent from my LG Thrill 4G...
    Another small update, now includes the Doom Kernel V0.2 and also removed a few things that weren't even being used to reduce size. More good things on the way. Doom Kernel V0.2 actually adds a lot of speed to the phone check it out.
    None that I can think of right now. It is stable and definitely ready for everyday use. You shouldn't have any problems. If you do post them here.
    Heres a link to 2.1v if op wants me to take it down just say so just helping those who dont have it can get it ;) Like to add the battery life is awesome with this rom.

http://www.4shared.com/zip/WXQa-tvV/Doomed_Froyo_Slim_V21.html