Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,420 Members 37,462 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[QUESTION]Ice Cream Sandwich on Galaxy Tab?

Tip us?

yogirk
Old
(Last edited by yogirk; 19th October 2011 at 08:24 AM.) Reason: damn typos
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Wink [QUESTION]Ice Cream Sandwich on Galaxy Tab?

I know it has been announced only a few hours ago and the source is not available yet. But, when Google finally releases the source code, will there ever be a ROM for the original Galaxy Tab?

I am curious because the answer to this question will help me resist the new tablet temptation :P

bongski55
Old
Thanks Meter 210
Having a hard time with HC, I doubt it with ICS....even the GB ROMs are not very polished, like Overcome causes warming up problem....

Djoudje
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default It can be short...

Maybe it will arrive sooner as we think, not with cyanogenmod, even if i want it on my tab, but with MIUI, I just read on the MIUIteam fr that MIUI have the source since they have the status of developpers with the XIAOMI, and they are already work on the Mi-one and the two nexus, so maybe the us team who develop the MIUI Rom for our tab will be able to port ISC on the galaxy tab?
I just hope that we can have ISC on our tab before Christmans it will be great!

tarantulae
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Red face ICS

From the news:
"Gabe Cohen from Google claims that most Gingerbread devices may have an upgrade to Android 4.0, claiming that it is theoretically compatible with any Android 2.3.x device"

Riki1kenobi
Old
Thanks Meter 78
I would presume (going off the little snippits of info I've gleaned) that almost ANY device will be able to run ICS in some capacity or another since it is designed to be all encompassing. (Think Ubuntu for comparison) Admittedly some older devices will struggle due to the specs but this is the same for every old device.

I could be completely WAY-OFF the mark but I believe el-goog is heading down the Canonical Road and pretty soon we will have OS's that just play well together, be it on mobile, laptop, PC, TV yadda yadda yadda......and then we'll see a small moon appear on the horizon

No wait, "That's not a moon.....It's a SPACE STATION!" cue dramatic music and suddenly everyone and their dog will be screaming "IT'S A TRAAAAAP!" "TURN THIS SHIP AROUND!" but by then we'll all be caught in the tractor beam and headed for a Schwartz-off with Dark Helmet......

Jus sayin

herrquark
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Developers get new devices and forget about old ones. Time's working against us...

Andy
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 5,295

DONATE TO ME
In future, post [QUESTIONS] in your separate Q&A section.

The next thread I see in the General section, that asks a [QUESTION] will be deleted, the user will receive a Warning.
-
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein
"Tech support PMs will be ignored" - Andy

felipefill
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I believe there will be a rom, not before Christmas tho

At least not a stable one.

omr911
Old
Thanks Meter 1,505
Will Samsung release ICS for Galaxy Tab ??

ani55
Old
(Last edited by ani55; 19th October 2011 at 05:07 PM.)
Thanks Meter 324
Do you think people will port it or wait for source code.

Tags
android 4.0, ice cream sandwich, rom