Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,801 Members 44,242 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Folio3xx v0.4(Honeycomb for Folio 100)

Tip us?

mr.gonzoo
Old
(Last edited by mr.gonzoo; 7th December 2011 at 04:02 PM.)
Thanks Meter 2
Hello guys!
I'm a new Toshiba Folio user (I bought one about 4 days ago in a bargain and of course, firstly I updated the rom. I'm quite happy with the HC port but I've got few issues that really irritates me.

Firstly, the smoothness: I've flashed the 0.4 version, CWM, then installed the SOD fix, optimization script, yt fix, yeah and that''s all. I tried to install the OC kernel (from the link in #1 post), but after then all I get is just bootloop (or maybe it's more like the HC is not booting up).
Without the OC kernel it happens to freeze and crash so often, that's really annoying!
Could you possibly tell me what's wrong? I'm flashing wrong kernel? I've got no idea.

Secondly, the support of ntfs and usb 3g support. Is it possible to flash updates from our forum? Link#1: 3G, Link #2 ntfs.

Jon2555
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 238
OC kernel:
Flash it with ORIGINAL recovery

3G:
It working

NTFS:
It should be ok
ICS AOSP 4.0.1 Port for Folio 100

ICS CM9 4.0.3 Port for ThinkPad Tablet

Toshiba Folio 100 roms:
CM10.1

Samsung I5700 Galaxy Spica:
CM7

Huawei Ideos S7:
Stock 2.2 non-rooted rom

Ipad 2:
IOS 6.0.1 Jalibroken

HTC One X:
Stock Jelly Bean

Make A Freshly New DropBox Account And Get 250 MB For Free

mr.gonzoo
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Well... I've erased recovery.img via fastboot, then flashed original recovery from your signature, chaged name of OC patch to update.zip and tried to flash it, but then, after while I've seen a picture of ! (hardreset.eu/images/nexus_one_android_hard_reset_3.jpg) and nothing had happend. How to do it?

Jon2555
Old
(Last edited by Jon2555; 7th December 2011 at 07:11 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 238
press home to load menu and reboot from it

Toshiba Folio 100 roms:
CM10.1

CM7

Huawei Ideos S7:
Stock 2.2 non-rooted rom

Ipad 2:
IOS 6.0.1 Jalibroken

HTC One X:
Stock Jelly Bean

laraaj
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hello everyone and thanks Jon2555 for keeping the toshiba folio development community together after Dexter left. when are you gonna be posting the "Mixed Package With Root And OC Kernel", I already used the imagine by Dexter FolioComb 3xx v0.3a, very buggy camera doesn't work alot of softwares crashes or don't work no video playback for videos other than MP4. i wish i knew some Java to help you guys, but i'm a boune shell programmer and i have an advanced experience with linux and unix if you needed any help with shell.

mr.gonzoo
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Oh, gash... Next noobish question:
Why it says 'installation aborded'?
That's log:
Quote:
-- Install from sdcard...
Finding update package...
E:Can't mount /dev/block/mmcblk1p1
(No such file or directory)
E:Can't mound SDCARD:update.zip
Installation aborded.
Formatting MISC:...
Of course, I named the OC kernel as 'update.zip' and placed it on the root of sdcard.

Jon2555
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 238
Did you insert it to tablet?

Toshiba Folio 100 roms:
CM10.1

CM7

Huawei Ideos S7:
Stock 2.2 non-rooted rom

Ipad 2:
IOS 6.0.1 Jalibroken

HTC One X:
Stock Jelly Bean

mr.gonzoo
Old
(Last edited by mr.gonzoo; 7th December 2011 at 09:05 PM.)
Thanks Meter 2
We're now talking about the /sdcard/ or /sd-ext/ card?

//Edit: Gash, I'm such a noob at tablets! Been using CWM for so long that I forgot how to use original recovery... I haven't know that original recovery flash files from external sd, not internal. Can be troublesome for new users (like me ).
Jon2555, thanks a lot for your help! Please, keep developing our folios .

Now it's so smooth! Love it!

laraaj
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hello again, can you please tell me what's wrong with my tablet i applied the latest rom hopping it will help me run all the applications normally, but still most of them crashes i installed all the patches and the OC kernel patch and i'm trying to overclock the cpu. but i can't run CPU mater i keep getting a message like this with most applications i need "Sorry! The application CPU Mater free (process com.antutu.CpuMasterFree) has stopped unexpectedly. please try again." same problem with Firefox, Opera, Camera, Adobe reader, and most applications i really need this tablet for. so how could you people run CPU mater and Opera at least and does the Camera works for you ?

bartsled
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by laraaj View Post
Hello again, can you please tell me what's wrong with my tablet i applied the latest rom hopping it will help me run all the applications normally, but still most of them crashes i installed all the patches and the OC kernel patch and i'm trying to overclock the cpu. but i can't run CPU mater i keep getting a message like this with most applications i need "Sorry! The application CPU Mater free (process com.antutu.CpuMasterFree) has stopped unexpectedly. please try again." same problem with Firefox, Opera, Camera, Adobe reader, and most applications i really need this tablet for. so how could you people run CPU mater and Opera at least and does the Camera works for you ?
You have to do a 'fastboot -w' via ADB.