Post Reply

PSN Store on Xperia Play

OP yifanlu

19th October 2011, 11:24 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 218
 
265 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
I got the PS Store that came out for the Tablet S to work on the Play. However, it says "This service is not available in your country/region." I get the same error trying to buy PS1 games from the android marketplace, so I don't know if it is an error just on my phone. I'm posting this just in case it works on anyone else's play. Post your model number & software version. Like so:

Model: R800i
Version: 4.0.A.2.368 with stock kernel

Anyways the APK to the PSStore is here: http://pss.dl.playstation.net/pss/store/apk/PSStore.apk

To get it to work on your Play, you can either extract the file and remove "<uses-library android:name="com.playstation.playstationcertified " />" from the androidmanifest.xml file and repackage/resign it or (only on rooted phones):
1) Download http://www.mediafire.com/?g10lqu35b139mlb
2) Push "com.playstation.playstationcertified.jar" to /system/framework
3) Push "com.playstation.playstationcertified.xml" to /system/etc/permissions
4) Reboot
(If it doesn't work, both files need to be chmod 644 and chown root.root)
Then you can install the APK as is.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to yifanlu For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th October 2011, 12:19 AM   |  #2  
Atze_Kraut's Avatar
Member
Flag Wuppertal
Thanks Meter: 5
 
99 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yifanlu

I got the PS Store that came out for the Tablet S to work on the Play. However, it says "This service is not available in your country/region." I get the same error trying to buy PS1 games from the android marketplace, so I don't know if it is an error just on my phone. I'm posting this just in case it works on anyone else's play. Post your model number & software version. Like so:

Model: R800i
Version: 4.0.A.2.368 with stock kernel

Anyways the APK to the PSStore is here: http://pss.dl.playstation.net/pss/store/apk/PSStore.apk

To get it to work on your Play, you can either extract the file and remove "<uses-library android:name="com.playstation.playstationcertified " />" from the androidmanifest.xml file and repackage/resign it or (only on rooted phones):
1) Download http://www.mediafire.com/?g10lqu35b139mlb
2) Push "com.playstation.playstationcertified.jar" to /system/framework
3) Push "com.playstation.playstationcertified.xml" to /system/etc/permissions
4) Reboot
(If it doesn't work, both files need to be chmod 644 and chown root.root)
Then you can install the APK as is.


after I moved the files, I was able to install the application. nice

But after a reboot and start the application I get the message: An error has occurred. (8008002F)
20th October 2011, 12:53 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 218
 
265 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atze_Kraut

after I moved the files, I was able to install the application. nice

But after a reboot and start the application I get the message: An error has occurred. (8008002F)

I got they when I modified the APK. Did you modify the APK?
20th October 2011, 06:36 AM   |  #4  
Cat_On_Droid's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 124
 
1,056 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
i'll try this on 2.3.4 . will post back how succesful/unsuccesful it was.

---------- Post added at 06:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:28 AM ----------

Application is installed EASILY with NO problems on 2.3.4

HOWEVER! After i agree with the user agreement and input my D.O.B i get the service not availbile in your country..


-_-
20th October 2011, 09:16 AM   |  #5  
AndroHero's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 907
 
6,478 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
More
It's not the playstation store. It's just there version of the playstation pocket app.

Sent from my R800i using Tapatalk
20th October 2011, 09:45 AM   |  #6  
Atze_Kraut's Avatar
Member
Flag Wuppertal
Thanks Meter: 5
 
99 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yifanlu

I got they when I modified the APK. Did you modify the APK?


I've tried the second option. But I do not know how I'm doing chown?
20th October 2011, 10:47 AM   |  #7  
Cat_On_Droid's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 124
 
1,056 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
breaking discovery

if you select your country of residence as japan you get into the store! (2.3.4)

pics to follow







hope you can see them..
Last edited by Cat_On_Droid; 20th October 2011 at 11:01 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cat_On_Droid For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th October 2011, 12:59 PM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 218
 
265 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat_On_Droid

breaking discovery

if you select your country of residence as japan you get into the store! (2.3.4)

pics to follow







hope you can see them..

Yup, I can do that too. Can tablet owners in America access the store? I tried most other english speaking countries and none of them work. My ultimate goal is purchasing a PS1 game and seeing how the emulator changed.
20th October 2011, 01:07 PM   |  #9  
CrimsonKnight13's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Norfolk, VA, USA
Thanks Meter: 252
 
685 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2009
More
Is it possible to install a modified apk on an unrooted R800x? I'd like to try it out myself if anyone is willing to attach a working copy for testing.

Note: I'm waiting for a free way to unlock/root my phone, so please bear with my phone's lack for the time being. I'm very willing to test anyting on it that doesn't require root.
20th October 2011, 01:38 PM   |  #10  
Cat_On_Droid's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 124
 
1,056 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by yifanlu

Yup, I can do that too. Can tablet owners in America access the store? I tried most other english speaking countries and none of them work. My ultimate goal is purchasing a PS1 game and seeing how the emulator changed.

i dont know...but try setting your country of residence as Japan,and buy a game from there (600Y = around 7 or 8 usd =/ )

remember to update your phone to 2.3.4 FW , that way its 'natural' way xD

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Xperia Play Android Development by ThreadRank