Post Reply

[HOWTO] ROOT T-Mobile SGSII via ODIN -- Updated Recovery

OP |Melvin|

8th May 2012, 10:20 AM   |  #811  
Teo032's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 618
 
2,530 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
More
Not trying to hijack the thread, but the links in my thread are almost permanent because they're direct links from the source or loaded onto xda.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1514434

Oh and they should help some troubleshooting for the noobs

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to Teo032 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th May 2012, 02:38 AM   |  #812  
vigorito's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 14
 
421 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2010
guys this file *Clockworkmod which you are going to flash via ODIN which i cant anywhere needs to be copyed to root of internal card right?

I mean i need to copy to root of internal card therse files:

odin
clockwork recovery img

and su on external card?
or su on internal? Plus how i can choose which im gonna to use? and which su i can use 3.0.5 or 3.0.7? 2.3.6 os android version
Last edited by vigorito; 15th May 2012 at 05:23 AM.
16th May 2012, 02:01 AM   |  #813  
DoodleRay's Avatar
Member
Flag Brooklyn, New York (:
Thanks Meter: 0
 
50 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2012
Clockwork link isn't working.. anybody got a new link or something?
16th May 2012, 03:00 AM   |  #814  
Atmazzz's Avatar
Senior Member
North Carolina
Thanks Meter: 209
 
422 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoodleRay

Clockwork link isn't working.. anybody got a new link or something?

Check this thread.

And this thread.
16th May 2012, 12:29 PM   |  #815  
sinfulgray's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag St. Petersburg, FL
Thanks Meter: 330
 
742 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vigorito

guys this file *Clockworkmod which you are going to flash via ODIN which i cant anywhere needs to be copyed to root of internal card right?

I mean i need to copy to root of internal card therse files:

odin
clockwork recovery img

and su on external card?
or su on internal? Plus how i can choose which im gonna to use? and which su i can use 3.0.5 or 3.0.7? 2.3.6 os android version



No you dont put either on sd card only the su-3.0.5-efgh-signed.zip file goes on the sd card.

Odin is a program ran from a pc and the recovery.tar has to also be on your pc to be accessed by odin when you run it.

Once you flash recovery.tar with odin then you flash su-3.0.5-efgh-signed.zip via recovery.
20th May 2012, 10:37 AM   |  #816  
jspina's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag porter ranch
Thanks Meter: 149
 
668 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
Donate to Me
More
Before I try to talk someone into letting me root their phone... Why is it that people brick this phone? Is it because of different hboots (or whatever its called on this phone) or are people skipping things? because compared to the two htc phones that I rooted with ease this seams like a peace of cake!
20th May 2012, 05:51 PM   |  #817  
Towle's Avatar
Forum Moderator
Flag Minnesota
Thanks Meter: 1,854
 
3,303 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jspina

Before I try to talk someone into letting me root their phone... Why is it that people brick this phone? Is it because of different hboots (or whatever its called on this phone) or are people skipping things? because compared to the two htc phones that I rooted with ease this seams like a peace of cake!

This phone is very easy to root. The only reason people brick is because they don't read. Just make sure you follow the instructions, and DON'T flash ANYTHING for a different GS2! There have been many people who have bricked from trying to flash a rom from the International s2 etc.

This phone is nothing like htc. Just use Odin to flash CWM, then you put a rom on your sd card and flash it like usual. No hboot to worry about, no having to enter commands into an emulator or anything.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium
Last edited by Towle; 20th May 2012 at 05:54 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Towle For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th May 2012, 11:14 PM   |  #818  
jspina's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag porter ranch
Thanks Meter: 149
 
668 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towle

This phone is very easy to root. The only reason people brick is because they don't read. Just make sure you follow the instructions, and DON'T flash ANYTHING for a different GS2! There have been many people who have bricked from trying to flash a rom from the International s2 etc.

This phone is nothing like htc. Just use Odin to flash CWM, then you put a rom on your sd card and flash it like usual. No hboot to worry about, no having to enter commands into an emulator or anything.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium

Yeah that is my favorite thing about samsung phones...except the I9100 from what I hear... But I don't like touch wiz in comparison to sense...
I may have to try this then... Thanks for the answer

Sent from my HTC Desire Z using XDA
27th May 2012, 03:16 AM   |  #819  
Senior Member
Flag Gretna
Thanks Meter: 16
 
376 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
More
I have CWM installed, followed directions completely. I have tried placing the su.zip on the SD, and the Internal.
Everytime it tries to install it, it gives me an error, and in () is says (bad)
Does this mean that the file is bad?
Did i do something wrong?
I placed it on the internal first. Should it be inside of a folder or something?

Any suggestions or a link to a good file would help.
27th May 2012, 03:27 AM   |  #820  
Towle's Avatar
Forum Moderator
Flag Minnesota
Thanks Meter: 1,854
 
3,303 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by primus123

I have CWM installed, followed directions completely. I have tried placing the su.zip on the SD, and the Internal.
Everytime it tries to install it, it gives me an error, and in () is says (bad)
Does this mean that the file is bad?
Did i do something wrong?
I placed it on the internal first. Should it be inside of a folder or something?

Any suggestions or a link to a good file would help.

No folder, just on the root of external sd. It does take people a few tries sometimes to get it to work. If it keeps failing, you could try to re download it.

You can get all of your downloads here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1639771

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium
Last edited by Towle; 27th May 2012 at 03:34 AM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools
Display Modes


Top Threads in T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S II Android Development by ThreadRank