Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,336 Members 36,471 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Theme] Ice Cream Sandwich [TABLET TWEAKED][CM7]

Tip us?

joenathane
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 536
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmbrug View Post
When I click the download link in the original post, I get a zip filled with folders and files (assets, META-INF, RES, etc.). I cannot find an .apk file.

Am I doing something wrong? Thanks!
All the links except the Beautiful Weather themes are to APK files, it seems like you are unzipping the APK files.

IFLATLINEI
Old
Thanks Meter 44
Default Thanks joenathane

Thanks for all your hard work putting this theme together. I came to the party rather late and unfortunately I'm using it in a less than perfect state but love it anyways. So my notification windows is broken. I don't need it. There's also a little blue circle on my task bar that I assume doesn't belong but it doesn't look bad sitting there. I'm probably going to keep using it. Hell maybe ill try to fix it (Yeah right!). Atleast till I'm ready for ICS and ICS is ready for me.

With that being said....is there no one who can fix it? Hahaha kidding.....but not really lol. Anyways best of luck in future projects and thanks again. Best theme I've ever had for the Nook Color.

j8048188
Old
Thanks Meter 33
That happened when I was using mirage. Back to cm 7.2 and it works fine. Use the compatibility theme with mirage.
The Following User Says Thank You to j8048188 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

IFLATLINEI
Old
Thanks Meter 44
Awesome! Thanks for the tip. Works perfectly!

les02jen17
Old
Thanks Meter 81

DONATE TO ME
Hey, joenathane. Been a long time. I was one of your avid followers on this thread of yours before I has my Nook Color pawned. xD I just got it back and I'm trying to make the theme work and for some reason I'm having trouble with it. Last time I checked, there was a flashable zip that I also need to flash via recovery but now I only see an APK on the OP. Does the APK has all it needs to function correctly? I'm getting FCs whenever I try applying it via Theme Chooser.

joenathane
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 536
Quote:
Originally Posted by les02jen17 View Post
Hey, joenathane. Been a long time. I was one of your avid followers on this thread of yours before I has my Nook Color pawned. xD I just got it back and I'm trying to make the theme work and for some reason I'm having trouble with it. Last time I checked, there was a flashable zip that I also need to flash via recovery but now I only see an APK on the OP. Does the APK has all it needs to function correctly? I'm getting FCs whenever I try applying it via Theme Chooser.
What's good dude? Been a long time.

I've haven't had a nook for for the better part of a year now and my HP Touchpad is running CM9.

Try the compatibility version, it's not as fully featured but the regular version redirects some XMLs from the systemui.apk, those XMLs are very build specific, that is why you are getting those FCs.

(The flashable zip you remember used to replace those XMLs but I figured out how to make the theme chooser do that).
The Following User Says Thank You to joenathane For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

les02jen17
Old
Thanks Meter 81

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by joenathane View Post
What's good dude? Been a long time.

I've haven't had a nook for for the better part of a year now and my HP Touchpad is running CM9.

Try the compatibility version, it's not as fully featured but the regular version redirects some XMLs from the systemui.apk, those XMLs are very build specific, that is why you are getting those FCs.

(The flashable zip you remember used to replace those XMLs but I figured out how to make the theme chooser do that).
@joenathane: compatibility mode solved it. Though I kinda miss the feature wherein we can have the back button as the first soft button on the left then home, then menu, then quick notifications... I remember we used to do that with flashable zips after applying the theme. I guess you can't bring that back, since you don't have Thanks anyways man. Anyone still watching joe's thread that still have those files?

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk 2

joenathane
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 536
Quote:
Originally Posted by les02jen17 View Post
@joenathane: compatibility mode solved it. Though I kinda miss the feature wherein we can have the back button as the first soft button on the left then home, then menu, then quick notifications... I remember we used to do that with flashable zips after applying the theme. I guess you can't bring that back, since you don't have Thanks anyways man. Anyone still watching joe's thread that still have those files?

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk 2
The files would have to be updated to match the newer build you are using, that's why you get force closes with the standard version.

I could try to make a newer build of the theme when I have some free time in the up coming days, but it may be near to impossible since I have no way to test. Don't expect anything but I'll look into it.

Also, if anyone wants to take over where I left off, feel free to use my work, I have zero issues with that.
The Following User Says Thank You to joenathane For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tuffasagong
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Hey, this is a really nice theme, thanks alot. I started trying CM10 betas for the Nook Color but I was having too many issues, so went back to CM 7.2 and at least it looks a bit like CM10 till they get it more stable. Thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to tuffasagong For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

joenathane
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 536
I'm going to recompile this theme for the CM 7.2 stable, for all those staying with Gingerbread, expect the build in within the next couple of days.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to joenathane For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]