Enable the Hidden Notification LED on the Google Nexus 6!

LED notification lights have existed on Android devices since the very beginnings … more

MX Player Ready to Rock on Lollipop

A good video player should be reliable and free. One of the XDA Community Apps, MX Player, meets both of … more

How to Disable Data Encryption on Nexus 6

In late September, Google decided to step on NSA’s toes and turn on encryption by default in … more

DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ Review – XDA TV

The holidays will be here in no time, so why not start thinking about gifts now? Youll be ahead … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

miui problems

OP Chyrio

1st April 2012, 08:50 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 43

353 posts
hey guys miui is pissing me off big time. for the last three releases the phone app keeps force closing with a "com.android.phone has force closed" error ever since like january. thats the only problem with these releases. if i turn data off, it works just fine with receiving and making calls but with data on nothing. if i make a call i can hear the call in the background like if i call voice mail i can hear the lady being like "you have no messages" but while i can hear that the force close app is in my face. if i hit force close, the service like resets itself like the bars get the X on them and it says no service then it regains it. please help i tried copying the phone apk from an older miui release but miui wont let me install it it says its installing but then its like "app was not installed".
1st April 2012, 10:33 AM   |  #2  
Flag owosso
Thanks Meter: 142

712 posts
More
Well with the phone apk you'll most likely have to push it with adb or with a file manager to your system apps
1st April 2012, 03:20 PM   |  #3  
Recognized Developer
Flag Garrett, IN
Thanks Meter: 28,617

15,644 posts
Donate to Me
More
You can't just install a system app the way you do with a normal app. You have to use adb to push it to the system or use a root browser to put it in the system apps, but don't forget to change the permissions before you reboot and you should be golden. You might wanna try a FULL wipe and fresh install tho

---------- Post added at 09:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 AM ----------

I would also recommend trying MIUI Pyromod v1.0 if you like MIUI enough to be going without data
1st April 2012, 03:46 PM   |  #4  
Flag Columbus
Thanks Meter: 2,807

5,136 posts
Donate to Me
More
I would try a FULL wipe, I used to run MIUI on the Speedy from time to time and never had these issues.

Go into recovery select mounts and storage and then format system,format SD EXT IF IT'S PRESENT don't wipe the SD card just the EXT. Then format data and format cache, head back to the main menu of recovery and select advanced and wipe dalvik cache.(some say the dalvik part is redundant BUT I do it anyways and have never had a flawed flash with this wipe method and I'm about 2k flashes in lol)I hope this helps you in some way

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk
2nd April 2012, 08:14 AM   |  #5  
Flag Pingdingshan,Henan,China
Thanks Meter: 6

21 posts
More
My MIUI for EVO Shift is well.
The problem is from framework.jar's CdmaCallTracker.smali.
My MIUI(Port from miui.com's desire z,i'm a chinese so it's different from miui.us):http://www.diypda.com/forum.php?mod=...%26sortall%3D1
4th April 2012, 12:43 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member

353 posts
OK so can I just delete that call tracker thing? And can someone show me how to push an app? I have the android sdk on my desktop ready to go

Sent from my PG06100 using XDA
4th April 2012, 09:35 PM   |  #7  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 7,878

8,320 posts
Donate to Me
More
Try Pyromod MIUI I haven't heard of any force closes with the phone.apk for that rom.
5th April 2012, 07:50 PM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member

353 posts
I have tried it before, it was really laggy compared to the current ones. So there really isn't a way to fix this error?

14th April 2012, 02:35 AM   |  #9  
Flag Pingdingshan,Henan,China
Thanks Meter: 6

21 posts
More
Lightbulb
framework.jar
use my framework.jar to replace miui.us 2.3.30's framework.jar
and must wipe dalvik-cache
14th April 2012, 03:58 AM   |  #10  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 7,878

8,320 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chyrio

I have tried it before, it was really laggy compared to the current ones. So there really isn't a way to fix this error?

That's interesting you say that because Pyromod MIUI is available for more than one device and people always say it's the best MIUI rom :beer:

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread